Corner. We know that Chelsea will be stronger next season, with Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner already in the building. Poor defending from Chelsea at the set piece. Plenty could happen to help Chelsea gain an edge tonight and as we saw in Man City's win last night, even the best players make mistakes. Following a devastating 2-1 … Emerson gets high up the pitch, crosses low into the six yard box and Neuer spills it. BOO I SAY! ABRAHAM SCORES! You need to be a subscriber to join the conversation. ), Robert Lewandowski did one of the worst things he could have done with god awful Tik Tok dances, and Chelsea lost to Arsenal in the FA Cup. That was at least until the first few minutes, when the Bayern boot kicked suddenly and forcefully. Lampard has won plaudits for playing so many youth players in the team this season but has been busy in the transfer market already - will all of the youngsters he's brought into the squad get quite so much game time next season when he has players like Ziyech, Havertz etc to call on? Oh my god. The Tik Tok thing is worse than losing than the FA Cup. Bayern look a class above here. WOW! Another attempt at a through-ball leaves Abraham frustrated as Bayern's back line simply steps forward to play him offside. The players have to make the right decisions. But I've seen him play. Please be respectful when making a comment and adhere to our Community Guidelines. As ever, Robert Lewandowski was the primary destructive force for Bayern, who will take some beating in this competition. Chelsea will get better from here. Well, the game isn't dead yet, but if you look at it in another way, the game is completely dead. I'm no scientist, but I think that might be unlikely. Meanwhile, in the other game tonight, Lionel Messi has just done this: Lionel Messi just never fails to amaze Doesn't matter how many defenders try and stop him, he's on a different level!#Club2020 pic.twitter.com/dDCggick5q. As announced by UEFA on Wednesday, Europe’s elite club competition is to restart in August following suspension due to the COVID-19 pandemic. He was caught for the second goal but has given away a few simple, and some more ambitious passes during the match so far. Abraham has started aggressively, charging into the high press. It's hard to appreciate the brilliant striker that he is after you do though, so be warned. It should come as no surprise to read that Bayern Munich are a more structured and complete side than Frank Lampard’s young Chelsea team. That will be a truly impressive task if ever completed - they are one of, if not the best team in the competition. It's Tolisso's first touch! Lampard had made no attempt to downplay the size of the task facing his team and even the most optimistic of Chelsea fans might have struggled to find reasons for hope before kick-off. ", except whatever that word would be in Polish or German. Kingsley Coman will miss Bayern Munich‘s Champions League clash with Chelsea due to a muscle injury. An offside call on Abraham resulted in the goal being immediately ruled out but it was still an encouraging moment for Hudson-Odoi, whose development has not been as smooth as expected this season. The final scoreline of 7-1 over two legs did not flatter Bayern, who put 10 past Tottenham Hotspur over two games this season and could have hit double figures again. Being stronger does not mean they will be strong enough to challenge for the Champions League, though, and this return to the site of their greatest night, back in 2012, was a reminder of the lengths they must travel to reach that pinnacle again. That is completely understandable given Chelsea's injury problems but it doesn't look good for this game. “We will take the same approach as we always do. That means the Allianz Arena will provide the stage for one of the biggest highlights in European club football in the summer of 2023 rather than in 2022 as originally planned.