The gist? Swiftian scholars could argue "Soon You'll Get Better" is written for her mother, just like "I Forgot That You Existed" is a riposte against some unnamed online critic, but decoding the inspirations behind Lover diminishes an album so generous and colorful. 2, May 11)No. First, I would like to mention that here on Amazon we have two versions of this album listed (this one, and a second version which is marked as "colored, import"). Brendon Urie]. Perhaps 2017's Reputation didn't dominate the popular consciousness the way her 2014 pop breakthrough 1989 did, but that was partially by design. Swift smartly balances these pieces of pure pop with songs that tap into a deep reservoir of complex feelings. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 12, 2019. Taylor Swift, 29, released her brand new album, Lover, on August 23 — it came out on Apple Music 15 minutes before the expect midnight release! I downloaded the album and wish I could delete it and get a refund. 7) “Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince” – This one seems to be a political message about Donald Trump, where Taylor sings about the current political state of the U.S. and the way Trump won the 2016 election. V-notes from a nursing home In Texarkana!!!!! While three songs continue their chart runs and one re-enters, 14 debut, pushing her total to 95 career entries. Lover Friday, August 23. When you say someone is canceled, it’s not a TV show. So far, she has released four songs off of it: "ME! 49, "Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince"No. 38, "The Archer" (re-entry; new peak)No. Chegou antes do prazo estimado, a capa em otimo estado. Taylor’s fans LOVE when she gets specific, and she definitely does here! 11) “London Boy” – The title makes it clear enough that “London Boy” is about Joe. Nothing I was dying to listen to twice. She is so talented. Likewise, her 14 Hot 100 debuts mark a new personal high, topping her 10 arrivals concurrent with the chart start of Speak Now. captain who has been at her side since 2014's 1989 -- as her chief collaborator, and while the duo remains besotted by the chillier aspects of late '80s synth pop, not everything here plays like a sleek, sexy update on T'Pau. It's a very pop album, with a lot of mellow songs that would fit in the 1980s. This is also colored (first disk is pink, the second is blue), just not import - as you can see on the forgive-me-but-taken-with-a-phone photo :). Love this album and taylor. There’s a reason Taylor Swift sounds so confident and cool on Lover, her seventh album and the most free-spirited yet. A post shared by Taylor Swift (@taylorswift) on Aug 16, 2019 at 12:21pm PDT. Swift wrote a little in her ELLE essay about how she learned to differentiate between situationships and lifelong friendships. Tonally, these songs couldn’t be more different than 2017’s vengeful and self-conscious Reputation.Most of the album is baked in the atmospheric synths and ’80s drums favored by collaborator Jack Antonoff (“The Archer,” “Lover”). Certainly, "The Archer" basks within the glow of its retro analog synths, dredging up memories of both "Out of the Woods" and "Heart and Soul," yet its iciness isn't the primary color on Lover. 13) “False God” – This appears to be another track about Taylor’s relationship with Joe and how they’ve gotten through some hard times, even when others didn’t believe they would. She sings about wanting the relationship with Tom to work out, but coming to the realization that it wouldn’t….because she had feelings for someone else. After the album came out, Taylor revealed that she was inspired to write the song after watching the Netflix movie, Someone Great, which is about a devastating breakup. She calls out dark-age bigots on the Pride anthem “You Need to Calm Down,” sends up the patriarchy on “The Man,” perfects flippant indifference on “I Forgot That You Existed,” and dares to sing her own praises on “ME!,” a duet with Brendon Urie of Panic! And Lover feels like a return to the fundamental songwriting pillars that I usually build my house on.