Album and Release Date of “Summertime Sadness” “Summertime Sadness” was released from Lana’s 2012 album Born to Die. })(); (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Wow. In some strange way Lana fantasises that she had been the one who died so that Jimmy might have loved her instead. Lana always felt there was three in the relationship. "Even if you're gone I'm gonna drive" to me means that people tell her all the time that "she has to live life for both of them" and even though she knows that would be the right thing to do, she's determined to kill herself and join them instead. "Late is better than never, even if you're gone I'm gonna drive." Done my hair up real big beauty queen style Summertime Sadness was written about Lana's best friend who committed suicide. I don't get a lesbian vibe but wikipedia doesn't agree with me. Song meanings ©2003-2020 lyricinterpretations.com. And how this interoperates her life anfd then lana wanting to commit suicide. She is being careless with her actions so that if she does die she wouldn't mind because she thinks she will be reunited with her best friend again. Song Meanings and Facts © 2020. Born to Die dropped on 27 January 2012. I wonder though, if Jaime is playing Lizzy Grant, with Lana as herself. Nothing scares me anymore" "Kiss me hard before you go, summertime sadness. I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight" Kaiden confessed her feelings to her best friend, Asher, but he did nothing but completely destroy her. The song is about her friend that commited suicide. I see it as someone close to her died. This album was the second of her career. If you saw the video then the song takes a different twist. I think her friend committed suicide and That's why she did video. They meet in the middle, in between life and death, or the transition. Got my bad baby by my heavenly side Also, they both know what it's like to be depressed/suicidal, hence the falling or the feeling like you are falling and the sense that Jesus is letting you down/silent/just a statue. Summertime sadness is mostly about a suicide that happen and she wrote about it. Here she's revealing that she actually plans to commit suicide by driving into a utility pole. She is giving the impression that she's going out to have fun to live life or whatever. "I think I'll miss you forever". "I got my red dress on tonight Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps. But in the end even though she thought that if she committed suicide she would be with Lana again, they still did not end up together. Actually, the video is relating to her and her best friend (as far as i heard...) one of both women committed suicide, and as you see on the video, Lana Del Rey falls off the cliff with her red dress and no high feels >> "I got my red dress on tonight "I'm feelin' electric tonight