{ })(); Fox Cigar does not sell cigars or tobacco related products to anyone under the age of 21. At this point, it was time to remove the footer band of the 10th Anniversary Limited Edition cigar and see what smoking phase would have in store.

It’s not quite knock-you-over strong, but there was one sample that left me a bit woozy but more with a sense of palate fatigue than anything. Pepin's blends are generally quite powerful, providing plenty of spice and sensational aromas. In this case, it’s the 10th anniversary of the Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial, which is being commemorated with a limited edition cigar that was released in November 2019.

While My Father hasn’t discussed the cigar much, the company did tell Cigar Aficionado that the cigar uses a tobacco not found in the original blend—pelo d’oro. Be the first to write one! While I was somewhat disappointed with the 2018 My Father Limited Edition release of the Don Pepin Garcia 15th Anniversary and My Father Limited Edition 10th Anniversary, the series bounces back nicely with the Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial 10th Anniversary Limited Edition 2019. Unless explicitly stated, all written content, original photographs (excluding logos), and video are the property of WAC Ligero Group LLC and its associated brand, Cigar Coop You may not copy, use, post or sale them without receiving prior consent from WAC Ligero Group LLC. There’s an interesting mellowing of the flavors at the burn line gets to the end of the first third, though they don’t disappear. Made at the My Father Cigars factory in Nicaragua – Only 2,500 boxes were produced. The blend is different from the regular production Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial by integrating several types of Cuban seed tobaccos, including the Pelo de Oro. For completeness, here is a list of the My Father Limited Editions: Without further ado, let’s break down the Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial 10th Anniversary Limited Edition 2019 and see what this cigar brings to the table. On the retro-hale, there was what could be best described as an exotic spice. This is the size used on most of the My Father Limited Edition releases and the previous three Jaime Garcia Limited Edition cigars. The left side of the band has a gold “MF” insignia and the right has the text “MY FATHER CIGARS” in gold font. Thank you for your patience. The Nicaraguan tobaccos come from the farms owned by the Garcia family. On the right side of the band is the name “My Father Cigars” in blue font. The 10th Anniversary release comes packaged in 16-count boxes with a total production of 2,500 boxes produced.

The 10th Anniversary pays homage to the Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial brand, which was first introduced in 2009.

No purchase necessary. It hasn’t changed much of the flavor intensity or overall strength, both of which sit at medium-plus, though so far I haven’t felt much of a nicotine hit. A straight cut was used to remove the cap of the Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial 10th Anniversary Limited Edition 2019.

The Reserva Especial 10th Anniversary LE is then packaged in beautiful 16 count boxes. If you do not meet the minimum age requirement, please do not enter our site.

The Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial 10th Anniversary Limited Edition 2019 comes in one size – 6 1/2 x 52.

Draw: Very Good (function() { There also was a slight amount of meandering on the burn path. It has the text “ESTELI” and “NICARAGUA” on the left and right respectively – both in gold font. Reviews window.mc4wp.listeners.push(

Body: Medium (Just past midway point), Medium to Full (Remainder)

Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The sample that picked up the harsh chalk note continues with that into the final third, cutting short the smoking time as it didn’t appear relief was forthcoming. By submitting this form you certify that the recipients of this email are 21 years of age or older. Full-bodied, but easy-to-enjoy, this cigar has a distinct smoothness that lasts through the finish.

With the exception of the Don Pepin Garcia 15th Anniversary (which also had a Robusto release), all of the My Father Limited Edition releases have been in the form of a 6 1/2 x 52 Toro. My Father Cigars will soon be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial line with a limited edition that is slated to arrive in stores in early November. There were some deep espresso notes with some dark chocolate mixed in (giving it what I term “mocha”). Reserva Especial 10th Anniversary Limited Edition 2019. on: function(evt, cb) {

Final smoking time was two hours and 20 minutes on average.

While the cigar had just flirted with some chalk in the earthiness, it is now prominent enough to mention, and there are a few puffs where I get a touch of mineral flavors, both of which contribute to an increased drying of my mouth, particularly the tip of my tongue, making for a dual sensation with the tingling from the white pepper. I really appreciate that the year 2019 was included on the foot band, as well as what this cigar is celebrating.

