Boom.”. What a finish. Dude is a walking KO reel. A matchup between two welterweight finishers is the latest addition to UFC Portland. He lost the fight via knockout in the first round. Mixedmartialarts LLC. All four of the losses have taken place in just under 14 months. All rights reserved. “I figured I did, but I wasn’t getting excited until I waited and I saw my name on Instagram with 50k next to it.”, UFC CHAMP STIPE MIOCIC LIKELY DONE FIGHTING FOR YEAR AFTER SUFFERING 'MAJOR RETINA INJURY', He added: “I went for that takedown, horrible takedown – but I pulled him on top of me and it worked out for the best. According to Sirius XM Radio, Vick’s CT scan came back negative. I caught him with the upkick with the heel. Vick needs to take a serious break. UFC Fight Night 161 results: "Joanna vs. Waterson" brought the world’s premier MMA organization to Amalie Arena in Tampa, Fla., last night (Sat., Oct. 12, 2019). He’s now lost four fights in a row, and three of them have come by vicious KO. James and his wife Ada have a son, James Jr (born 2018). Price’s fighting style is wild and crowd pleasing, and he often finds himself in predicaments that would be disastrous for most.

But after getting knocked out by Gaethje in the first round in 2018 (see it), Vick went on an unfortunate downward spiral that resulted in three more defeats. James Vick.

By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies. Vick didn’t get up high enough as he tried to position himself to launch strikes from the top, and the ever-active Price connected with the back of his heel.

Price is dangerous as hell in some oddball situations. All market data delayed 20 minutes. bout during the UFC Fight Night event at Amalie Arena on October 12, 2019 in Tampa, Florida. White Warns Of ‘Huge Cut’ To UFC Roster, Vick Likens UFC Lightweights To Ball-Less Pigs, Men's UFC 253 Adesanya vs Costa Artist Series Event T-Shirt, Israel Adesanya Champion Authentic UFC Fight Night Walkout Jersey, Paulo Costa Chalk UFC Fight Night Walkout Hoodie Replica, Israel "The Last Stylebender" Adesanya Silhouette T-Shirt, Martinez Picks Almeida Apart, Ruins Return. All market data delayed 20 minutes. Following this fight, Vick's contract expired and the UFC elected not to renew it, making him a free agent. © 2020 Forbes Media LLC.

Copyright Terms of Use Privacy Policy Advertising. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, While this win came via up-kick, Price has done damage from his back before.

© 2020 All rights reserved. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies. This year alone has taken 10 years off Vick's life. He’s supposed to undergo more tests later in the week. Niko Price def. Damn. You can also find me previewing and recapping WWE PPV events. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com. Please also read our Privacy Notice and Terms of Use, which became effective December 20, 2019.

(Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images). Niko Price is always dangerous. Take a look at this up-kick KO of Vick: I’ve seen a few up-kicks do some serious damage in MMA, but this one might have been the cleanest stoppage from the back I can remember.

That was another nasty KO.

James Vick moves up to welterweight to face Niko Price on Saturday's UFC Fight Night 161 fight card. Somehow, Price has made a habit of pulling out these kinds of thrilling victories from the jaws of defeat. TAMPA, FLORIDA - OCTOBER 12: Niko Price knocks out James Vick with an upkick in their welterweight ... [+] bout during the UFC Fight Night event at Amalie Arena on October 12, 2019 in Tampa, Florida. Vicks jaw is shot. Along the way, he picked up big wins over Abel Trujillo and Joseph Duffy. I ot Price.

It was reportedly just the second time in UFC history that an upkick has finished a fight.

To learn more or opt-out, read our Cookie Policy.

Aaron Bronsteter recently confirmed that UFC officials opted not to re-sign Vick after his contract expired following his loss to Niko Price in October of 2019.

Ryan Gaydos is a sports reporter for FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com. From his back, Price delivered an upkick square to Vick’s face, knocking him out.

