in July 2011, Lovato said people can expect to hear her sing "about some issues that she's never even spoken about before" and also revealed: "There are some [topics] on there that are very deep and it's really out there. The concert was nominated for a Billboard Touring award and won a Capricho Award for Best Concert. It was released on September 20, 2011, by Hollywood Records. "[41] "Skyscraper" was described the most emotional song in the album,[33][42][29] According to Lovato, the song's lyrics symbolize her personal journey from where she used to be to "the happy healthy person [she is] today. And said she was "really intrigued by the fact that the girl had just been broken up with and it was the other person’s fault and it was the other person’s greatest mistake. [42] Monica Herrera of Rolling Stone also gave the album a mixed review, scoring it 2 out of 5 stars, saying: "She's grown into her voice. With my new album, I'm hoping to provide inspiration for girls everywhere who are going through the same issues I've faced. "[67] Lovato also appeared on Z100's annual Jingle Ball with various artists.[68]. The beat structure has also been compared to Britney Spears’ 2011 single, "Hold It Against Me". "Give Your Heart a Break" was released as the second and final single from Unbroken in January 2012, which peaked at number sixteen in the United States and has since been certified triple platinum by the RIAA. [17] John Hanes was attributed with engineering for the songs. She performed a pair of shows New York's Manhattan Center Hammerstein Ballroom on September 17 and 18, and at Club Nokia in Los Angeles on September 23. The song was officially certified platinum in the United States in April 2012. For the rest of it, there are a lot of songs that are dancier and a lot more R&B vocals," one of she confirmed as a duet with an R&B singer. It was also certified triple platinum in the United States. [10] In July, Lovato described the album as "more mature" than their previous sound and more fun and light than her first single, "Skyscraper", while other tracks are more intense. She's one of the best singers I've ever worked with. The album was released on September 20, 2011, by Hollywood Records. Elsewhere, the song peaked at number 18 in Canada, number 9 in New Zealand, number 45 in Australia and at number 7 in the United Kingdom. [9] In April 2011, Lovato announced that she would not return to Sonny with a Chance, stating that she was choosing to focus on music and would return to acting when she felt confident doing so. [61][62] Her journey through going on tour for the first time since she withdrew from her last tour to seek treatment was chronicled on the MTV television documentary special Demi Lovato: Stay Strong, which aired in March 2012 and showed exclusive behind-the-scenes footage from the tour and dealt with Lovato's treatment and recovery (she admitted years later to being dishonest about her recovery in the film, revealing she was in fact under the influence of cocaine while being interviewed about her sobriety). Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? All rights reserved, Unbroken Tour by Demi Lovato. Comment Report abuse. or Best Offer. It spent a total of five weeks on the chart all in the top 40. [22], The fifth track "Lightweight" is a doo-wop-inspired ballad[28] with a minimal orchestral arrangement. Her new album, Unbroken, hit stores and was flying off the shelves in no time. Pre-Owned. ", "Demi Lovato to Play New York City + Los Angeles Next Month", "mi Lovato Going on Tour, Announces Dates", "Demi Lovato no Brasil: Cantora faz 3 shows no país em abril; ingressos chegam a R$450", "Demi Lovato continues worldwide "Unbroken" push", "Demi Lovato Summer Tour Dates Announced! Pre-Owned. It also peaked at number one on the digital albums chart. There's even like a little rap feature on it." Verified Purchase. Launched in November 2011, the first leg consisted of 19 shows made up of both headlining concerts and winter festivals. ", "Yellowcard divulga cartaz de show no Brasil com The Wanted e Demi Lovato", "Demi Lovato will Perform at Kiss 98.5's KISSMAS BASH 2K11 on December 6", "Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Rock Jingle Ball", "Lady Gaga, Demi Lovato, More Light Up Z100 Jingle Ball", "Cobra Starship's Ryland Blackinton talks Calvin Harris, Parliament Funkadelic and the best pop songs of 2011", "Demi Lovato confirmada para El Festival Verano Iquique 2012", "Demi Lovato Performing at BorderFest in Texas March 4, 2012", "The Band Perry's triumphant Rodeo Austin return and Glen Campbell's farewell: 2012 rodeo performers announced", "Demi Lovato, Cody Simpson to headline 2012 San Diego County Fair concerts", "107.9 THE END PRESENTS ENDFEST 