9. 8. I found this in Good Housekeeping. The all-day festival hosted by Experience Scottsdale and The City of Scottsdale includes plenty of food, beverages, entertainment, an authentic mercado, mariachis, a kid’s craft area and more!

Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. In a continuation to our conversation Lopez shares some interesting figures from a recent survey on the intake of dairy.

WHAT’S YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE?

¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST? Time for a road trip—where are you going? We’ve taken road trips to wine country—Santa Barbara, Temecula, and Napa Valley.

Divide turkey mixture evenly among tortillas; top with greens and cheese.

The Cocoa Puffs are Lopez’s favorite, as General Mills is bringing a more chocolatey taste to the breakfast cereal. If you could decree an official state culinary experience, what would it be? Mexican food.

Mario Lopez fondly recalls the family trips he took as a child—to see the woods and waterfalls of Yosemite and the redwood trees in Northern California—but one excursion stands out: Universal Studios Hollywood.. “I remember going as a kid,” says the actor and television host, 44. Who or what is your greatest California love? I am the No. Once the flour was fully cooked (about 5 minutes later), I added the milk while whisking continuously. 2 slices cooked turkey bacon, finely chopped It’s the only time of year where we all, my grandmother and my mom and her five sisters, they all make tamales… Here’s a creative recipe from Mario Lopez. I’ve been following Mario Lopez since before I can remember.

HOW DO YOU JUGGLE TIME BETWEEN YOUR FAMILY AND WORK ENGAGEMENTS? 85% believe that sharing meals impacts trust in relationships.

On Saturday, October 3rd at 10 a.m. PT, join General Mills in watching your favorite childhood cartoons and eating snack packs of all four classic cereals from Los Angeles or from the comfort of your living room. 2.

Watching movies and TV and eating popcorn. “It’s going to be different, but there are a lot of nods to the nostalgia and some easter eggs/references to the past. More than that, cooking together is a strategy employed at Casa Lopez to put down the devices and be together without any distractions. Food – Fish tacos, chicken enchiladas; Source – Bodybuilding.com. Get your spoons ready- because we are all celebrating the return of the 80s with these four classic cereals. 14.

After that, we would go on a great hike right by the park. 2. Upgrade to VIP where you’ll be able to watch the Kentucky Derby.

Other than that, the ingredients were pretty familiar for a crunchy-on-the-top, creamy-on-the-inside baked mac and cheese. WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO AT CINCO DE MARIO? And the fact that he now works at the center of all that magic he looked up to as a boy? Add turkey and cook 7 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally and breaking up meat. Q&A With Mario Lopez. Recently I brought them with me to New Orleans for Wrestle Mania and that was a lot of fun. IF YOU COULD BE ANY ANIMAL… My dog Julio, the French bulldog because he has the best life. There will also be a craft beer cantina, rosé wine garden and, of course, Mario Lopez. Fold sides of tortillas over filling and roll tightly. Kat Graham Headlines Piercing Pagoda’s... […] hombre1.com | Audi-liscious: The 2014 Audi. 5. ½ teaspoon black pepper 7.

I like it all; whether you’re singing, dancing, acting but hosting is the most fun for me whether it’s hosting at my house or TV shows or radio shows. There’s always great weather and Scottsdale is just known for having fun and wonderful people so I’m hoping this becomes an annual tradition. He has also worked at Coggin Honda in Orlando, Florida, but for a short time. ANY NEW PROJECTS ON THE HORIZON WE SHOULD LOOK OUT FOR? 4. That’s the weirdest thing I’ve ever heard in my life. Food, entertainment and more at the first annual Cinco de Mario. Turning on the TV and watching cartoons- that’s like your little grown up moment,” answered Lopez.

12. Best of all the “Extra” host offers one of his favorite recipes. I love the city of Scottsdale and love being able to go to a place that knows how to party. They’re always chaotic with the kids but it’s the best too because everyone’s in a good mood, there’s no drama yet, everyone’s happy and I love getting to see them before I go to work. 15.

Now he loves to make big bowls of cereal at night instead. The IT Factor: Stunning Shoes and Beautiful Boots for Fall, A Fiercely Feminine Icon: Silvia Tcherassi, Make Your Holidays Sparkle with Breathtaking Baubles, Previous Story: Day in the Life of Letitia Frye, Next Story: Racing Legend, Danica Patrick, to Retire After Iconic Indianapolis 500. ANY NEW PROJECTS ON THE HORIZON WE SHOULD LOOK OUT FOR? Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley Lauren may be gearing up to star in the upcoming "Saved by the Bell" reboot, but they still have a blast watching reruns of the original series.. 12 %.

I’ve made a ton of macaroni and cheese in my life, but I knew I had to give his version a try. I watched all the Saved By the Bell episodes (recorded on my best friend’s VCR, of course) after soccer on the weekends. 20. The all-day festival hosted by Experience Scottsdale and The City of Scottsdale includes plenty of food, beverages, entertainment, an authentic mercado, mariachis, a kid’s craft area and more! Mario Lopez with wife Courtney and kids Gia (6) and Dominic (3).

