"[3], The band Train covered the song on their 2004 album Alive at Last. Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. When I was at school this band were the main rivals to the Stones in terms of attitude...now I realise how different both bands were artistically...their work still stands up for me after all this time...fantastic. Label: Warner Bros. Records - K 16136 • Format: Vinyl 7 Faces - Stay With Me (1972, Vinyl) | Discogs View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1971 Solid Centre Vinyl release of Stay With Me on Discogs. Red lips, hair and fingernails, I hear you're a mean old Jezebel Lets go up stairs and read my Tarot cards Stay with me, stay with me For tonight you'd better stay with me Stay with me, stay with me For tonight you'd better stay with me So, in the mornin', please don't say you love me Rod Stewart's gravel-throated vocals were made for rock 'n' roll. - FACES - STAY WITH ME-THE FACES ANTHOLOGY 2 CD 36 TRACKS CLASSIC ROCK & POP NEW! The three original Faces members performed ‘Stay With Me’ to bring the 2020 BRIT Awards to a close. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. "It's his best Rod Stewart impression. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. The song has also appeared on various Faces compilations and on albums by both songwriters. "Stay with Me", written by Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood, was first recorded by their band Faces for the 1971 album A Nod Is As Good As a Wink... to a Blind Horse. Much better than the single CD compilation from a few years back. Faces previously reunited at the 1993 BRIT Awards, playing ‘Stay With Me’ on that occasion too. I would have bought this for the title track alone, but there is some fantastic music included here. Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Label: Warner Bros. Records - K 16136 • Format: Vinyl 7 Faces - Stay With Me (1971, Solid Centre, Vinyl) | Discogs The song starts with a breakneck intro that settles into a steady groove - a simple rock & roll form…, "Stay with Me", written by Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood, was first recorded by their band Faces for the 1971 album A Nod Is as Good as a Win…, "Stay with Me", written by Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood, was first recorded by their band Faces for the 1971 album A Nod Is as Good as a Wink…To a Blind Horse. ultimate guitar com. The lyrics describe a woman with "red lips, hair and fingernails" he "found… down on the floor"; the singer proposes a one-night stand on the condition that she must be gone when he wakes up. Search. The Faces were unanthologized on CD prior to 1999, but ever since Rhino's corking single-disc Good Boys...When They're Asleep..., the group has seen a number of different compilations of different sizes, of which Rhino U.K.'s 2012 set Stay with Me: Anthology is the fifth. This 36-song anthology charts the highlights of the Faces, the English rock band formed in 1969 by members of The Small Faces after Steve Marriott left that group to form Humble Pie. Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. Page 1 of 1 Start over Page 1 of 1 . Personally I think Mr Stewart was at his best when mixed with Mr Jones, Mr McLagan, Mr Wood and of course Mr Lane. Unable to add item to Wish List. 104. Stay With Me - Rod Stewart (Rod Stewart/Ron Wood, 1971) Chorded By: Skidaddy, Esq., G.Q. 24. See all 5. See all. Stay with Me includes many Faces classics, including the title track as well as "Had Me a Real Good Time" and "Ooh La La". The song has also appeared on various Faces compilations and on albums by both songwriters. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. But with a face like that you got nothin' to laugh about. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The Faces, were probably one of the best live bands ever,so speaks a fan. "Stay with Me" reached number 17 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and spent two weeks at number 10 on the Cash Box Top 100. Official. The song has also appeared on various Faces compilations and on albums by both songwriters. Please try again. Ronnie Wood has been a member of the Rolling Stones since 1975. I love it, and would highly recommend. [2], In 1993, Stewart reunited with Wood for MTV Unplugged, recorded a live version of the song, which appears on the 1993 album Unplugged...and Seated (1993). Leave feedback, "Stay with Me", written by Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood, was first recorded by their band Faces for the 1971 album A Nod Is as Good as a Wink…To a Blind Horse. 3, March 04 1972", https://charts.nz/showitem.asp?interpret=Faces&titel=Stay+With+Me&cat=s, The Irish Charts – Search Results – Stay with Me", https://dutchcharts.nl/jaaroverzichten.asp?year=1972&cat=s, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Stay_with_Me_(Faces_song)&oldid=979145632, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 19 September 2020, at 02:10. Of those 30 tracks, 27 cuts are present and accounted for on Stay with Me -- the missing numbers are "Open to Ideas," "Jodie," and "(I Know) I'm Losing You," the latter two cuts from solo Rod Stewart albums where he was backed by the Faces -- and those other nine songs include some of the Faces' very best, including the roaring rocker "That's All You Need," Ronnie Lane's sweet, plaintive "Richmond," and the gloriously shambolic "On the Beach." A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. [1] The song also reached number 6 in the UK and number 4 in Canada. Stay with Me includes many Faces classics, including the title track as well as "Had Me a Real Good Time" and "Ooh La La". The song ha…, There are more than one act with this name: 1) Faces were an early 1970s rock band formed in 1969 from the remaining members of.