Mrs Lyons becomes more and more fearful of her son being taken away from her by the Johnstones. This actually leads to Edward becoming more distant from her, as he finds her suffocating. Still have questions? To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices. [Mrs Lyons ... turns Mickey round and points out Edward and Linda to him.]. The main characters in Blood Brothers are Mickey Johnstone and Edward Lyons, and their mothers, Mrs Johnstone and Mrs Lyons. Were you aware of the following facts regarding World War II? To where do the Johnstone and Lyons families move? I know Willy Russel only tells you a few of their names and i think they are; Micky, … Yahoo is part of Verizon Media. Skelmersdale . in the way that she persuades Mrs Johnstone, which shows how much she wants a child, but also suggests that she has a cruel streak. After she has taken the child and Mr Lyons has returned home - believing Edward to be his son, she fires Mrs Johnstone as she is scared about her becoming close to the baby. A gun. Mrs Johnstone is a warm and caring mother, despite the struggles she faces supporting her eight children alone. Mrs Lyons also reveals her lack of understanding of Mrs Johnstone’s life, as saying. As Edward grows up, Mrs Lyons is overprotective and jealous. Mrs Lyons quickly reveals to Mrs Johnstone that she is unhappy and isolated due to her husband being absent and them being unable to have children. I know Willy Russel only tells you a few of their names and i think they are; Micky, Edward, Sammy and Donna Marie. Darren Wayne. Mrs Lyons’ desperation leads to her manipulating Mrs Johnstone into giving her one of the twins. Mrs Lyons also reveals her lack of understanding of Mrs Johnstone’s life, as saying the Welfare people suggests that she is unfamiliar with the term. Does any other race claim that their lives matter, then shoot and stab each other to death for being from the "wrong" neighbourhood? Mrs Lyons is callous in using Mrs Johnstone’s fears against her. Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps. Do they lack empathy? July 18th. I know Willy Russel only tells you a few of their names and i think they are; Micky, Edward, Sammy and Donna Marie. Which violent weapon is repeatedly mentioned throughout the play? Mrs Lyons’ bitterness leads to her betraying her own son by exposing his secrets. Where do Linda, Mickey and Edward go when they are fifteen years old? Home Economics: Food and Nutrition (CCEA). Learn about the complicated and difficult lives they lead. At the start of the play, she describes how difficult her life has been. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Sign in, choose your GCSE subjects and see content that's tailored for you. She shows a lack of empathy for the poorer woman and instead is focused on getting what she wants. It’s just... it’s these people... these people that Edward had started mixing with. Mrs Lyons tells Mrs Johnstone this very soon after they meet, suggesting that she is in need of someone to talk to. Her dreams of having a child have been destroyed through her and her husband’s infertility and this leaves her desperate.