'It’s disrespectful' - Stephen A. reacts to Brandon Marshall pursuing a boxing career | First Take - Duration: 3:12 . UFC Fight Island featuring Brian Ortega vs. , Comment ?, Tag your friends ? __________________________________________________ #FloydMayweather #Mayweather #ConorMcGregor #MannyPacquiao #Pacquiao #CaneloAlvarez #Canelo #RyanGarcia #GervontaDavis #Boxeo #Boxing #DannyGarcia #AmirKhan #AdrienBroner #TerenceCrawford # #Usyk #AnthonyJoshua #Golovkin #DanielJacobs #ErrolSpencejr #MikeyGarcia #DeontayWilder #Loma #TysonFury #AndyRuiz #BoxingSweetScience2.0, A post shared by BEAST (@bmarshall) on Oct 1, 2019 at 8:19am PDT. Initially set for April 4 and then June 27, only for both cards to be scrapped because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the junior welterweight showdown could either propel Ritson into world title contention or return the Mexican to the big stage. Make the Fight Stephen Espinoza @shosports ••• • • • My Twin @curtisspicejones is training @bmarshh to fight as a Heavyweight. %link% But he also was as much of a boxer as a football player, at least in the beginning. Then he lost to Jonathon Banks, who will be in Gennadiy Golovkin’s corner Saturday night against Sergiy Derevyanchenko. Lopez, the IBF beltholder, last fought in December,... Editor's note: This article was originally published on DAZN.com. https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sporting_news/55/6e/brandon-marshall-ftr_1pyj8cecmy6j11dr1hp6vlke8g.png?t=-1791034035&w=500&quality=80. Teofimo Lopez Jr. could have gone in a different direction after running over Richard Commey via second-round knockout to capture his lightweight title. Brandon Tyrone Marshall (born March 23, 1984) is a former American football wide receiver and current American sports television personality who played 13 seasons in the National Football League. The 35-year-old made it known in an Instagram video Tuesday that he's training to become a heavyweight boxer. Ex-NFL WR Brandon Marshall Training To Become Heavyweight Boxer, Calls Out Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder (VIDEO). Ruiz is currently the world heavyweight champion after his stunning defeat of Joshua back in June. I promise you that. You’re not that tough, not that strong. Marshall retired from the NFL after the 2018 season. He played for the Denver Broncos, Miami Dolphins, Chicago Bears, New York Jets, New York Giants and Seattle Seahawks. Brandon Marshall’s move from football to boxing in pursuit of a heavyweight title generated lots of news, although there’s nothing new about the attempt. https://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/2019/10/ex-nfl-wr-brandon-marshall-calls-out-heavyweight-stars-while-launching-his-boxing-career, What makes Vasiliy Lomachenko so good? I like how this feels. Please check your email for a confirmation. Teofimo Lopez: 'You guys haven’t really gotten to see all of me yet', Vasiliy Lomachenko admits that size is a problem at 135, Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Teofimo Lopez: Your guide to the big fight, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Teofimo Lopez Jr. could have gone in a different direction after running over Richard Commey via second-round knockout to capture his lightweight title. Former NFL wide receiver Brandon Marshall played 13 seasons in the league. While Marshall's NFL accolades are impressive, it's yet to be seen if it'll translate to the ring. Thirteen years, NFL. Lomachenko (14-1, 10 KOs) weighed 134.5 for each of his four lightweight bouts going into Saturday. Espinoza is the president of Showtime Sports. Marshall, 35, made the announcement in an Instagram video and said he plans to have his first professional fight in May 2020. You’re not tough, not that strong. https://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/2019/10/brandon-marshall-faces-an-uphill-impossible-battle, What makes Vasiliy Lomachenko so good? I’ll see you next May.”, MIKE TYSON SAYS HE SMOKES $40G WORTH OF POT EACH MONTH. All you boys, I can get it. Ex NFL WR Brandon Marshall IM TURNING PRO IN BOXING - Duration: 1:35. “All you boys, you can get it,’’ said Marshall, a 13-year NFL veteran. By: Hans Themistode When news broke of former NFL wide receiver Brandon Marshall trying his hand at boxing, it was a surprising one. Just went 24 rounds. I’m about to do the unthinkable. Marshall, a six-time All-Pro receiver, targeted current champs and contenders in announcing on Instagram Thursday that he intends to win a heavyweight title. Heavyweight champion of the world. Marshall starts off a video by stating that he spent 13 years in the National Football League and how his incredible shape had him go for 24 rounds inside a boxing ring. Good luck on that. Georgia Tech is (…), https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/10/brandon-marshall-nfl-wr-heavyweight-boxing-joshua-wilder-career, Ex-NFL WR Brandon Marshall calls out heavyweight stars while launching his boxing career, I found this on FTW and wanted to share: Just went 24 rounds. Former NFL wide receiver Brandon Marshall is trying out a new sport. He forgot about Andy Ruiz, Jr, although today’s unified champ was tagged in his bold post. The former fourth-round draft pick also tagged Andy Ruiz in his post, even though he didn't mention him in the video. Where I come from, and what I’ve been through in my life, I’m built for this. In addition to calling out today’s champions, however, Marshall might have been wise to consult Ed Too Tall Jones, Mark Gastineau, Tom Zbikowski, Gerald Washington, Seth Mitchell and Dominic Breazeale. All market data delayed 20 minutes. The best of the ex-footballers was Tom Zbikowski. All market data delayed 20 minutes. All rights reserved. I promise you. The card will be televised on ESPN and streamed on ESPN+. As for Marshall, it's not clear what he meant by "see you next May." Marshall would be the first. I’m about to do the unthinkable. Marshall announced on Instagram that he was launching a career in professional boxing. But he’s clearly not short on confidence. Vasiliy Lomachenko and Teofimo Lopez Jr. both weighed in at the 135-pound limit for their title-unification fight inside the MGM Grand "bubble" in Las Vegas. Vasiliy Lomachenko and Teofimo Lopez Jr. both weighed in at the 135-pound limit for their title-unification fight inside the MGM Grand "bubble" in Las Vegas. I’m telling you. Marshall says he’s setting his goals high to be Heavyweight champion of the world and proceeded to call out Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder, Anthony Joshua, and Ortiz.