I would’ve walked the whole thing, but the drop after that hill was dangerously steep on foot, with no steps or railing or such…. The fact that you were able to wander the park unmolested for hours suggests that security wasn’t too tight. […]. The life and death of Disneyland clone Nara Dreamland. Seems like that land would have a bit of a premium on it. Buy prints here. where is it. Staying in nara for 3 months. Most of the buildings and indoor rides were sealed up. Wonderful trip, photos, and report, Mike.

Surprised Florian didn’t turn into a pig and you didn’t end up working in a bath house . Ha, I get your reference to “spirited away” 5 years later…nice. I’ve also since added a Dreamland: Heyday article, featuring photos from visitors to Dreamland from across its 45 year lifespan. The park closed due to poor attendance but is currently abandoned with nature slowly taking over the rides.

I think that I know this rollercoster. This sounds great, I would love to go to Ghost town Disney Japan. By the current looks of it (I went there recently) it’s hard to believe Nara Dreamland is closed for just 4 years…, […] forward to the 1960′s in Nara Japan. Access was easy. I’ve heard many stories of haikyoists arriving only to be either deterred by the cameras, sensors, alarms and fines, or actually physically expelled by the furious security guard. I climbed up Aska (the huge wooden coaster) a little, dropped my flashlight as I went over the fence, and spent 10 minutes scrabbling amongst the brambles to find it. document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a3cbb93b9b0c30c56c354ae1c4014810" );document.getElementById("i5ca78d5f2").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); A Retard Zone Production Retard Zone © 2020. Nara Dreamland is the epitome of many haikyo dreams; an abandoned theme park with all its roller-coasters and rides still standing. Located near Nara Japan the park had a main street, matterhorn, monorail, autopia, skyway and more. There was still the threat of fines, motion sensors, alarms. how can i get there?

I just came back from Nara Dreamland. signs. I’ve just spent a year in Nara (2015-2016), a kilometre from the park, and it was after I went back to Tokyo recently that the destruction began. it is AMAZING ??? In the 1961, a theme park opened in Japan imitating the California Disneyland ride by ride. Occasionally I`d see a flashlight go by and wonder if it was Florian or a security guard. Why was it closed and abandoned? Well, that time arrived. That, combined with unlimited access to the rides, rails, and behind the scenes places, made this a stellar explore. Entry by night definitely made up for the general lack of overgrowth. Disney is more than just a company- its a legacy.. And while its a shame that someone’s time and effort has gone to waste, it really had to be expected…. Hi Shann, I went to perhaps the highest point- the first big hill that coasters get winched up. Suffice it to say, the Japanese version of Disneyland was smaller and more efficient (lol). Usually in a haikyo a large part of the appeal comes from the untouched nature of an all-new enivronment. Located near Nara Japan the park had a main street, matterhorn, monorail, autopia, skyway and more. I’m pleased you used my photos of Nara Dreamland in its abandoned state, but you could have asked first eh? Mas aposto que você não sabia (ou sabia?) It`s exploring, in this case the world built by nature in the places we once owned. Wow, Very cool and Amazone photos! But going in by night made it a foreign land. E funcionou até 2006!
I don’t think it’s so sad that it closed, nobody remembers it in Japan and the people who went there didn’t like it at all. Required fields are marked *. Does anyone know where I can call, or contact the owners of this property? As Florian and I split up to explore separate sections of the park, I wandered in a kind of daze, drinking it in. I could have broken in, but there was no point- I could see through the windows of most, and it was obvious they were only empty shells. I investigated the cable-car ride through the Matterhorn-like mountain. Happy urban exploring to you all! It’s sad that’s it closed and just decaying. It really is an amazing experience and if you are in nara i suggest checking it out. How far up the roller coaster track did you go? I saw no security cameras and i highly doubt they would even work at this point. The birth of “Nara Dreamland“. In the dark I suppose its crapness would be less obvious. I wish I could have gotten over to them, but the bridges were all down. And this is awesome by the way.

If you want to see it, it’s here: http://www.meow.fr/urbex/nara-dreamland-haikyo/. Its cheaper than going to Paris, they hate English there. That park is a cheap copy of Disneyland in California. I walked around the front area and took in the train station entrance (for delivering people from the far car park).
I meandered through the park a final time picking up any extra shots that stood out. But to see it from this view, is very cool! Nara Dreamland was an almost complete copy of Disneyland in California and was open from 1961 to 2006. If you do, please let me know as soon as possible. There’s the excitement, the adrenaline pushing against growing exhaustion, and that unreal feeling of having briefly slipped through the cracks and found a place apart, somewhere that time forgot and left behind. Fantastic read! Some good shots of heavy machinery. Help | Complain | Contact Us The map you used for Disneyland in California is actually a map of Disneyland Paris. The streets were quiet and calm as we walked the 30 minutes to the Dreamland site. Back in 1961 when Nara Dreamland opened the park begins as the next Disneyland and it showed theme park companies in the United States how expanding overseas can be. It really wasn’t good it seems. Very interesting comparison! I went yesterday and there was literally no deterrents at all, aside from ?????? We wandered around for hours, occasionally pausing to snap long-exposure shots of the stars, rides, and castle. Nara Dreamland was an abandoned amusement park at Nara.I’ve mentioned it several times on this site : here for my first visit and here for a stroll around the roller coasters. How sad, I’ve been to both of them.

MJG September 22, 2010 Haikyo, Nara, Theme Parks 118 Comments. Even though it was a Disney knock-off. More Pictures from Theme Park Review who took a trip there before it closed. However, seeing the photos of the Disney originals and the Dreamland rip offs side by side is fantastic! Your email address will not be published. By around 5am I was pretty shattered, so curled up in the bucket seat of a kids ride and napped for about 30 minutes. For all that time, as we rushed around feeling knackered and worried about the security guard, the light was blue and cold and really unpleasant. Don't like it? It’s great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same old rehashed material. After that 30 minutes though it began to warm up, and I got some nice sunrise shots through the rides. I’ve wanted to go to a standing abandoned theme park since I started haikyoing. […]. The color on the wheels isn’t rust, it’s too uniform. Did something happen or it just got old? I wonder what security is like these days? Orion (you can see the 3 stars of his belt) behind the Dreamland castle.

But remember it IS illegal and the fine for getting caught is about 1000.00 american dollars. Thanks!