I cover sports video games like NBA 2K, Madden, MLB The Show, FIFA, NHL, EA UFC, Fight Night, Super Mega Baseball, DIRT, F1, NASCAR, Forza, and everything in between. All Rights Reserved, This is a BETA experience. ©2020 FOX News Network, LLC. (Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images), EY & Citi On The Importance Of Resilience And Innovation, Impact 50: Investors Seeking Profit — And Pushing For Change.

To learn more or opt-out, read our Cookie Policy.

Nurmagomedov Steamrolls Striegl With 51-Second KO, Ortega Feeling ‘Free And Happy’ Heading Into UFC Fight Island 6. Commercial reproduction, distribution or transmission of any part or parts of this website or any information contained therein by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission is not permitted. UFC Fight Island 6 Results & Play-By-Play! Niko Price (14-3-1 MMA, 6-3-1 UFC) will take on Muslim Salikhov (16-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) at UFC on ESPN+ 30 in Portland. All rights reserved. Niko Price def.

How To Watch ‘Lomachenko Vs. Lopez’ TONIGHT On ESPN.

Midnight Mania! Prior to his skid, Vick had done pretty well for himself inside the Octagon, winning nine of his first 10 fights with the promotion, moving him up the rankings in the process. All told, Vick ends his UFC run with a solid 9-5 mark. UFC Fight Night 161 results live: Nike Price vs. James Vick full fight recap of the Welterweight main card bout TONIGHT (Sat., Oct. 12, 2019) from inside Amalie Arena in Tampa, Fla., featuring a... UFC Fight Night: Jedrzejczyk vs. Waterson.

Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.

James Vick found that out firsthand on Saturday night in Tampa, Florida at UFC Fight Night 161. Fox News Flash top headlines for Oct. 14 are here. UFC STAR JORGE MASVIDAL HELPS FEED THE HOMELESS AS BOUT WITH NATE DIAZ NEARS. I never get tired of seeing Vick knocked out. He may make an Arloski like comeback but I doubt it.

James Vick via KO (kick) - Round 1, 1:44.

MMA Mania, UFC news, results, videos, rumors, fights, UFC releases James Vick following four straight losses, RJJ: Bout Delayed Because Tyson ‘Didn’t Have A Chance’.

UFC on ESPN+ 38 results: Gillian Robertson controls Poliana Botelho for flyweight wins record, UFC books Jessica Eye, Joanne Calderwood to fight Jan. 23, Video: Said Nurmagomedov opens UFC on ESPN+ 38 with blistering knockout, Sean Strickland lands replacement opponent at UFC on ESPN+ 39, faces Jack Marshman on Oct. 31, UFC 254 video: John Gooden, Dan Hardy break down Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Justin Gaethje, Bellator 249's Christian Edwards on submission win over Hamza Salim, what's next, LFA 93 highlights: Aaron Jeffrey claims TKO win in Kansas, Steve Mowry grades himself a B- after Bellator 249 win, declines post-fight callout, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Feel bad for Vick but he needs to walk away.

Go behind the scenes on “UFC Fight Island” as coach Din Thomas reveals a snapshot of life inside the bubble in Abu Dhabi. Price moved to 14-3 with the knockout, while Vick fell to 13-5. Niko Price def. CLICK HERE FOR THE ALL-NEW FOXBUSINESS.COM. Price then punched Vick a few times in the face as the referee called the match. A person with knowledge of the situation confirmed the booking to MMA Junkie after an initial report from ESPN.. UFC on ESPN+ 30 takes place April 11 at Moda Center in Portland, Ore. Best MMA Knockout of the Year 2019; UFC on ESPN+ 19 Performance of the Night; Price Highlights! We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content and targeted ads, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audiences come from. 170 lbs | MMA.

Late in the first round of their welterweight fight at UFC Fight Night 161 in Tampa, Fla., Vick appeared ready to deliver a brutal round of ground-and-pound on Price. ©2020 FOX News Network, LLC. LIVE! ‘They Don’t Test For Marijuana’. UFC Fight Night: Jedrzejczyk vs. Waterson James Vick vs Niko Price October 12, 2019 Amalie Arena, Tampa, Florida, United States Niko Price def. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content and targeted ads, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audiences come from. By: Simon Head. Was This Maxim Grishin TKO Legit? This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Vick needs to retire.