All 16 cigars will have the same blend, using a Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro wrapper, and a binder and filler blend of very strong Nicaraguan leaves including the treasured Pelo de Oro. There was a slight amount of jaggedness on the burn line of the Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial 10th Anniversary Limited Edition 2019, but that was more cosmetic than anything. I strive to capture the essence of a cigar and the people behind them in my work – every cigar you light up is the culmination of the work of countless people and often represents generations of struggle and stories. The start of the final third sees the Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial 10th Anniversary Limited Edition continue to deliver a dry, earthy flavor, with pepper getting brighter at times before finally breaking through a bit farther into this portion. 91-93, Buy Multiples, My Father, Review, Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial 10th Anniversary Limited Edition 2019 by My Father Cigars.

Burn: Very Good Visually it looks well-rolled, and while the seams of the cap are visible, it’s applied well. Like their slogan states, Don Pepin cigars are “the art, tradition and style of Cuba.” All cigars bearing the Pepin and Jaime's name incorporate traditional Cuban characteristics, from the entubado style bunching (folding the filler tobaccos in an accordion fashion) to the triple caps used at the head of each cigar. During the very early stages, the espresso notes took over as the primary note. This site does not participate in pay per click or affiliate advertising programs. Factory: My Father Cigars SA. Binder: Nicaragua It’s the fourth limited edition cigar by My Father Cigars carrying the Jaime Garcia name. The Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial 10th Anniversary Limited Edition shows some fairly amazing flavor, depth and complexity, unfortunately, it is almost completely limited to the first third of the cigar. The start of the Jaime Garcia’s second third shows that the cigar still has a good bit of earth and pepper, and if I happen to over smoke the cigar a bit, it certainly reprimands me for doing so. As for myself, this is a cigar I would smoke again – and pick up multiples to keep in my humidor. This is the size used on most of the My Father Limited Edition releases and the previous three Jaime Garcia Limited Edition cigars. I also work in a number of roles for MLB.com, plus I'm a voice over artist.

One sample also makes the case for a bit of chocolate syrup, giving it more complexity and depth, while another is the lone to offer any appreciable pepper, which gets paired with an earthier base.

Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Perdomo-branded Tumbler with your select Perdomo box purchase! This was an excellent pre-light draw experience. The cold draw is almost completely different, with a dry, almost smoky note at first that picks up a bit of earth, before the intensity of the flavors drops rather suddenly. Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Other than being more open than I prefer, there were no adverse effects it had on the smoking experience. Size: 6 1/2 x 52 Post was not sent - check your email addresses!

There is a deep blue colored field on the center of the band with the text “JG LIMITED EDITION” and a signature of Jaime Garcia in gold font. This Jaime Garcia release comes well-dressed for the celebration, wearing three bands that cover a good bit of the cigar but not enough to completely hide the dark brown wrapper underneath. Smoke production is pretty plentiful in the first inch and its bluish-gray color contrasts with the color of the wrapper while seemingly complementing some colors in the band. The background is pale yellow with blue, rust and gold.

There’s a certain point where hearing about birthdays and anniversaries makes you realize that you’ve been around for a while. The pepper notes had closed in on the espresso, but just fell short of eclipsing it in intensity. The company produced 2,500 boxes of 16 cigars—a total run of 40,000 cigars—at the My Father Cigars S.A. factory in Estelí, Nicaragua. The sweetness that the cigar exhibited in the first third is largely gone, replaced by dry earth and a blunt pepper that doesn’t so much tingle the senses as it does punch and scrape them. The cigar still has occasional struggles with combustion, which is odd given that it doesn’t seem over humidified at all, leading me to wonder if it might just be some heavier tobacco in the filler that needs a bit quicker puffing rate.

Burn of the Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial 10th Anniversary Limited Edition 2019. As the cigar experience of the Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial 10th Anniversary Limited Edition 2019 closed, the cigar finished with a slightly soft and cool nub. The foot band needs to come off first and when it does it shows that the cigar has a network of small veins that fade into the leaf, while a bit of tooth is available upon a closer inspection.

} Technical performance has been good though combustion in the first sample needs a bit more maintenance as I learn its rhythm. That brownie thickness translates into a bit of brownie flavor as well, thick and chocolatey before evolving into a mocha flavor by the addition of a touch of coffee, then quickly moving towards more earth while the last bits of chocolate drip away. This product is currently out of stock and unavailable. The Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial 10th Anniversary Limited Edition 2019 is the latest release from the Garcia family to celebrate their 10 year anniversary!

The cigars for this review were purchased by.