You will encounter misguided people from time to time. Don’t. So to take any consideration you need to think twice about these. He means that he loves an inner air, inner life in which freedom lives. And if it means so little to you that you can just give it away, hand it to him, then why should it mean any more to him? The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself.” — Charlotte Brontë, “I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.” — Rita Mae Brown, “Above all things, respect yourself.” — Pythagoras, “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” — Lao Tzu, “If they don’t respect you, respect yourself and leave that situation.” — Mohammad, “Respect yourself and others will respect you.” — Confucius. We need self-respect, identity, community, love, variety, beauty, challenge and a purpose in living that is greater than material accumulation. Learn to love it. Self Respect is everything.”, “Never bend your head. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Copyright 2016 - 2020 © All Rights Reserved. Very often, when I give my view that there is no supernatural dimension, and certainly not one that is only or especially available to the faithful, and that the natural world is wonderful enough—and even miraculous enough if you insist—I attract pitying looks and anxious questions. They let him keep his head up high, free, with nothing to hide him or bind him. — Confucius. It’s earned and offered.”, “God created you as you are. Every choice matters.”, “Responsibility to yourself means refusing to let others do your thinking, talking, and naming for you; it means learning to respect and use your own brains and instincts; hence, grappling with hard work.” ―. You really want somebody like that? Self-respect means having confidence within oneself, Self-respect is the respect you have for yourself, while ego is your understanding of your own importance. So from today onwards be ready to meet the new you by loving yourself more than yesterday and know your worth. Learn to live it.”, “Never violate the sacredness of your individual self-respect.”, “The opinion which other people have is their problem, not yours.”, “You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.”, “Your problem is you’re too busy holding onto your unworthiness.”, “The greatest thing in the word is to know how to belong to oneself.”, “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.”, “Once you feel you are avoided by someone, never disturb them again.”, “It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else’s eyes.”, “Love yourself enough to surround yourself with people who respect you.”, “The better you feel about yourself, the less you need the feel to show off.”, “Happiness blooms in the presence of self-respect and the absence of ego.”, “Do not compare yourself to others. When you need it most it isn’t there.” — May Sarton. The great thing in the world is not so much to seek happiness as to earn peace and self-respect. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.”–, “Character — the willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life — is the source from which self-respect springs.”-, “Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself.”-, “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. When you have both firmly under your belt, that’s real power.” — Clint Eastwood, “If we lose love and self-respect for each other, this is how we finally die. The clouds never cover the head. Cutting people out of my life, does not mean I hate them, it simply means I respect me. There is nothing intelligent about not standing up for yourself. When you know that you can overcome challenges, you do gain that self-respect, and then you won't end up in a situation that you regret later on. Ways in which you can develop a healthy level of self-respect: We all deserve respect and value in life. – Abraham Joshua Heschel. we all have a self-respect but some people lose it or some people keep it. Self Respect is all about being confident and contented with yourself as you are. Before you respect others respect yourself first. Did you ever see the way the clouds love a mountain? It's a bad word, 'belong.' Self-sufficiency is vitally important to my self-respect. Self-respect is nothing but so-called self-love. Always hold it high. It's so hard to stand on one's own record. Can you take a stand for yourself? These quotes are also suitable for your status. — Maxwell Maltz; Self-respect is the fruit of discipline the sense of dignity grows with the … It is that simple. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.”, “Don’t ever dumb yourself down just to make someone else feel comfortable.”, “Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.”, “Don’t lower your standards for anyone or anything. When you need it most it isn't there. If he throws you out, then you are garbage. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself.”. When you have both firmly under your belt, that's real power." Hey, reader here are some strategy of self empowerment. Check it out in Quotes.house I think so many people tend to think of faith as blind adherence to a dogma or unquestioned surrender to an authority figure, and the result is losing self-respect and losing our own sense of what is true. “Respect yourself enough to say “I deserve peace” and walk away from people or things that prevent you from attaining it.” — Jerico Silvers, “It is better to displease the people by doing what you know is right.” — William J. H. Boetcker, “Happiness is the highest form of self-respect. It is capable of predicting certain outcomes, such as academic achievement, happiness, satisfaction in marriage and relationships. I have no right, by anything I do or say, to demean a human being in his own eyes. India | Email: coolbigenter@gmail.com | Copyright © 2020 bigenter.info. You can keep your love, I will keep my respect.” ―, “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” ―, “Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you or makes you happy.”, “To free us from the expectations of others, to give us back to ourselves – there lies the great, the singular power of self-respect.”, “Never esteem anything as of advantage to you that will make you break your word or lose your self-respect.” ―, “When someone treats you like an option, help them narrow their choices by removing yourself from the equation. Did you ever see the way the clouds love a mountain? They circle all around it; sometimes you can’t even see the mountain for the clouds. Always remember that it is not your job to make someone else realize how worthy you are, instead, it is your job to understand and acknowledge your own self-worth. Now let’s catch hold of some of the most motivational Self Respect Quotes that will highlight your worth. Do you know your worth? Your ego is your strictest judge. Before you expect other people to respect and love you the way they should, you must show them how by the way you love and respect yourself. You think that because he doesn’t want you anymore that he is right — that his judgement and opinion of you are correct. Look the world straight in the eye.” — Helen Keller, “They cannot take away our self respect if we do not give it to them.” — Mahatma Gandhi. You can’t lose what you don’t own. He can’t value you more than you value yourself.” ― Toni Morrison, “Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.” ― Shannon L. Alder, “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” ― Shannon L. Alder, “If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.” ― Jack Kornfield, “Character — the willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life — is the source from which self-respect springs.” ― Joan Didion, “I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior, except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.” ― Theodore Roosevelt, “Responsibility to yourself means refusing to let others do your thinking, talking, and naming for you; it means learning to respect and use your own brains and instincts; hence, grappling with hard work.” ― Adrienne Rich, “Staying silent is like a slow growing cancer to the soul and a trait of a true coward. Real education enhances the dignity of a human being and increases his or her self-respect. “Determination, courage, self─ confidence lead to success, but we should always remain humble, … These self worth sayings and images will inspire you to love yourself. Self-respect is a commodity worth cleaving to. It's simple to seek substitutes for competence--such easy substitutes: love, charm, kindness, charity. Your email address will not be published. You need to understand these words to understand yourself. Perhaps the surest test of an individual's integrity is his refusal to do or say anything that would damage his self-respect. Respect your efforts, respect yourself. The willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life is the source from which self-respect springs. You can't fake it in your own eyes. That's part of life. Rich enough. This feeling holds that much power by which you can achieve success and growth at any platform of life. Collection of top 100 self respect quotes on loving yourself and regaining your self-esteem, self-worth in life. His head pokes through, beacuse the clouds let him; they don’t wrap him up. We want them to learn not only reading and math but fairness, caring, self-respect, family commitment, and civic duty. Self respect quotes for girls as important as boys. “They cannot take away our self respect if we do not give it to them.”, “Staying silent is like a slow growing cancer to the soul and a trait of a true coward. Your email address will not be published. I do not believe it's good for one's self-respect to be a punching bag. First of all, you have to build trust upon yourself and listen to your inner voice.