+ DVD-V, Multichannel, PAL), (SACD, Hybrid, Multichannel, Album + DVD-V, Album, ), (SACD, Hybrid, Multichannel, Album + DVD-V, Multich), EMI Music Publishing (Film Soundtrack Division), Playing The Angel, 2xLP, Album, RE, 180, 1-48791, Playing The Angel, CD, Album, cdstumm260, 0094634057707, Playing The Angel, 2xLP, Album, RE, 180, MOVLP950, stumm260, Playing The Angel, 2xLP, Album, RE, 88985336991, Playing The Angel, CD, Album, Copy Prot., int.cdstumm260, 0094634057523, Playing The Angel, SACD, Hybrid, Multichannel, Album + DVD-V, Album, , lcdstumm260, 0094634243025.

Very thin, flat and compressed. My Second Fave Group Are Depeche Mode, All Be It I Did Not Have A Great Collection Of Them Back In The 80's (most of my money went on New Order lol) I Did Have The Singles & 101 Albums, Whenever I Hear Their Early Hits They Really Transport Me Back To My Youth Club Friday Nights, Having All Their Albums On The Re-Mastered CD Series, I Have Selected With My Favourite To Begin Again On Vinyl & Its Not An 80's Release, Its A Later 2005 Release "Playing The Angel" I Just Think Its A Great Album From Start To End, They Are Dragging Themselves Out From The Deep Darkness Of "Exciter" (which is my least fave DM album)Into The Shallower Depths, As For The Product, This Is Quality All Round The Double Vinyl Is 180gram, Robust Gatefold Cover & Card Inners With Lyrics, The Sound Is Pristine. Aggressive start of an album, clear statement, no compromises. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Errr.....maybe from time to time the best together with Exciter and Sounds of the universe. Finally got a decent vinyl. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. The only drawback to the album is that it's remeniscent of older Depeche Mode work. BPM values are plotted from 1 to 184 BPM. cheers! I had all their albums, from "Speak and Spell" to "Songs of Faith and Devotion". Genre: Electronic. The DVD with the 5.1 and PC Stereo Mix really makes the difference and gives you an idea how it could or should have sounded. I’ve had a digital copy of this album for years. It was reported that Playing The Angel was a more organic album on which the band used more analogue synths, so I was hopeful. It was released in the United Kingdom on 13 October 2005 by Mute Records and was supported by the Touring The Angel tour.

Playing The Angel.

Loved the album, loved the tour. A Pain That I'm Used To; John The Revelator; Suffer Well; The Sinner In Me; Precious; Macro; I Want It All; Nothing's Impossible; Introspectre; Damaged People; Lilian; The Darkest Star; For a full list of songs, singles, and B-sides produced for this album, see the list of Playing The Angel songs. Sold by megahitrecords canada and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. 25 customer reviews. They invoke all kinds of perceptions and emotions that make their craft truly exceptional. Please try again later. In cases where a song features a change in tempo, the tempo at which the majority of the song, Unless noted otherwise, BPMs are estimated values determined by Spotify's, https://dmlive.wiki/index.php?title=Playing_The_Angel&oldid=40084, Depeche Mode albums released between 2000-2009, Contributing recordings, tickets, set lists, 2015 Angels & Ghosts Tour (Dave Gahan & Soulsavers), Depeche Mode Information Service newsletters, For information on this album's singles, see, This article is about the album. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. After a reasonably fallow (by their high standards) period between 1997 and 2004, Depeche Mode have produced their most affecting and accomplished album in a decade.

their singles from that album are good but the other songs are okay or boring. There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Their new sound was much more gritty and harsh—I liked it, I liked it a lot! Dynamics flow effortlessly from front to back. Depeche Mode - Playing The Angel Album. Terrible sounding pressing. Enjoy years of spinning one of their best releases. Depeche Mode – Playing The Angel .

I was really disappointed with "Ultra" and "Exciter". Dirty sounds, fantastic "hit" songs (Precious, Suffer Well) and a fantastic deep songs all the other ones. thinking of buying this one because the CD sounds very compressed does anyone know if the sound is much better on this new vinyl? Home 〉 Albums 〉 Playing The Angel. Love DM. Songs Of Faith And Devotion (180G) (Vinyl), Some Great Reward | The 12" Singles (6LP). It is solid. Enjoy. Singles. A1.

John the revelator 03:42 A3. Well Depeche Mode surprisingly put out a new album. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 4, 2019, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 21, 2013, Best DM album. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 3, 2018. 2005. This page was last edited on 22 June 2020, at 11:30. I've stumbled across it recently when digging through my old hard drives, and decided to plug it into iZotope for laughs. Prime members enjoy Free Two-Day Shipping, Free Same-Day or One-Day Delivery to select areas, Prime Video, Prime Music, Prime Reading, and more. But David (Gahan) has had the time since then to rethink his life and clear his head (get 'clean'); PTA seemed quite promising. Face B. A1. But thank goodness that it's not another "Exciter". Listening to this new Depeche takes me back to Music for the Masses because (though I cherish some of the albums after MFTM) Playing the Angel feels like it could've been the next album, before Depeche went off in new directions. After years of waiting I finally acquired this album in vynl.

