Out of the lineup, but seemingly in the clear of further trouble, Judge said that he felt great Thursday afternoon be Aaron Judge continues to … I feel like I’m seeing the ball well. I got a couple shots and got ready for the postseason.”. “It felt like tightness. After a few additional days off, Judge finally returned to the lineup on Wednesday night and everything seemed right in New York once again. Thames revealed Giancarlo Stanton has fully recovered from his calf injury and will be ready to go when the season starts. When the doctors let him, [we’ll] turn him loose. Your favorite teams, topics, and players all on your favorite mobile devices. We feel like he’s about ready.”. He explained that at the time, the pain had radiated in his shoulder and neck – a key factor in why it took so long to pinpoint his rib as the source of his discomfort. In his first game back, Judge felt tightness in his calf and was pulled from the game. He’s chomping at the bit to get out there and start working hard on his swing.”. Unfortunately, this latest injury is nothing new for the 6-foot-7 slugger. Save up to 65 percent on 28 refurbished Apple iPads, Fenty Beauty offers 25 percent off sitewide for Friends and Family Sale, H&M launches Jeans Redesign collection focused on sustainability, Lululemon offers up to 75 percent off apparel, accessories and more. Torres said that he jogged across the outfield at half-speed on Sunday, which he views as an encouraging development. General manager Brian Cashman said Judge (calf strain) will be shelved twice as long as the first time he went on the IL and Torres (hamstring/quad) will be out from three-to-six weeks. “We’ve got a really good team and got a lot of good players,’’ Thames said. It took about a dozen tests, weeks of inconclusively and plenty of frustration, but Aaron Judge finally has a diagnosis as to what's been keeping him off the field this spring. Your California Privacy Rights As Judge continues to recover and waits to resume baseball activities, we’ve at least gotten some positive updates on Stanton and James Paxton. He missed significant time in 2019 with an oblique strain, forcing him to miss two months of action. After dropping Wednesday’s doubleheader to the Atlanta Braves, Yankees skipper Aaron Boone provided the injury update fans were hoping not to hear. “I think everything was handled correctly,” Judge said. Please subscribe now and support the local journalism YOU rely on and trust. Zack Britton has filled in for Chapman, who is coming back from COVID-19. I’m swinging at the right pitches in the zone.