On three, got the heat, so bluff it What's that all about? I bet you got the techniques [Chorus: Brandy] It served as Norwood's debut single, the first from her self-titled debut album, released in 1994. You gotta put me on That was a fun time. Clips also feature her with friends dancing near a jeep in the woods. About this length, about this width Lyrically, "I Wanna Be Down" describes a flirt with a boy, who Norwood tries to convince of her loveliness. "I Wanna Be Down" was written by Keith Crouch and Kipper Jones, while production and arrangement was also handled by the former for Human Rhythm Productions during 1993. Use the HTML below. [Verse 2: Yo-Yo] You can get it when you want it Brandy sings as she talks on the phone while laying on a purple carpet, while swinging on a wooden swing, while sitting in a wooden barn, and while sitting on a bike. [Chorus: Brandy] Look at the cut? With what you're going through I wanna be down with you But I got flava too The song is a mid-tempo track that features a thunderous beat and light synth riffs. Every day new clothes Pancake by the gate Directed by Keith Ward. Word around town is you're nine men strong, He was born twenty years ago just to pimp hoes, Moms lookin' straight with her house she got, Even though you got chicks all up on you it, I've been mackin' daddy from the corner of my eye, Instinct leading me right up your alley way, Skip tha Moet, let's chill with some Alize, And I got to keep it strong for the cause, Actual Facts by Lord Finesse (Ft. Looking for some great streaming picks? And you got to keep me strong for the tours You be that brother that I wanna sink my teeth in [7] A simple performance video, it features appearances by Lyte, Latifah, and Yo-Yo and was photographed "in glamorous black and white and vivacious color, complete with flashbulbs popping to the beat. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Skip tha Moet, let's chill with some Alize I flip a sideshow if you come my way With what you're going through Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Of day or night it's true That you're the kind of guy that I should make a move on I wanna be down [Chorus: Brandy] My brother was in the video [...] He was there and we had this little dance, and that became really popular. [Outro: Queen Latifah] Don't be frontin' on your baby boo "I Wanna Be Down" is a song by American recording artist Brandy Norwood. You were the first to tame me It was filmed by director Hype Williams whose remix video for Craig Mack's 1994 song "Flava in Ya Ear" served as inspiration for the video. "I Wanna Be Down" was performed on several television and award show ceremonies, such as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, the 1996 Soul Train Music Awards, and the 2014 BET Hip Hop Awards. I'm thinking, 'Oh my God...I can't believe this is happening to me.' About yay short, about yay tall This FAQ is empty. Written by musicians Keith Crouch and Kipper Jones, with production helmed by the former, it was released on September 6, 1994 by the Atlantic Recording Corporation. Brandy sings as she talks on the phone while laying on a purple carpet, while swinging on a wooden swing, while sitting in a wooden barn, and while sitting on a bike. [Verse 3: Queen Latifah] Slam the deese on the Benzo "I didn’t really get it at first, but I was young and I didn’t really know what worked at radio or what it was. The video portrays Norwood in her tomboyish image, dancing in front of a jeep near a forest, surrounded by backup dancers. ", Credits adapted from the liner notes of Brandy. Brandy performs in the music video "I Wanna Be Down" from the album "Brandy" recorded for Atlantic Records. I wanna be down Cool, pose With what you're going through And I got to keep it strong for the cause Yeah I get exotic with the melodic tune 'Cause when I look at you I feel something tell me 'Nuff stress in our day Add the first question. [6] "I Wanna Be Down" was eventually remixed with new lyrics from female rappers MC Lyte, Queen Latifah, and Yo-Yo. Can I have some of that? Brother man and me, damn the family Moms lookin' straight with her house she got "I Wanna Be Down" (Human Rhythm Hip Hop remix feat. All my friends were in the video. Here we go, here we go, here go now The song's music video was filmed by Keith Ward and released in October 1994. I'll be your call mail, won't tell Make me wanna ask “Where the hell you been?” "‘I Wanna Be Down’ was interesting", she said in a retrospective interview with Complex magazine in 2012. "[6], A music video for the Human Rhythm Hip Hop Remix premiered in February 1995. Brandy sings as she talks on the phone while laying on a purple carpet, while ... View production, box office, & company info. We can go all out I wanna be down Clips also feature her with friends dancing near a jeep in the woods. This page was last edited on 16 October 2020, at 01:23. No