Incredibly disappointing. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 29, 2011.

Macro 04:02 Artist: Depeche Mode. I was greeted right from the start with a track, “A Pain That I’m Used To”, that was exciting and musically interesting. Top Reviews.

Something weird about this album on SACD for me... Back in 2005, when kids were sharing music over bluetooth, I had received a file called Precious.mp3.

Depeche Mode – A Pain That I'm Used To. The sinner in me 04:55 A2. (13xFile, AAC, Album, Copy Prot., Bon + File, MPEG-), (CD, Album + Box, Ltd, P/Unofficial, Promo), (CD, Album + DVD-V, Comp, Multichannel, PAL + Dlx, ), (CD, Album + DVD-V, Multichannel, NTSC + Dlx, Ltd, ), 0094634057523, int.cdstumm260, 00946 340575 23, int.cdstumm260, 0094634057523, cdstumm260, 0094634, 0094634057523, int.cdstumm260, 0094634057707, cdst, (CD, Album, Copy Prot. From DM Live - the Depeche Mode live encyclopedia for the masses. In order to navigate out of this carousel, please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. To view a list of its songs and B-sides, see. Unable to add item to Wish List. Year Of Release: 2005 Genre: Synth-pop Format: ISO image Bitrate: lossless Audio Channels: 2.0 & 5.1 Total Size: 3.5 GB 01 A Pain That I'm Used To 02 John The Revelator 03 Suffer Well 04 The Sinner In Me 05 Precious 06 Macro 07 I Want It All 08 Nothing's Impossible 09 Introspectre 10 Damaged People 11 Lilian 12 The Darkest Star But post Songs of.... era is better to me with DM peaking on Playing the angel. To discuss Depeche Mode with other fans, please consider using the DM Live forums or Discord for the Masses. To coordinate site work, we recommend the DM Live Editor Discord group. I guess the whole David Gahan solo project fell apart but go with whatcha know right? Well the dark and brooding electronic sound of Depeche Mode has only gotten better although the sound has become a staple for Depeche Mode. Suffer well** 03:50. For a full list of songs, singles, and B-sides produced for this album, see the list of Playing The Angel songs.

Excellent print A vinyl LP comes in different prints.

Album: Playing The Angel. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in.

John P. Grant. Any experiences about the sound quality of this reissue ? Ships from and sold by BestSellerRecordShop. Overall performance is deep, rich, gritty, moody analog-esque.

2005. Please try again. Depeche Mode = デペッシュ・モード* - Playing The Angel = プレイング・ジ・エンジェル ‎ (CD, Album, Enh, Promo) Mute , Virgin , Mute TOCP-66471, 0094634057707

It follows well after listening to Ultra in the same format(s) and is more interesting in soundscape terms. depeche mode playing the angel john the revelator faith and devotion suffer well damaged people pain used songs of faith alan wilder black celebration nothing impossible great songs fan since album is depeche listen pta violator albums sounds exciter. I like the pre Ultra era too, and a lot. I do wonder whether it is a good production in search of a song to play with, but as a whole it flows past enjoyably without any standouts or troughs (the opening blast aside which is a misjudgement in my view).

In 5.1 a pure sound excitement, I love "bathing" in this album :-). "Playing the Angel" is a good album with really great songs like Lilian, Damaged People, The Darkest Star, Precious and the Sinner in Me all make for excellent additions to a strong album. What else to say? Looks like I better invest in an overseas version . Songs are so-so - nice enough, but doesnt matter due to the fact that the album is sonically ruined and effectively unlistenable (see other comments related to horrible mastering/loudness war).

It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. Martin Gore, is still background on most stuff, but he's still just as brilliant a musician as ever, and Dave Gahan's voice is still beautiful with it's emotional, dark, and tormented.

1 A Pain That I'm Used To; 2 John The Revelator; 3 Suffer Well; 4 The Sinner In Me; 5 Precious; 6 Macro; 7 I Want It All; 8 Nothing's Impossible; 9 Introspectre; 10 Damaged People; 11 Lilian; 12 The Darkest Star; Geplaatst door Edwin 1 februari 2017 Categorie: Albums Getagged: Depeche Mode. Highs are never too sharp and bass is pretty solid. I was a huge fan of DM ten years ago.

Fast, FREE delivery, video streaming, music, and much more.

LP Record, Remixes included, Feb. 10 2017. Depeche Mode still does for me today what they did back in the 90's. The old school kids of brooding electronica are back and just as strong as ever. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 12, 2013. A Pain that i'm used to 04:11 A2. Playing The Angel is the eleventh studio album by Depeche Mode. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages that interest you. Beautiful album really.

© 2008-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

With their late Eighties/early Nineties industrial synth sound cranked up to eleven, and Dave Gahan's voice oozing invigorated passion after his solo album side-project, Playing the Angel retains all the best elements of la Mode whilst simultaneously broadening their canvas to encompass more depth and greater vibrancy. If you can manage to transfer it to MP3 or Flac, you'll hear it within the first 20 seconds. The SACD/DVD package is a good buy; I'm not a DM fan as such but in surround this is a good listen (SACD the best, DTS "perky" and Dolby more restrained - which begs the question as to what it "should" sound like). We work hard to protect your security and privacy.