In comparison, Turner’s dWAR was -0.6 in 2019. Lindor is a switch hitter. One of the biggest reasons to get a left side infielder is to get a right handed hitter.

Say what you will, but The Athletic’s Jim Bowden is still on the Bryant-to-LA train to a degree. THIS is what I have been saying about Yimi for two years now.

We got money now. AJ IS GOING TO GET HURT AGAIN. BUTANE KEEPS US ALIVE!!! Bryant’s versatility to play third base, left field and right field fits well with the Dodgers’ blueprint of mixing and matching. That group of players will not get the Dodgers Kris Bryant. The Cubs are seeking young, controllable assets in a Bryant deal, which Atlanta has plenty of. ( Log Out /  BUTANE KEEPS US ALIVE!!! Woot woot! If the Dodgers don't make a move for Bryant, the most logical suitor for him is the Braves. 2020 is the final year of JT’s contract and 2.) As much as I like Lindor, I think I would hang on to Lux and Ruiz. The young stud is a career .241/.308/.434 postseason hitter with 15 extra-base hits and 16 RBI across nine postseason series. We will NEVER share your email with anyone! If the suituation said that getting Kris Bryan would absolutely guarantee the Dodgers the World Series Victory (like any of the three aforementioned players) Friedman and Mark Walter would TALK, TALK, TALK, TALK, TALK, TALK about it and then do the exact opposite or resign some broken down reliever or third string nobody position player and hail it as the next coming of KING KONG! Pollock and/or Joc Pederson. Still, it certainly would not be prudent to bank on Donaldson maintaining or improving upon the numbers from his walk year. Adding one of Anderson and Wright — along with another young pitcher — would address one of the Cubs' biggest needs. He could be even better in 2020 and his grievance case losing could incentivize the Cubs to trade him now to get top dollar. #DodgersNation #dodgers #losangeles #lafans #doyers #baseball #mlb #besbol #fans #lableedsblue #thinkblue #ChavezRavine #HollywoodLifestyle #ItsAnLAThing #ITFDB #LATogether ... Good Morning Dodger Familia! I realize I said in a conversation that I’d consider sacrificing Keibert Ruiz and Tony Gonsolin for Bryant, but based on these findings, surrendering those two prospects would be an absolutely ridiculous deal, especially if Bryant will only be around for just one season. Parting with Ruiz would be particularly tough, but worth it when considering the MVP level-caliber player coming back in return. #DNHIGHLIGHTS The Braves are all in on 2020, and adding Bryant would make them a true contender alongside the Dodgers for the NL pennant. Ken Rosenthal Keeping Open Kris Bryant-Dodgers Trade Possibility. Basically we can depend on Buehler and even he doesn’t have a long enough record to be sure of.

When turning to the trade block certain names stick out such as Francisco Lindor (which would push Corey Seager to third, assuming he isn’t moved in the deal) and Nolan Arenado, but both seem extremely unlikely. I say that because, all this hoopla about this high price player or that player doesn’t promise a World Series ring. OH BY THE WAY BOMGAR CAN BE THE NEXT DENNIS ECKERSLEY AN HE CAN HIT SO YOU WON’T HAVE TO PULL HIM OUT OF THE GAME ??? by THE SHOW GOES ON!!! LET’S GO BLUE!!!! TEST It is doubtful that that will happen, and with their recent struggles to get over the hump in the playoffs, acquiring Bryant makes entirely too much sense.

#DNNEWS Our starters’ ceiling as a group is terrific but if we go into 2020 with a rotation of Buehler, Kershaw, Maeda, May, Urias it could all go very wrong. by Daniel Preciado 10/24/2019, 3:30 PM. Early in the offseason, Ken Rosenthal was the first national writer to connect the Los Angeles Dodgers to the Chicago Cubs as a possible Kris Bryant trade partner.

