The second pause before the chorus where Blaine collects himself is so real. Rachel choosing to return to NYADA to complete her education and turning down her offered role. Alleyways and payphone calls

When I was in high school, I had a CD (the one with all the Warbler’s songs) and I played this one so much the CD started to skip.

New Directions win at the 2014 Sectionals and 2015 Regionals and Nationals. New Directions:

And in the streets we run afree The puppets make no sense. They go to a kind of show tunes karaoke bar and Blaine sings his heart out. Puck and Quinn: Jane with Roderick: The relationship between Santana and Britney was always a fan favorite, for good reason. New Directions: He’s still singing to Kurt. There are around 50 chairs in concentric circles surrounding two cellos.

Singles:  "I'll Never Fall In Love Again" (Rachel and Sam), "Baby It's You" (Mercedes with Brittany, Rachel and Santana), "Wishin' And Hoping" (Artie, Blaine, Brittany and Sam), "Arthur's Theme" (Alumni Men and New Directions Boys), "They Long to Be Close to You" (Sam), "Promises, Promises" (Rachel), "Alfie" (Santana with Alumni and New Directions), "What the World Needs Now" (Alumni, New Directions and Will). I ultimately decided that this is, musically, the better song. You also don’t get to mock Nicki Minaj with Sue’s terrible performance, then do a song by her about how she’s treated unfairly. His Spanish in this song is terrible, and any song that is JUST Will making students uncomfortable is pretty sad. Ho! I watched through the whole series and ranked each song on six attributes as they came up.

I guarantee you Santana was not the first person to point out the issue of playing La Cucaracha in a high school classroom in full mariachi gear, particularly when your teacher doesn’t know Spanish. He was always so much better at tone than musicality; it shows here. Santana is such a star. Plot: The episode acts as a flashback to the show's Pilot, exploring how the original members of New Directions - Artie, Kurt, Mercedes, Rachel, and Tina - came to join the club. Hey! Are the voices generally pleasant to listen to? This is mostly just Rachel being Barbara Streisand, but that is very very hard to beat. Tina with Puck and Alumni: After the Warblers physically assault and nearly blind Blaine, the New Directions have them over for a nice kumbaya moment where they all sing Michael Jackson. Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros is featured in Homecoming, the second episode of Season Six. Never could be sweeter than with you Blaine decides he loves Kurt more than anything and refuses to perform without him, and they get ready to do a duet. Plot: As Brittany and Santana plan their wedding, Artie is recruited to be the wedding planner.

Chocolate candy, my, oh, my

Home is when I'm alone with you The episodes ran consecutively without any winter/spring breaks in between. Does the song “meet the moment” of an episode? This whole thing is very awkward. Is it an innovative cover, or just a copy of an already popular song?

They manage to be theatrical while being rooted in great performance. He took care of his family after his dad lost his job and still came back for a show choir! Blaine can’t rap. To that end, she tells Rachel she’s arranged an audition for her for a new, upcoming Broadway musical, and tries to inspire a resistant and gun-shy Rachel to take another shot at her dreams of stardom.

Everyone is just barely keeping it together. As a result, Burt ordered Kurt to join a school team for his own good. La, la, la, la Everyone seems to be ending up exactly as expected and right where they belong… along with more than a few unexpected surprises.

They treat him like a golden retriever, despite the fact that he works hard and always saves the glee club. Mercedes getting Rachel an audition for an upcoming, original Broadway show and pushing her to pursue her dreams of being a Broadway star. That Warbler assaulted Blaine. But Cory Monteith nails it.

I’m a sap. Alabama, Arkansas In light of the tragic news, Will, Kurt and Blaine decide to merge the now homeless Warblers with the undermanned New Directions and form a new show choir supergroup… one that may take some getting used to for all the students. It’s hard to listen to this without wanting to join in during the last few “happy days are here again”.

This had potential to be a really cool moment, and instead Blaine and Kurt destroy a perfectly good song.

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow/Head Over Feet, https://glee.fandom.com/wiki/Season_Six?oldid=3975920, Mason Trueblood as Super Gay Warbler (7/13), Austin Brue as Other Really Gay Warbler (4/13).

It’s the perfect diva song. Plot: Rachel's TV show is canceled after a single episode, so she returns to Lima only to find out that her fathers are getting a divorce.

3:28.

Home is when I’m alone with you, Alumni: Home is when I’m alone with you, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Home Official Video, GLEE Full Performance of "Home" from "Homecoming". Fresh off their unexpected win at Sue’s Show Choir Invitational, Rachel and Kurt give the gleeks their weekly assignment: the music of Burt Bacharach, and recruit reigning diva Mercedes to act as a mentor for the new singers. This is so much better than hiring a bunch of 27 year-olds to do backflips and pretend to be high-schoolers. The song is kind of in Kurt’s range, but not comfortably.

Ho!

He proved that the Warblers were taking steroids (it’s a long story) in order to get them disqualified and give the New Directions an unearned spot at regionals.

Le Jazz Hot . This is one of the most baffling song selections in Glee history. Season Six of Glee aired between January 9, 2015 and March 20, 2015 with double premiere and finale episodes.