2012 – July 20", "Lollapalooza letdown, Demi Lovato performing at Ravinia, Bill Murray dines at Tocco", "Demi Lovato, Charlie Daniels coming to state fair", "Train leads the way into the Champlain Valley Fair", "State Fair Grandstand review: At 20, Demi Lovato impresses when she cuts loose", "Evergreen State Fair Presents: Demi Lovato", "Oregon State Fair concert lineup includes Joe Walsh, Colbie Caillat, Demi Lovato", "Z Festival 2012: Demi Lovato, The Wanted, Big Time Rush e outras cinco atrações confirmadas", "Universal Studios: Matchbox Twenty set for Mardi Gras 2013", "RodeoHouston review: Austin Mahone and Demi Lovato", "Twin Towers @Live 2013 with Backstreet Boys, Demi Lovato, IU and U-KISS", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=A_Special_Night_with_Demi_Lovato&oldid=982047301, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Medley: "Get Back" / "Catch Me" / "Don't Forget", Medley: "Here We Go Again" / "La La Land", Medley: "Here We Go Again" / "La La Land" / "Don't Forget", This page was last edited on 5 October 2020, at 21:46. "[30] A great part of the album is set in a 44 time signature, however, "Lightweight" and "Fix a Heart" are composed in compound time. On the Australian Albums Chart, it debuted at number 20, her highest debut and peaking album there. Demi made this a memorable and pleasurable day not only for me, but for the hundreds of fans who waited in line for hours to get a glimpse of this teen sensation as well. Discussing the album's recording in interview with Seventeen magazine, Lovato stated: "I love being back in the studio! Initially, Lovato recorded "Skyscraper" in Studio City, Los Angeles in 2010. [31][32] The album opens with R&B tracks, each song features appearance from an artist. [18] In August 2011, Lovato announced a trio of shows to promote the album, marking her first return to the concert stage since entering treatment the previous year. The song received critical acclaim by music critics, praising the production of the song as well as Lovato's vocals. DEMI LOVATO UNBROKEN TOUR 2011 NAVY BLUE T-SHIRT 28” LONG 100% COTTON SMALL Top Rated Seller. While some of the album's lyrical content was heavily influenced by Lovato's personal struggles, it also deals with lighter subjects, such as love, self empowerment, and having fun. Record producer Timbaland wanted to record with Lovato after he heard her voice; he felt impressed and curious to work with the singer and began to write songs in an acoustic guitar. [20] The R&B singer Missy Elliott was introduced in the production after listened the sessions for "All Night Long", Elliott asked if she could rap on the song. Lovato promoted the album with several radio and television guest appearances, her second headlining tour A Special Night with Demi Lovato, and the MTV television documentary Demi Lovato: Stay Strong. Buy. John Fowler. Was I just experimenting with sounds? $19.98. $60.00. [7] About working with Lovato, Tedder commented: "Demi blew me out of the water vocally! On the Spanish Albums Chart, the album debuted at number 24, her second highest peak there, and in her second week fell to number 42, while on the Argentinian Albums Chart granted Lovato another top 10 debut as scored the number 8 spot only to fall off and reappear two weeks later. Unbroken is the third studio album by American singer Demi Lovato. Demi Lovato- one of the only teenage singers who is actually great live. "[35] Entertainment Weekly listed Unbroken as the seventh best album of 2011.[50]. Demi Lovato- the nineteen-year-old singing phenomenon whose fan base is soaring. "[21] The singer Jason Derulo was invited to record "Together" while he was in Miami, Florida. [23] During recording sessions, Lovato was "doubled over, just in pain. [63][64][65][66], With the tour announcement, Lovato expressed excitement to launch the project and commented about the difference between tour and her promotional shows: "We're gonna do the same show, but a little bit different... better and bigger, and my fans just have to come check it out." Here's Why", "Demi Lovato Sets 'Give Your Heart A Break' Video Release", "Demi Lovato To Drop 'Skyscraper' Next Tuesday", "Demi Lovato Finds Strength On 'Skyscraper, "Listen Up: Demi Lovato, The Jayhawks, more", "Unbroken Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More", "Demi Lovato Q&A: On 'Demi,' Her 'X Factor' Return and Being Sick of Party Songs", "This week's mailbag looks at the top chart hits by ths week's Billboard cover act, Pharrell's rapid-fire rise to No. And so it just depends on the song. I know this is aside the article meaning, but Lighthearted will really make you think. Helpful. Demi Lovato- the nineteen-year-old singing phenomenon whose fan base is soaring.