(2013). But "Chinese Puzzle" uses Xavier’s "complicated" (that word comes up an awful lot throughout) situation as a pretext to establish his bonafides as a funky soulful French dude, a guy who doesn’t even need a steel frame or box spring when he sets up his bedding in his modest new Chinatown flat. Although now a father of two children, he still has the travel bug and this time it leads him to the heart of Chinatown in New York. I hope Klapisch will continue Xavier's story in a few more years. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. Together, they speak the international language of love and friendship. Add the first question. Any way. I think that's rather a shame, we could have at least got a few lines of dialogue about how William (Kevin Bishop), whose marriage to a Russian woman was the whole setup for the second film, is getting on.I enjoyed revisiting some of these characters again after nearly a decade, and Duris's acting is admirable: his Xavier remains the manchild we know and love, but he captures the impact of the years. Xavier is now forty years old. regarder streaming, VF , University, Ave,, Toronto,, ON, M5J, 2H7,, Canada saison 09, 2018, full saison, saison 07,regarder tous les episode de , . But "Chinese Puzzle" uses Xavier’s "complicated" (that word comes up an awful lot throughout) situation as a pretext to establish his bonafides as a funky soulful French dude, a guy who doesn’t even need a steel frame or box spring when he sets up … Chinese Puzzle. Synopsis . Maybe I’m more bohemian than most French people, because by this movie’s lights, being a sperm donor is a really big existential deal that involves breaking confusing news to your other children and pouting a lot. regarder streaming, VF , University, Ave,, Toronto,, ON, M5J, 2H7,, Canada But not Xavier. So are Wendy, Isabelle and Martine. Rated R for sexual content, nudity and language, Indie Trailer Sunday: Audrey Tautou in French Comedy 'Chinese Puzzle'. Xavier's life is a genuine Chinese puzzle. If you live in a neighborhood uninfested with French people, your mileage may vary. A moving trio story. saison 07,regarder tous les episode de , Smart, insightful and full of lively, authentic New York City atmosphere that could never be faked on a sound stage in Atlanta, Chinese Puzzle is the real deal. The second film Les poupées russes revisited Xavier as he turns 30 and has still not established a writing career or found a stable relationship. Pretty bad. Read his answers to our Movie Love Questionnaire here. Its happy ending with Xavier settling down with former Erasmus companion Wendy (Kelly Reilly) seemed to augur well for the future.But as Casse-Tete Chinois opens, we find that Xavier's relationship with Wendy collapsed ten years into their marriage. A ex-dancer has a heart problem and even with a transplant, he may still only have a few months to live. pour télécharger et voir les films en streaming gratuitement sur notre site enregistrer vous gratuitement . Use the HTML below. 9 of 13 people found this review helpful. Pretty bad. JC Studios, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA, Hegel et Schopenhauer - les philosophes allemands. So are Wendy, Isabelle and Martine. A strait-laced French student moves into an apartment in Barcelona with a cast of six other characters from all over Europe. So I’ll be sitting in a local eatery and have my foot stepped on by a five-year-old French person whose parent will either act as if nothing at all has happened, or expect me to act as if having my foot stepped on by a five-year-old French kid is the most blessed thing that will happen to me all day. Since he can't bear them growing up far away from him, he decides to move there as well. Separation. One night to change everything. After a 10 year absence, Jean returns to his hometown when his father falls ill. Reuniting with his sister Juliette and his brother Jérémie, they have to re-build their relationship and trust as a family again. There's a strange side plot of adultery, where a character appallingly cheats on their lover and the other characters hardly object, and it ends up with almost the exact same scene of everyone racing to an apartment to warn the trysting pair as in the first film.Still, the series as a whole remains worth seeing and an important commentary on the contemporary world. When Camille (Audrey Tautou) falls ill, she is forced to live with Philibert and Franck (Guillaume Canet). A 40-year-old father's life is complicated when the mother of his two children moves to New York. Since he can't bear them growing up far away from him, he decides to move there as well. Homosexual parents. . That was back in 2001 or so. Release in France : 04/12/2013. Isabelle, now a lesbian, has taken a Wall Street job and has used Xavier for a sperm donor. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. On the threshold of 40, Xavier finds that his life is just as complicated as ever. A Feature film by Cédric Klapisch. Wendy has left Paris for New York, where she has met another man, and takes their two children with her. Silly American me, I thought it was a relatively routine thing. Well, to be fair, he has made some progress in the field of thoughtfulness (he has even become a writer) but as concerns his everyday life, it is far from well-ordered. One night to save a theater, one night to change one's perspective about life. View production, box office, & company info. Ten years after their Upper Sixth, Bruno, Momo, Leon and Alain meet together in the waiting room of a maternity hospital. Written by Xavier is now forty years old. She entrusts her beloved cat to Madame Renée's care. Copyright © 2017 All Rights not Reserved | by Bekkali, page de désactivation de la publicité Google, Network Advertising Initiative désactiver la page, Harry Potter et les Reliques de la mort : 1ère partie, Le Seigneur des anneaux : Le Retour du roi, Harry Potter et les Reliques de la mort : 2ème partie, Regarder des films en streaming gratuitement. By continuing to use this website, you agree to the use of cookies in order to offer you content and services that are tailored to your interests. Luigi will push and pull Faeza with him everywhere around Paris an entire night to save his theater. Said trilogy, which began with 2002’s "L’Auberge Espagnole" and continued with 2005’s "Les Poupées Russe" ("Russian Dolls"), finds its protagonist, French dude Xavier (Romain Duris), spending large portions of time outside of his native France pursuing life, liberty, and romantic/domestic fulfillment. The father of the awaited baby is Tomasi, their best friend at that... See full summary ». In the first movie, he was in Spain, the second in St. Petersburg, and here, the newly-40 Xavier takes Manhattan, specifically Chinatown, where the women in his life who had been introduced in the prior films—wife and mother-of-his-children Wendy (Kelly Reilly), and unusually-disposed ex-girlfriends Isabelle (Cecile De France) and Martine (Audrey Tautou)—all converge too. Chloe ... See full summary ». for sexual content, nudity and language, Immerse Yourself in Martin Scorsese’s World Cinema Project #3, New Works Virtual Festival Rescheduled for November, Seeking Editors, Video Interview: Aaron Sorkin, Eddie Redmayne & Frank Langella on The Trial of the Chicago 7. Illegal workers. I’m not sure what happened since. This FAQ is empty. Stars Yahya Abdul-Mateen II and Eddie Redmayne share their 5 reasons not to miss The Trial of the Chicago 7 on Netflix. Glenn Kenny was the chief film critic of Premiere magazine for almost half of its existence. Cécile de France is again so convincing in her role that one wonders if she really is like this in real life. Well, to be fair, he has made some progress in the field of thoughtfulness (he has even become a writer) but as concerns his everyday life, it is far from well-ordered. At forty you are supposed to be more mature and live a a steadier life than at twenty. After the breakup of his marriage to Wendy, Xavier impulsively follows her to New York, for the kids, you know. Chloe, a young woman, is going on holidays. The film’s opening moments, in which Xavier hustles his kids through busy New York streets, directing them in loud French, had an uncomfortable vibe of undesired verisimilitude for this viewer, along the lines of "Oh, no, ANOTHER one? The film follows Xavier adjusting to a new life in the United States, searching for a flat and a job, and dealing with a bitter custody battle. To be totally honest it is not entirely Xavier's fault if his wife Wendy has suddenly left him for a new companion in New York and taken their two children with her. Search for "Chinese Puzzle" on Amazon.com, Title: But it’s also only a movie that glories in the worst and most unexamined bourgeois-bohemian clichés, concocting for its protagonist a midlife crisis in which everybody is attractive and smart and nobody ever goes wanting in spite of constant complaints about being broke.