I nearly didn't buy this book until I realised that the 2007 film starring Will Smith was only loosely based on Richard Matheson's novel, which is all together a much darker creation. But after sundown he’d better be home behind the locked doors, because they always come knocking after dark. It was influential in the development of the vampire genre as well as the zombie genre, in popularizing the concept of a worldwide apocalypse due to disease, and in exploring the notion of vampirism as a disease. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Sign up to receive information about new books, author events, and special offers. There was a problem loading your book clubs. View cart for details. who became known as the Hero of the Plains for his daring exploits in the Wild West. Reviewed in the United States on March 14, 2019. By day, he is the hunter, stalking the sleeping undead through the abandoned ruins of civilization. Condition: Fine. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Unable to add item to List. SIX dangerous patients. He was named a Grand Master of Horror by the World Horror Convention, and received the Bram Stoker Award for Lifetime Achievement. ABOUT THE AUTHORRichard Matheson (1926-2013) is the author of many classic novels and short stories. A virus has turned everyone on Earth into a vampire. Together in one volume, the epic stories of two legendary gunfighters!Journal of the Gun YearsWinner Richard Matheson wrote a new introduction for the book. So naturally, this was a good choice. By night, he barricades himself in his home and prays for dawn. dead before he was forty.Now Richard Matheson, Spur Award-winning author of Journal of the Gun Years, delves into the life and times of James Butler ... Vampires have always lived in Eastern Europe. The Dead Song Legend series. Published in 1954 by Gold Medal as a paperback original, I Am Legend was the first science-fiction novel from the publisher predominantly known for hard-boiled fiction. On top of that, those comics were often accompanied by artwork outside my tastes. The buyer receives the deluxe lettered limited edition, one of … New York Times Bestselling Author of I Am LegendWhen a mysterious imposter steals his identity ... New York Times Bestselling Author of I Am LegendWhen a mysterious imposter steals his identity Grab this today. They could not be more correct. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Originally published in 1954, Richard Matheson’s I Am Legend ushered in a different kind of novel, defying and transcending genre to combine elements of horror and science fiction within a post-apocalyptic frame.I Am Legend is the story of Robert Neville, who appears to be the sole survivor of a pandemic that has turned the human race into a crossbreed of zombies and vampires. I Am Legend is the story of Robert Neville, who appears to be the sole survivor of a pandemic that has turned the human race into a crossbreed of zombies and vampires. The book is almost a word for word retelling of the original, but with lush and beautiful pictures accompanying them in comic book format. Richard Matheson's I Am Legend Hardcover – December 9, 2003 By day, the vampires go into a coma-like sleep and Neville uses this time to fight back the only way he can – by killing as many of them as he can find. Previous page of related Sponsored Products. By night, he barricades himself in his home and prays for dawn.... Richard Matheson (1926-2013) was The New York Times bestselling author of I Am Legend, Hell House, Somewhere in Time, The Incredible Shrinking Man, Now You See It…, and What Dreams May Come, among others. Things Unknown: A Collection of Horror Stories (The Shattered God Mythos), The Dead Song Legend Dodecology Book I: January, The Twisted Tale of Saffron Schmidt: A dark fantasy novel, Things Undone: A Collection of Horror Stories (The Shattered God Mythos), Chuck Dixon’s Paranormal Double Pack: Gomers and Blooded, De Bello Lemures, Or The Roman War Against the Zombies of Armorica. A special pocket-sized hardcover edition of the New York Times bestselling classic tale of the last man on Earth, I Am Legend by Richard Matheson--one of genre literature's most honored storytellers . Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Richard Matheson (1926-2013) was The New York Times bestselling author of I Am Legend, Hell House, Somewhere in Time, The Incredible Shrinking Man, Now You See It…, and What Dreams May Come, among others. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. He wrote in a variety of genres including terror, fantasy, horror, paranormal, suspense, science fiction and western. What will he do? Submit your email address to receive Barnes & Noble offers & updates. Product Info: PREORDER (ETA: Summer 2020), published by Suntup Editions, offered on this page in Artist Gift Edition, Collections: … In addition to his novels Matheson wrote several screenplays for movies and TV, including several Twilight Zone episodes. . NUMBERED EDITIONThe Numbered edition of 250 copies is an elegant quarter vellum binding with Hahnemühle Bugra paper boards and foil stamping on the cover and spine. It does not leave anything out. Reviewed in the United States on March 30, 2004. Books like I Am Legend were an inspiration to me.” ―Stephen King, “One of the Ten All-Time Best Novels of Vampirism.” ―Fangoria. It is a full cloth smyth-sewn binding with two-hits foil stamping, and printed endsheets. Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date. NOTIFY ME WHEN THIS PRODUCT IS AVAILABLE (join DRP newsletter): Limit 1 Per Customer/Household Per Edition Type. Reviewed in the United States on March 2, 2006. Reviewed in the United States on October 20, 2004. Will it be enough? The novel and Richard Matheson are often credited for creating the zombie-vampire genre. An EMP attack plunges the nation into darkness. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Robert Neville is the last uninfected man still alive. Books like I Am Legend were an inspiration to me.” —Stephen King, “Matheson is one of the great names in American terror fiction.” —The Philadelphia Inquirer, “Matheson inspires, it's as simple as that.” —Brian Lumley, ©1997-2020 Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Inc. 122 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10011. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. The pandemic began with a quarantine. I mean, there is very little to connect the book to the movie starring Will Smith. When the world ends, who will survive? A Classic Horror Tale That Stands Above Its Movie Adaptations, Reviewed in the United States on August 4, 2016. is a classic horror story. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. Please try again. ONE unethical therapist. Get 3 for the price of 2. How long can one man survive in a world of vampires? Learn how to enable JavaScript on your browser. If I'd read the book before I'd seen the film I would have been so peed-off at the hack job the movie was. Grow Your Child's Library with Top Young Reader Series, 50% Off All Funko Wetmore Forest POP!, Plush, and More, Knock Knock Gifts, Books & Office Supplies, Buy One, Get One 50% Off Holiday Boxed Cards, Learn how to enable JavaScript on your browser, Bitterroot and Sundance: Two Barnaby Skye Novels, He Is Legend: An Anthology Celebrating Richard Matheson, Legends of the Gun Years: Two Gripping Volumes. Many of Matheson’s novels and stories have been made into movies including I Am Legend, Somewhere in Time, The Shrinking Man and What Dreams May Come. Auto Suggestions are available once you type at least 3 letters. A special pocket-sized hardcover edition of the New York Times bestselling classic tale of the last man on Earth, I Am Legend by Richard Matheson--one of genre literature's most honored storytellers .. Robert Neville is the last living man on Earth...but he is not alone. I remember enjoying the movie The Omega Man with Charlton Heston when I was young. How long can one man survive in a world of vampires? But with the fall of the Soviet Union, ... Vampires have always lived in Eastern Europe.