Now I will direct people here! On the fifth Saturday, we bumped into each other at a photography/fashion event supporting our mutual friend. Anyway, I’m really happy with my shorter boyfriend and I would say to anyone debating- F*** societal norms and pressures and do what you want to be happy. I'll show you how. Check out the photos on my blog, I think you’ll find we weren’t ashamed! We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are. Eli: I grew up in St. Paul. ????? So what if they don’t look exactly like most people expect? She has beautiful smaller feet for her There is nothing my man doesn't do and I'm glad I didn't let something like height potentially ruin what is an awesome relationship. My wife and I are going on 15 years married this year. The taller part doesn't bother me as much as the bigger part. We used to get comments here and there in the beginning, but we never seem to get them anymore. What else a woman need?..lol.. Download PDF, This Is The Easiest Way to Get—And Gift—Your Wedding Album, Get Wedding Deals, Support Wedding Vendors, You Can Have Ethical, Affordable Wedding Jewelry You’ll Cherish, Planning A Wedding During COVID? We are good friends with another couple and the woman is 3 or 4 inches taller than her husband. They look amazing together. My husband still manages to make me feel feminine and protected and all of those things people argue you need a taller guy for. Hey eli… did ou ever think that people hated the way you look with your wife, Im like 5'10 and my bf is like 5'5 and we get made fun of everyday and i don't care about the size and or height but i can feel that he does.. We are in our mid 50’s now and have been married for 28 years. I'm 5'7", FH is 6'1" and the shortest guy I ever dated. He never makes me feel this way, but I struggle with feeling it…. And it’s easy to see the love you two share based on your post. I love this photo! After all, you’re in love! Once in a while I'll overhear someone say something like "men are supposed to be taller than their wives"…my response is "Are you prejudiced or something?". “I just needed to be with a man my own height for a while”. God Bless, I am 5'10" and my boyfriend is about an inch shorter. Here's How to Hem Your Dress! My inner dialogue was literally “YES! And I move in with my parents. My name is Samantha. My man is a keen surfer and goes to gym every week so he’s got a good looking body. lol. "If you go with a heel, look for a two-inch one; it will still elongate your silhouette, but you won't tower over your partner," Cavallo says. Flats for the wedding it will be! Two inches is a pretty small difference, depending on shoes and posture and stuff its barely even there, so don't sweat it... and the longer you're together the less you'll notice. is that ok for happy married life? So to answer Megan’s question, there are lots of ways to make shorter grooms look taller than their taller brides, mostly involving angles, hills, staircases, sitting down, and taking off one’s shoes. Hi, im a girl. It's only "weird" if you make it weird :) I always leaned toward shorter guys, they tend to have better personalities in my experience. In fact, now that I think about it, a lot of the long term couple I know have the lady as the taller one. And so on. My husband and I are almost the exact same height. If it helps, take a page from the books of others—for example, pregnant women often find themselves (and their bodies) constantly discussed by strangers and friends alike, and have harnessed a plethora of snappy comebacks when people say things off-hand. And I will totally link pictures once I get them . We're pretty close in height but doesn't mind if I tower over him in heels. We have an added issue…I'm also ten years older than him! People might notice it, but only because the "norm" of tall man-shorter woman is still strong, but then again who cares about that? Eli: I don’t think I’m quite qualified to be giving much dating advice. I think you found exactly what I have – it’s very hard to find great photos of taller bride. Anyway, I really enjoyed hearing the story of the couple in this feature. His waist size is my thigh. But maybe I am just really bad at guessing heights. I and my fiance are both 5’0″. I struggle because my last boyfriend was 6'7! Should you throw caution to the wind and channel your inner Gisele? Three days after our home study was complete, she told another man she would sleep with him when he visited her home office. Great post, Christa! And hey, before we depart, let me also remind you that you guys are in excellent company: Will and Jada? LOL Can't wait Karen! I really appreciate these post, regardless of it being a year or two or 5 years later. CADENCE IS HERE!” We spent the whole night together, and within months I was confident that I wanted to marry her. I don't REALLY need them anyway. I'm really glad you posted this! but there is defenitely an attraction of tall girls. 2 months later I realize he is the most manliest and confident guy I have been with. funny thing is when we post pics of us and the kids, never fails someone will say awe how cute y'all are all almost the same size, Well I wasnt even thinking of heels and being taller then him in pics till the other day, and I made a comment to him that I was considering no heels cause of our pro pics and he said heck no baby, its who we are so if you want heels wear away... Noooo lol I'm exactly 5ft and FH is 6ft 5in. Over the years, it came to the surface that he had a height complex. 5'10 to 5'7. Here is the distribution of height differences from those same couples: The most common arrangement is the husband five to six inches taller, and a … his eyes! I’ve been with my boyfriend for 3 years but we officially started dating a year ago. Sucks that people are like that, but what you gonna do? Not sure I'd call it conforming to society rules tho, I think its just a personal preference . Im on the opposite side. They look great, no? Come ask questions, post your pictures, whatever you want. FH is a couple inches taller, I'm the bigger than him in weight. Everything you need to know about giving your wedding dress the perfect fit, 6 Hot Wedding Veil Styles And How To Wear Them, 25 Wedding Flats That Are Fancy Enough to Walk Down the Aisle In, Say "I Love You" with 120 Love Quotes for Her. I would love to chat with you all.