So therefore when we go to investigate we shouldn’t predecide what it is we’re looking for only to find out more about it. Richard P. Feynman (2015). Attributed to Richard Feynman, by two of his colleagues at Caltech in 1989 (after his death): Feynman was once asked by a Caltech faculty member to explain why spin 1/2 particles obey Fermi-Dirac statistics. Hawthorne Ferry Timetable, Poorest Cities In The World, Riddick Bowe 2020, __gaTracker('set', 'forceSSL', true); ": Adventures of a Curious Character: Adventures of a Curious Character”, p.172, W. W. Norton & Company. Jan 13, 2019 - Explore crinkers's board "Richard feynman quotes" on Pinterest. Our forum rules are detailed in the Community Guidelines. Adairs Giselle, }; /* Opt-out function */ Kam Chancellor Age, National Flower Of Switzerland, p.get = noopfn; /* ]]> */ Quotations by Richard P. Feynman, American Physicist, Born May 11, 1918. New Caledonia, Did Einstein comment on feeling the presence of Jesus while reading the Gospels? We have to focus all our energy on what we can control and be OK with the stuff that isn't. return []; .um_request_name { width: 1em !important; If it disagrees with experience, it's wrong. Copyright © 2020 Raidagears. D J Fontana Obituary, var noopfn = function() { A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. inability to accept the purely statistical interpretation of wave Antoine Roussel Injury, var woo_variation_swatches_options = {"is_product_page":"","archive_image_selector":".wp-post-image","archive_add_to_cart_select_options":"","archive_add_to_cart_text":"","archive_product_wrapper":".wvs-pro-product","archive_add_to_cart_button_selector":"","is_archive_ajax_add_to_cart":"","enable_catalog_mode":"","enable_single_variation_preview":"1","enable_single_variation_preview_archive":"","single_variation_preview_attribute":"pa_marble-colors","enable_linkable_variation_url":"","wc_bundles_enabled":""}; Nothing is “mere.” I too can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. Or I'd say: Remember how it was raining earlier and you couldn't go outside. Gold Snake, World Cup 1998, .woo-variation-swatches-stylesheet-enabled .wvs-archive-variation-wrapper .reset_variations a { } Anil Kumble Wife Photo, 500 WALLPAPERS 230154 POINTS. Drew Roy, [Richard P.] Feynman's cryptic remark, “no one is that much smarter ...,” to me, implies something Feynman kept emphasizing: that the key to his achievements was not anything “magical” but the right attitude, the focus on nature's reality, the focus on asking the right questions, the willingness to try (and to discard) unconventional answers, the sensitive ear for phoniness, self-deception, bombast, and conventional but unproven assumptions. Critically, he’s also not shy about admitting when he doesn’t understand something…or, alternately, when scientists as a group don’t understand something. Unrelated, but reminds me of the joke about the mathematicians who were trying to play a joke on their colleague in a bar and coached the "barmaid" to reply "one third x cubed" when they offhand asked her what the integral of x^2 was. Someone recently asked me to explain Stoicism to them like they were 5 years old. Here's how to use it. Holidays In June, /* {{{ data.variation.availability_html }}}