matter the time Keep it on and you don't stop "The hip-hop remix meant the world to me", Norwood stated in 2012. I wanna be down The track was included on the b-side of Brandy’s original “I Wanna Be Down” single, which was released as a single from her self-titled 1994 LP. [citation needed] Its impact on the charts was comparatively large for a debut single: While it spent four weeks on top of the US Billboard Hot R&B Singles chart, it reached number six on the Billboard Hot 100, and the top 20 in Australia and New Zealand. What else could we be if no one understand us but we? [2][1] Darryl Simmons served as executive producer, while mastering was overseen by Brian Gardner. How can I get with you Let me massage your mind as my mental starts to play Since the first day Brandy performs in the music video "I Wanna Be Down" from the album "Brandy" recorded for Atlantic Records. I wanna be down I was one of the first R&B artists to welcome hip-hop onto an R&B beat. Instinct leading me right up your alley way Seems like you got a hold on me It has been performed on almost every one of Norwood's concerts and tours, and is featured on the compilation album The Best of Brandy (2005). It served as Norwood's debut single, the first from her self-titled debut album, released in 1994. I like the way you be with all that personality "[4], The original video for "I Wanna Be Down" was directed by Keith Ward and premiered prior to the single's official release in September 1994. Of day or night it's true A ghetto star's who you are Brandy performs in the music video "I Wanna Be Down" from the album "Brandy" recorded for Atlantic Records. I wanna be down with you “I was so excited about the video", she said. The kind of girl that you could be down for "I Wanna Be Down" was released to positive reaction by contemporary music critics. Uh, Big Tif, I'm out But you got to put me down soon Until the body rock Lyrically, "I Wanna Be Down" describes a flirt with a boy, who Norwood tries to convince of her loveliness. Up, down, and around, even sideways I liked the song, but I just didn’t get it being the first thing that people heard from me. Word around town is you're nine men strong [2] Chosen by Norwood's record company, Atlantic Records, as the leading single from her debut album, Norwood initially not liking the idea of releasing it as her first offering. Don't matter, 'cause brother you're fly Clips also feature her with friends dancing near a jeep in the woods. This version eventually earned Norwood her first nomination for a MTV Video Music Award for Best Rap Video at the 1995 ceremony. Brandy: I Wanna Be Down The song is a mid-tempo track that features a thunderous beat and light synth riffs. About so big, about so small No matter the time [5] Her first video shooting, Norwood explained the filming a great experience. And I'll be your sexual chocolate bar Written by It must be voodoo 'cause baby I want you It had never been done before quite like that[...] I knew it was a special record. I would like to get to know if I could be Brandy sings as she talks on the phone while laying on a purple carpet, while swinging on a wooden swing, while sitting in a wooden barn, and while sitting on a bike. Great loungin' in her new home that's up out the state [7], These are the formats and track listings of major single-releases of "I Wanna Be Down. [Verse 1: MC Lyte] Check out some of the IMDb editors' favorites movies and shows to round out your Watchlist. Ooh yeah (Ooh, yeah) I ain't afraid of the sweat, but yet I wanna be down I get hypnotic with the moon I wanna be down I think it was a Thursday (Oh baby) Oh yeah I got the chance to vibe with all three of them. Check out our picks for family friendly movies movies that transcend all ages. [Intro: Brandy] I wanna be down Of day or night it's true All I wanna know is what's up with you I'm about as ready as the Lyte can get And you don't stop Babyface, Monica, Timbaland, Kanye West, Diddy & More", https://www.amazon.com/I-Wanna-Be-Down-Brandy/dp/B000008O1W, Australian-charts.com – Brandy – I Wanna Be Down", "Brandy Chart History (Dance Singles Sales)", "Brandy Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)", "The ARIA Australian Top 100 Singles 1995", "American single certifications – Brandy – I Wanna Be Down", Recording Industry Association of America, U Don't Know Me (Like U Used To) – The Remix EP, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=I_Wanna_Be_Down&oldid=983750161, Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs number-one singles, Short description is different from Wikidata, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Articles with unsourced statements from June 2018, Singlechart usages for Billboardrandbhiphop, Certification Table Entry usages for United States, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, "I Wanna Be Down" (cool out instrumental) – 5:13.