The combination of sharp cheddar and cream cheese gives the sauce a rich flavor and a silky texture, while the tangy tomatoes and smoky bacon balance things out perfectly. I cannot wait to tune in. “I remember going as a kid,” says the actor and television host, 44. “I always loved TV and film, so the tram ride where you learn about where everything was made, and about the studio jobs and all that stuff—I loved that.”. So, when I had the opportunity to interview Mario about his partnership with Undeniably Dairy, I jumped at the chance! I didn’t rinse it with water or drizzle it with oil after straining it because that affects the sauce’s ability to cling to the starches later. 1 tablespoon unsalted butter Cereal, hands down. WHAT IS SOMETHING OR SOMEONE YOU CONSIDER ICONIC? The company brought back four original flavors- Cocoa Puffs, Cookie Crisp, Trix, and Golden Grahams- while adding a twist to each.

General Mills has teamed up with Mario Lopez to host The Ultimate Saturday Morning Drive-in, featuring cartoon classics that you can enjoy. 76% would be more open to someone’s point of view after sharing a meal. 1 teaspoon olive oil, Infiniti QX60 and QX70: A Couple’s Dream! Finally, we would go back to the house, enjoy a delicious barbecue, and follow it all with a bocce ball game while watching the sunset with family and friends.Â.

The interview continued with the most important food debate of all: does Mario Lopez put milk or cereal in the bowl first? You heard it here first; debate settled! “Who puts milk first?! How do you define California style? Cool, laid back, edgy. “I am a big cereal love," said Mario Lopez. His involvement with the Undeniably Dairy campaign is a natural progression. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping. Born on October 10, 1973, in San Diego, California to parents Mario and Elvia Lopez, young Mario was initially the picture of health. According to Lopez, that is the platform he is the most himself in, as he is able to record it with his wife. I might even make Chrissy Teigen’s banana bread for dessert! What is the biggest misperception about Californians? That we are all surfers and just want to hang out at the beach. Â. To serve, place 1 tortilla on each of 4 serving plates. What is your favorite Golden State splurge? I have a very nice barbecue, so I can grill all year long.

And, at the same time working to bring the joy of dairy back to people across the U.S. I found this in Good Housekeeping. I was pretty excited to see cheddar cheese AND cream cheese on the list. FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR… I like coffee ice cream.

¾ pound whole grain elbow macaroni 6. “You feel very independent when you’re a kid doing that. Born on October 10, 1973, in San Diego, California to parents Mario and Elvia Lopez, young Mario was initially the picture of health. Once the macaroni was nice and bubbly, I removed the aluminum foil, topped it with the breadcrumbs and baked it (uncovered) for another 20 minutes.

WHAT IS SOMETHING OR SOMEONE YOU CONSIDER ICONIC? In 12-inch skillet, heat oil on medium until hot. I just do. (Spoiler: It totally worked out.). WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST? A true family man- which is exactly what this event is all about! Upgrade to VIP where you’ll be able to watch the Kentucky Derby.

Next time, I think I might sneak some vegetables into the mix (a cup of chopped spinach or broccoli comes to mind), but it’s definitely a great way to get a protein-packed, calcium-rich meal. This makes it the perfect partnership between Lopez and General Mills as they are traveling back in time to childhood.

When the sauce became thick and bubbly, I turned off the heat and slowly whisked in the cream cheese and cheddar until everything was fully melted. The Cookie Crisps are delivering more of a chocolate chip cookie taste, Trix brought back its six fruity shapes, and Golden Grahams is throwing it back to its retro recipe- honey! Mario Lopez fondly recalls the family trips he took as a child—to see the woods and waterfalls of Yosemite and the redwood trees in Northern California—but one excursion stands out: Universal Studios Hollywood. We’ve done beach towns up and down the coast and have taken road trips to Big Bear. Ms. Mazza has dated Mario Lopez for over four years before they finally got wedded on December 1, 2012 in Punta Mita, Mexico. There will also be a craft beer cantina, rosé wine garden and, of course, Mario Lopez. Key findings from the survey include: 7 out of 10 Americans think it’s important to get to know the farmers who make the food they eat. When asked how Lopez enjoys his Saturday mornings, he said that his kids often get up early to make themselves a bowl of cereal as he used to do as a child. Yes, You *Can* Spend Your Morning With Mario Lopez And Your Favorite Cereal. After years of working in professional kitchens, Lindsay traded her knives in for the pen. WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO AT CINCO DE MARIO? I love tacos de lengua, tongue tacos. 85% of people said they believed sharing meals impacts trust in relationships. Mario Lopez is a man with many talents.

It seemed like such a small amount of flour, but I went with it. I stirred in the cooked macaroni, and then covered the cast iron skillet with aluminum foil. 15. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil on medium until hot. I don’t trust those people,” said Lopez. When I asked him about the one food that got his kids running to the table, he said it’s his Bacon & Cheddar Macaroni Casserole. First things first: I preheated my oven to 375° F and cooked the macaroni according to the package directions.

½ teaspoon kosher salt Then our designated driver would take us to the park, where the kids can play. In our recent interview Mario Lopez credits his daily intake of dairy – going back to his childhood – as a key element to his fitness and good health.

It went into the oven for 20 minutes.

I’ve made a ton of macaroni and cheese in my life, but I knew I had to give his version a try. You can also check out his podcast, onwithmariolopez, to keep up with his latest projects. 60% of people are extremely or very interested in meeting a farmer to discuss farm practices. 2 tablespoons reduced fat cream cheese Mario Lopez: We just like to incorporate a lot of our culture into it. 3.