A Girl is A Body of Waterby Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi, A powerful portrait of a young Ugandan girl and her family. The target is a tree in the woods. Mar 2017, 400 pages He carefully hides his true identity from his daughter. Mary Titus is a hippie earth mother waitress-environmental activist who takes out her hatred of the sea by petitioning government agencies for the termination of cod fishing, which is the town's primary economic engine. Nonetheless, this is a great piece of writing that tracks back and forth between the present and past and rarely slows down in its rush to an ending that leaves you wanting more. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. They move from motel to motel,a few months here,a few months there so often that packing up and leaving becomes a game between the two of them. Perhaps it's an object a thief has purloined. “Everyone misses,” Hawley tells her, scratching his nose. Impending doom at every turn. Best book I have read in a long time, but may not be for you. As our story progresses bit by bit the layers of mystery are peeled away and by the half way point what is left are two protagonists I have come to feel deeply for. The Trump White House has installed two political operatives at the nation's top public health agency to try to control the information it releases about the coronavirus pandemic as the administration seeks to paint a positive outlook, sometimes at odds with the scientific evidence. This didn't work for this book. However, his love for his daughter Loo and deceased wife (Lily) is astronomic and immeasurable. Reviewed in the United States on August 9, 2017. But he truly loves his daughter Loo, although his method of raising her is far from the norm. However, the focus on guns and shooting was not easy to deal with especially since I read this book shortly after the Parkland High School tragedy and cannot comprehend the need for so much access to guns. He has been her sole caregiver since she was less than 1 year old. Through flashbacks explaining Samuel’s bullet-scarred body, readers learn about his past. They aren't really nice, they engage in reprehensible behavior, and yet, one comes to understand and care about them. “Your mother missed.”, “The first time,” he says. And diversions. I really like the way this author writes. The alcoholic blur pushes away the sharp edges in his mind. Reader Reviews, A new novel from the NY Times bestselling author of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.