overcome by anxieties and suspicions in later scenes. We thought children might come along.’ ‘I wanted to adopt, but Mr Lyons, he said he wanted a son of his own and not somebody else’s. To Kill a Mockingbird -Analysis of Major Characters, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, {"ad_unit_id":"App_Resource_Leaderboard","width":728,"height":90,"rtype":"MindMap","rmode":"canonical","placement":2,"sizes":"[[[0, 0], [[970, 250], [970, 90], [728, 90]]]]","custom":[{"key":"env","value":"production"},{"key":"rtype","value":"MindMap"},{"key":"rmode","value":"canonical"},{"key":"placement","value":2},{"key":"uauth","value":"f"},{"key":"uadmin","value":"f"},{"key":"ulang","value":"en_us"},{"key":"ucurrency","value":"usd"}]}. Over-protective mother, who is always anxious about Edward, 29, 2.12 “Because if we stay here I feel that something terrible will happen, something bad”, 2.13 “They’re drawing him away” - Mrs Lyons – Pg. Please.”- Mrs L- Pg. Lyons – Pg. Learn about the complicated and difficult lives they lead. I got an A* because of this resource. cold character who finds it difficult to be affectionate towards others. Mrs Lyons - Blood Brothers Words to describe her Beginning of play Kind Thoughtful Mysterious Middle of play Desparate Lonely Lonely Exploiting Threatening Frightening Superstitious Revealing Manipulative Bitter Jealous Vicious Revenge End of play Quotes “How are you? Mrs Johnstone is a warm and caring mother, despite the struggles she faces supporting her eight children alone. When she reunites with Mrs Johnstone she bribes her, but Mrs J refuses, then she grabs a knife and threatens her. 53, 2.15 “You won’t ruin Edward!” - Mrs Lyons – Pg. He’d never know.’ ‘What will you do for help in the house?’ ‘The house is your domain.’ ‘We both think it would … Through revealing her superstitious nature to Mrs Lyons, she gives her a way of manipulating her. Throughout the play, he is paternalistic and preoccupied. I don’t want your money. Mrs Johnstone’s poor judgement is also shown in her buying things from the catalogue that she cannot afford. When she finds out that Edward has befriended Mickey she moves away to the country because of her 'health.'. I’m finding it rather large at the moment.’ ‘We bought such a large house for children. Her superstitions and lack of education enable her employer to take advantage of her. Mrs Johnstone’s poor judgement is also shown in her buying things from the catalogue that she cannot afford. Get Revising is one of the trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd. Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. Mrs Johnstone has led a difficult life at quite a young age. For each quote, you can also see the other characters and themes related to it (each theme is indicated by its own dot and icon, like this one: ). 806 8067 22, Registered office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE, English: Literature Paper 1: Blood Brothers: Theme: Social Class & Money, Please Grade my essay - English Lit GCSE », CCEA GCSE English Literature Poetry/Drama Exam! Mrs Lyons - Act 2 (11 traits) cold, manipulative, devious, selfish, suspicious, overprotective, anxious, paranoid, mad, pushes away Edward, mental health deteriorates Subjects © Copyright Get Revising 2020 all rights reserved. Oh God, Mrs Lyons, never put new shoes on a table... You never know what'll happen. Here are some quotes and words about Mrs Lyons from the play Blood Brothers to help with your GCSE. The dynamic nature of our site means that Javascript must be enabled to function properly. © Copyright Get Revising 2020 all rights reserved. lonely housewife, cold character who finds it difficult to be affectionate towards others. 11, 2.5 “MRS LYONS shows the bible to MRS JOHNSTONE… and then lays her hand on it.”, 2.7 “You gave your baby away.” – Mrs Lyons – Pg. By the time that I was twenty five, I looked like forty two, with seven hungry mouths to feed and one more nearly due. How does Shakespeare present villainy in Macbeth? Blood Brothers: Mrs Lyons. Just revise this and nothing else for blood sisters and you will get an A*.