This is maybe the preachiest Glee has gone, and Will still can’t rap. Rachel falls for Jesse St. James (A+ character name) while belting a duet. Rachel wins a Tony for the first time, while Jesse won a Tony sometime before Rachel. Plot: While Will is euphoric over his new job coaching Vocal Adrenaline and all the perks that come with it, he still confesses to missing the camaraderie of New Directions. Jonathon Groff can sing angrily at me while wearing a tiny scarf any day. After Will gave the first female solo to Rachel, Mercedes' confidence was shattered until she was consoled by her mother. New Directions: I’ve given examples of songs for each category that I consider the best and worst of each category. The eye candy can’t save this.

I never expected to like this at all.

I do love my Ma and Pa Blaine faces a problem when a girl named Jane, newly admitted to Dalton Academy, wants to join the all-male Warblers. The courage to commit to this moment of incredibly honest pain in an acoustic cover of Katy Perry perfectly reflects how Glee could create an absurd world with very real emotions in it. Madison and Mason: You realize halfway through what the song is about and it’s a gut punch.

It goes on for too long.

Rachel being both chosen for the lead in the new Broadway show and accepted back into NYADA, and her subsequent decision between the two. Hoping to please his father, Kurt then befriended Rachel and Mercedes; the former suggested that he audition for Will Schuester's new glee club, while the latter helped him choose his audition song.

The idea that this is… sexy? Oh, home, let me come home

Mike Chang is eminently likeable. Alumni: While almost everyone else is on board with the recent developments, Sue is not.

Alumni: Home is wherever I'm with you (Artie with Jane, Madison, Alumni and New Directions), "I'm So Excited" (Brittany, Maribel, Mercedes, Santana, and Whitney with Pam, Sugar, and Carole), "Our Day Will Come" (Blaine, Brittany, Kurt, and Santana).

This also set the stage for Finn to sing “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” to Santana, which is another top 20. Rachel: Puck and Santana:

It’s short but perfect. Hey! The original song is at least a little silly and unique. Kurt realizing his mistake of ending things with Blaine and trying to win him back. One of the better mash up ideas that Glee executed. Glee - Suddenly Seymour by LoveTheSoundOfMusic. Why? Later, on October 17, 2013, a week after The Quarterback aired, series creator Ryan Murphy confirmed that the sixth season would be the show's final one. After signing up herself, Mercedes was targeted by Rachel as a potential rival for the position of lead female vocalist, and the two immediately butted heads. Bridge Over Troubled Water works great as gospel, but this is a version I hadn’t heard before. I know this is cheesier than some people may like, and I invite those people to make their own ranking of 705 Glee songs. However, Tina's only Season Five solo was an unreleased song, Blaine didn't have a solo since his introduction in.

New Directions: Does it tell us something new about a character? Plot: McKinley alums return for Homecoming, including Artie, Becky, Brittany, Mercedes, Puck, Quinn, Santana and Tina.

Ho! She takes what is normally a saccharine pop ballad and imbues it with a sense of purpose. Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros is featured in Homecoming, the second episode of Season Six. This is a weird one. It is unreasonably sincere for a song in a show where a teacher just planted drugs in a students’ locker, but that’s what makes Glee great.

Home is wherever I'm with you

Song needs to last around 15 seconds to be considered, though there are exceptions. Blaine is emulating Mariah Carey and does a perfectly capable performance of “I Still Believe”.

The most powerful moment is if you realize they aren’t talking to you at all. The pause after the first 4 lines is BEAUTIFUL. Darren Criss alone at a piano was always one of the show’s best weapons, and he doesn’t disappoint. This was a bright moment, and it packs an emotional punch.

Does it showcase the vocalist’s best skills? What is this room set up for? The entire episode, you know Rachel is going to sing eventually, but you’re not ready for it. Idina Mendzel was always such a great fit as Rachel’s mom, despite their very strange “Poker Face” cover.

In the entire series of Glee, there are maybe 15 total minutes of realism. Rachel Berry’s New York saga was a low point for Glee, but we at least got some great performances. Do they hit all the notes (which seems basic but comes up more than you may think)? The musical battle is ridiculous. if a moment has been hyped up for a season like regionals is, the songs for it better be good) A song may score very low on this metric if the song selection is bad, the song doesn’t meet the moment, or it doesn’t seem to matter or make sense to put a song there. The duets episode is great, but Mercedes and Santana were robbed. You can’t really consider the Quarterback outside the context of Monteith’s death.

I feel like I’m driving in a car where the radio is broken and the station keeps switching.

Sue managing to convince Alma go to the wedding, leading to her eventual acceptance of Santana. Sue becoming the new coach of Vocal Adrenaline.

Believing him to be suicidal, guidance counselor Emma Pillsbury contacted Burt to warn him of his son's apparent depression.

Singles: "Uninvited" (Rachel), "Suddenly Seymour" (Blaine and Rachel), "Sing" (Blaine and Skylar with the Warblers), "Dance the Night Away" (Vocal Adrenaline), "Let It Go" (Rachel).

Santana gives a masterclass performance in the Quarterback. Rachel is eight months pregnant as a surrogate for Kurt and Blaine. Hey, home, let me come home