Gallo said he still wants to play again this year, and manager Chris Woodward said it’s important to give him that chance. OF Delino DeShields recalled from Nashville. Rangers' injury updates: Chavez, Pence, Gallo Rangers' injury updates: Chavez, Pence, Gallo ... • Outfielder Joey Gallo is swinging the bat, but he is not taking batting practice. If Palumbo is not ready, the Rangers could use the bullpen for the sixth spot, with Jonathan Hernandez leading off. It’s not going to be fully healthy by the end of the year. “I hope it has some hits in it.”, Elvis Andrus shows off his Baby Shark bat pic.twitter.com/wXb8cML1Mr. Player Updates. Sullivan @Sullivan_Ranger October 24, 2019 ARLINGTON -- Joey Gallo was an All-Star in the first half of the season and missing in … “I don’t think it’s going to be a terribly long time. Gallo, 25, had a .253/.389/.598 slash line with 22 home runs in 70 games before he was injured. • Right-hander Luke Farrell joined the Rangers in time to select a nickname for Players' Weekend. “He can’t hurt it, but he’s going to have to play with pain if he wants to play. Assistant general manager Mike Daly will oversee the farm system. Your daily 400+ ft. #JoeyJack! Gallo suffered an oblique strain and has been placed on the 10-day IL, the team announced Sunday. Joey Gallo injury update: Rangers outfielder (oblique) placed on 10-day IL. Lynn is at 170 2/3 innings, and Minor has 167 2/3. Joey Gallo will undergo surgery on the hamate bone in his right hand, according to The Athletic. He had already missed three weeks in June with an oblique injury. Written By Alexis Mansanarez. Chavez signed a two-year, $8 million contract last offseason. “I hear that song all day long, so I am going to use this bat,” Andrus said. Other injury updates• Outfielder Hunter Pence is not going to play this weekend in Chicago because of tightness in his lower back. Rangers' injury updates: Chavez, Pence, Gallo. But he needs to play and finish the season, more for him than for us.”. There is still some soreness in his right hand after he underwent surgery to repair a broken hamate bone. CHICAGO -- Rangers right-hander Jesse Chavez is returning to Texas to be examined by Dr. Keith Meister, and there is a possibility Chavez could need season-ending surgery on his right elbow. • Outfielder Nomar Mazara, who is on the injured list with a strained left oblique muscle, has started throwing and doing some light swinging with the bat. Joey Gallo has been placed on the 10-day IL with a left oblique strain. Sullivan has covered the Rangers since 1989, and for MLB.com since 2006. The Rangers will be without one of their best players heading into August. Texas Rangers third baseman Joey Gallo and pitcher Matt Bush exited Sunday afternoon's game against the Chicago White Sox and entered MLB's … His responsibilities include identifying best industry practices and recruiting the best available talent for baseball operations. Get the latest MLB news on Joey Gallo. https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/omnisport/4b/f2/gallo-joey-07252019-getty-ftrjpg_1jkqa0ztcu28w1eyahvsxbvy3h.jpg?t=712715916&w=500&quality=80, MLB trade rumors: Rangers ‘likely’ to move Mike Minor; Phillies, Brewers interested in starter, Blake Snell injury update: Rays ace to have elbow surgery, out at least 4 weeks, Rangers’ Mike Minor unhappy he might be moved: ‘It’s almost like I signed just so they could trade me’. CHICAGO -- Rangers right-hander Jesse Chavez is returning to Texas to be examined by Dr. Keith Meister, and there is a possibility Chavez could need season-ending surgery on his right elbow. ... Joey Gallo has All-Star hopes in his fifth season with the Rangers. He returned to the plate in the fifth and during that at-bat, he swung and immediately grabbed his left side. Gallo had noticed the tightness the inning before his exit while he was in the outfield attempting a throw. He is 3-5 with a 4.85 ERA and a 1.33 WHIP over 48 games. Rangers beat• Rangers farm director Matt Blood has been reassigned to Director of Baseball Innovation. If the pain is causing his swing to be off, I’m not going to play him. Chavez was placed on the injured list on Aug. 13 with an impingement in his right elbow, and it has not shown enough improvement. • Lynn threw four wild pitches on Friday night, tying a club record for most in one game. The hope is Pence will be ready when the Rangers open a two-game set against the Angels on Tuesday. “If that were to happen, he would not be back this year,” Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said. "It tightened up on him," Woodward said, via The Dallas Morning News. The injury occurred during Texas' 6-2 win against Kansas City. Follow him on Twitter @Sullivan_Ranger and listen to his podcast. Joey Gallo injury update: Rangers slugger to have hand surgery, ... meaning Gallo will be put in the injury list. https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/omnisport/5e/be/gallo-joey-06012019-getty-ftr_ck0neyy13shz1ag2ub5x55jnh.jpg?t=360418707&w=500&quality=80, MLB trade rumors: Phillies deal for Jay Bruce 'is complete', MLB trade rumors: Mariners 'trying to trade everyone'. Explore MLB player news, rumors, updates, social feeds, analysis and more at FOXSports.com. Gallo left Tuesday's game against the Mariners in the eighth inning with the hurt hand.