Demi Lovato returned to the stage last night at the Grammy Awards for the first time ever since she entered rehab and went on a hiatus from all things music. This is her first televised performance since suffering a drug-related medical emergency in 2018. Demi Lovato made a triumphant return to the stage during the Grammys on Sunday, debuting her new song “Anyone.”. Home » Celebrities » Tearful Demi Lovato’s Grammys performance as she makes defiant comeback. Lovato actually wrote the song just a couple of days before the overdose and the emotional lyrics as well as the tone of the song reflected her struggle at the time. The singer is also set to perform the national anthem at Super Bowl LIV at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami on Feb. 2. Demi was revived with naloxone by terrified friends before spending weeks at a rehab facility. What an unbelievable night. Her performance of her new song "Anyone" earned her a standing ovation from the crowd at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles on Sunday night. Demi Lovato teases first comeback performance at 2020 Grammys following drug overdose; Demi was revived with naloxone by terrified friends before spending weeks at a rehab facility. I…I love her. The 27-year-old entertainer took to her Instagram story to share a photo while watching Demi sing “Anyone” on … We want to shine the spotlight on women artists whose music inspires, excites, K-pop girl group BLACKPINK‘s success is unprecedented, especially given that for the majority of four years they’ve been together, they’v, Season 46 of Saturday Night Live is in full swing after a brief period of being filmed virtually, and the show’s sketches made sure to cover most of the, The year was 2018, and you literally couldn’t go anywhere without hearing “Boo’d Up.” The song dominated the airwaves, served as th. Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato's on-off close friend from their Barney and Disney days, posted a heartfelt public message to Lovato last night after Lovato's Grammys performance of "Anyone." READ MORE: Hear what Selena had to say to Demi following her overdose, Selena Gomez Reacts to Demi Lovato’s Grammys Performance. At the start of the song, she choked back tears as she looked down onto the mic and needed the pianist to play his introduction for a second time. Demi Lovato Brings Her Powerful Voice to 2020 Billboard Music Awards After Max Ehrich Breakup Demi Lovato, fresh off her breakup from actor Max … Demi Lovato returned to the stage last night at the Grammy Awards for the first time ever since she entered rehab and went on a hiatus from all things music. Celebrities. She and Christina Aguilera were nominated last year for pop duo/group performance for “Fall in Line.”. Alex O'Loughlin has been the star of the show since day one! So emotional for me. I’ve known her since I was seven. Lovato debuted her new song "Anyone," which she described to Zane Lowe as a "cry for help," written just days before her overdose in 2018. The singer performed Anyone, a song she wrote just days before being rushed to hospital in 2018 after ODing on heroin. And as she recovered the singer vowed Anyone would be the song she would belt out on her comeback. I didn’t want to. Variety and the Flying V logos are trademarks of Variety Media, LLC. This is her first televised performance since suffering a drug-related medical emergency in 2018. Thank you for your courage and bravery,” Selena wrote. "Demi, I'm so happy for you. The track features the moving lyrics "nobody listens to me" – which she admits reflected her state of mind shortly before her overdose. '", The songstress and Disney veteran unveiled her news of her Grammy performance on Instagram earlier this month, writing: "I told you the next time you’d hear from me I’d be singing… #GRAMMYS @recordingacademy @cbstv. Many celebrities have opted to make babies, and others, like Justin Bieber (and, Demi Lovato hit the stage of of the 2020 Billboard Music Awards to perform her newest song “Commander in Chief,” an emotionally-charged rebuke, As if Fridays weren’t your favourite day already, Refinery29 will also be gathering the best new music out each week, and breaking down why each track de, We’re changing our Christmas list this year: all we want is you know what to go away and a Mariah Carey x Ariana Grande collab. And as she recovered the singer vowed Anyone would be the song she would belt out on her comeback. Add Jennifer Hudson, and, “Indigenous peoples have been forgotten, under-appreciated, exploited — and our languages have a lot to do with it,” Peruvian Quechua singer. ", "All I’m saying is, I reached out personally," she said. Chinese Zodiac Elements: What are the personality traits for the Metal sign in astrology? Demi Lovato made her highly anticipated return to the music industry during the 62nd Annual GRAMMY Awards on Sunday, Jan. 26. She said: "So this song was written and recorded actually very shortly before…everything happened.