When Aussie country music legend Adam Brand was unveiled as the Dragon on The Masked Singer on Wednesday, ... Adam and his partner Nui at an Australia Zoo event. Having met with world renowned names and managers, doors began to open. Tours to radio stations across the country saw his songs placed on regular rotation, while a documentary was set to be filmed as part of his travels. The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline. It took this trip for us to get around to it. Confidential reporters. From local stardom and a chance at conquering Nashville - the world's country music capital - Adam Brand found himself down and out in a $60-a … The comments below have not been moderated. By Josh Hanrahan For Daily Mail Australia, Published: 20:36 EDT, 21 January 2017 | Updated: 00:57 EDT, 22 January 2017. Tough times: 'I had this amazing new love which to me was the biggest and strongest thing I have ever encountered in my life, and also this career starting there,' Brand said, Down on his luck: Hauled up in a cheap Gold Coast hotel, the singer said he held his head in his hands as he assessed where things had gone wrong. First, he lost his marriage. He's won 14 golden guitar awards and is a certified Australian country music legend. 'In both hands, I had everything I had ever dreamed about,' Brand said of a ticket from music giant Sony to the United States to launch his career there. Millions enjoy a last night of freedom before Covid-19 curfew hits Paris and other cities across France, Hunter Biden emails identify Joe Biden as 'the Big Guy' who would receive 10% share in deal with Chinese energy firm, report says, NYPost says Twitter is holding its account hostage as paper is told it must delete links to Hunter Biden email story even though site lifted ban on sharing bombshell report, ABC refuses to comment after two questioners at Joe Biden's ABC town hall are revealed to have Democratic Party ties - standing by claim that questions also came from Trump supporters and independent voters. We are no longer accepting comments on this article. Now, some five years on from his battle, Brand has finally found his feet. Watch the full story above. Au revoir to the bars! As his marriage fell apart Brand knew something had to give, and so he ended the Sony contract that could have been his ticket to international stardom. But from local stardom and a chance at conquering Nashville - the world's country music capital - Adam Brand found himself down and out in a $60-a-night motel. Among them was an opportunity to take part in Channel Seven's hit dancing show, a decision he didn't realise at the time would lead him to fall in love. Nui is from Thailand and she loves seafood, especially crabs. Security video shows prison guards 'did not lift a finger to stop R.Kelly from being beaten by a fellow inmate', Three injured in huge 'gas explosion' at Virginia shopping center that sent flames 30ft into the air and was felt more than five miles away, Former Eagles' guitarist Don Felder, 73, and fiancee Diane McInerney, 49, end their engagement after two years of dating, 'I love you lil bro, my twin': Fetty Wap shares emotional tribute to his sibling after the 26-year-old was fatally gunned down in New Jersey, Dr. Fauci says COVID-19 numbers would have to 'get really, really bad' before he advocates another national lockdown as he admits Americans are 'fatigued' by shutdowns, Queen, 94, should get anti-Covid jab to persuade public to trust the vaccination when it becomes available, UK government adviser says, Angela Merkel warns Germans that 'difficult months are ahead of us' as country posts new daily record of over 7,800 coronavirus cases, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany says she's 'blessed to be COVID clear' as she posts sweet photo of her kissing infant daughter, Thousands of anti-lockdown protesters gather in London on the first day of the capital's Tier 2 lockdown as businesses warn 200,000 jobs will go this WEEKEND, Au revoir to the bars!