Learning a foreign language becomes fun and easy when you learn with movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. Students will be simulating a real-life experience while having fun like kids. Clicking “learn” opens up a whole new learning experience for them. } You can even add a bridge somewhere or simulate a tunnel. Preterite Imperfect Bundle Re-energize your class by: designing paper T-shirts, enjoying authentic food at your own language cafe, playing classroom sports, singing songs, writing fairy tales, and reviewing verbs and vocabulary with fun games. This way the original driver now becomes the passenger, and has a chance to give directions orally to their partner. to be able to speak Spanish in volunteering projects around the world. 1. These make great sub plans! We’re all in this together, and many teachers and creators are pulling together to offer great resources you can use at home. Each week, pick a Hispanic country and plan a cultural Friday where you show 6-8 colorful photos from the country, color a country flag, learn interesting facts, and travel virtually with a few short video clips. Prior to the active listening activities, play short audio clips for them to listen to carefully. border: solid 1px black; .mc-button-box { . Each student starts off with seven tokens and their aim is to get rid of all of them. And this activity will prepare your students to do the same—whether it is something that happened to them once or to someone else. But make sure there is no showing, only talking. Spanish Speaking Activity - Storytelling Dice: this is a fun and engaging activity to practice speaking skills and grammar through storytelling dice. The beginner's section is … To give your students this meaningful speaking practice, I have put together eight fun activities that involve real-life speaking scenarios. Some were worthy of admiration, like “to be able to speak Spanish in volunteering projects around the world.” Others were charming, but less altruistic (“to pick up girls“). In an ideal world, our students would master every single one of these aspects, but in our classroom there is only time and space for some. Each video has interactive subtitles. Diverse audio input strengthens all-around listening and conversational skills, and prepares students for the huge range of situations they’ll encounter outside the classroom. Of course you will have take the age of your students and their language level into consideration, but do not leave children out of this activity. .mc-button-box { I will talk 5. I’ve seen what works and what doesn’t work in class. This unit covers them all and gets students practicing in real life situations. The following are some tips to make these shy students feel relaxed and to get them speaking. These can be news shows, which can be found at sites like the BBC Spanish language site or the Spanish language version of NPR. After sending a letter, you need to go to the supermarket and to the bakery.). (Download). Use the PPT slides to teach formation and usage, as well as for practice activities. This will confuse them and make them scared again of making mistakes. 101 Easy Spanish Activities for Kids Stuck at Home (With Printable Lists). You can focus activities around Spanish … } . The student who pushes the car is el conductor (the driver) and the person guiding him/her is the one riding shotgun: el copiloto. Unsubscribe at anytime. 3 levels of words with sample sentences for each. You can focus activities around Spanish language radio in a number of ways. width: 100%; This purchase, hands down, is the best decision I have ever made regarding Spanish classroom resources. If you liked this post, something tells me that you'll love FluentU, the best way to teach Spanish with real-world videos. width: 80%; } Also includes: large flags to hang in class, map practice and quizzes, nationality practice and quizzes, country-capital practice, speaking activities, etc.