Amen to that. The Los Angeles Dodgers are waiting on Bryant’s hearing, which could determine if he’ll be a free agent after the 2020 season. They already paid the luxury tax last season, and don’t seem willing to again, which would harshen the penalties. Thanks so much for the consideration. The 27-year-old third baseman/left fielder could potentially become a free agent after the 2020 season should he win an upcoming grievance. From a contractural standpoint, Donaldson may be the most interesting. Rosenthal on MLB Network right now: Donaldson "four years" at "at least $25M a year." All the Dodgers need is a top starter and a top reliever/ Wheeler. GOT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT AJ. A former GM recently indicated that the Cubs’ asking price for Bryant is “obscene” and downplayed how good of a player he is. pic.twitter.com/yT4GJOxVc6, — MLB Network (@MLBNetwork) January 6, 2020. He’ll turn 34 next month, so a three-year deal would put him into his age 37 season. In the mean time, let’s see how much closer our top prospects can get.

I project May to be a regular starter for the Dodgers in 2021. Build your custom FanSided Daily email newsletter with news and analysis on Los Angeles Dodgers and all your favorite sports teams, TV shows, and more. Don't Miss Any of the Latest Dodgers News, Rumors, and Exclusive Offers! Kershaw is sliding a little more every year, although still a decent starter. Despite Turner’s recent decline with the glove, he’s still better than Bryant defensively. We could hope Seager is willing to take over third in 2021 and then re-signs after 2021. - Powered by Minute Media © 2020 All Rights Reserved. Also, Chase Utley did absolutely nothing wrong. The flip side of that coin is to unload a left handed hitter. Friedman giving all those good prospects for one guy? - They currently sit approximately $38 million below the luxury tax threshold for next season and can afford to take on more salary. So, um....hi @ashleynicokelly. Hyped still? LET’S GO BLUE!!!! Can Knox say a few words again PLEASE!!!!

More speculative opinions from Jim Bowden! with him. Start with going after Cole and work downward to Strasburg, Ryu and Wheeler from there. - Nevertheless, Kris Bryant‘s name came up in a conversation yesterday—if you missed the chat, you can find some of it in the comments section of Wednesday’s column. Early in the offseason, Ken Rosenthal was the first national writer to connect the Los Angeles Dodgers to the Chicago Cubs as a possible Kris Bryant trade partner. They won the most games in franchise history (106) in 2019 and were already going to be an NL favorite in 2020. May is the guy I wouldn’t trade. How we all feeling from last night?! If that’s the case, it’s unlikely Bryant is traded to the nation’s capital. DNList. In the mean time, let’s see how much closer our top prospects can get. (Photo by David Banks/Getty Images). A 98 mph sinker strongly counters the juiced ball situation today by producing more ground balls, if they can hit it at all. Can Knox say a few words again PLEASE!!!! #DodgersNation #dodgers #losangeles #lafans #doyers #baseball #mlb #besbol #fans #lableedsblue #thinkblue #ChavezRavine #HollywoodLifestyle #ItsAnLAThing #ITFDB #LATogether ... Good Morning Dodger Familia! Enough. It absolutely is the thing. They won the most games in franchise history (106) in 2019 and were already going to be an NL favorite in 2020. We’ve been vulnerable to power arms in the postseason because we couldn’t move a baserunner with less than 2 out on a 2-1 pitch. You don’t have any facts. In terms of comparing Bryant and Turner, I think I’d certainly take Turner, especially if the plan was to play either at third base regularly. The biggest factor surrounding Rendon, though, is the length of a prospective deal. My name is Daniel Preciado and I am 19 years old. But given a player of Bryant’s caliber, an exception should be made. A right-handed power bat, Bryant fits all of the Dodgers’ needs without breaking the bank. Oh, so you didn’t hear the Rams announcement a few minutes ago? THE DODGERS AREN'T DONE YET BABY!!!! (YouTube/DodgersnationTV)

Defensively, he would primarily play third base, sliding Turner to first, Muncy to second, and Gavin Lux into a super utility role.
Other teams that need lefties will pay a high price for him. 129,725, Official Instagram Account of #DodgersNation ⚾️. Dodgers: Should LA sign Madison Bumgarner or Hyun-Jin Ryu? We can trade for players we need later. Cmon Jim, Dodgers don’t need these over priced all star world series winners! Just make sure you get top notch talent in return.

Your email address will not be published. As for his fit with the Dodgers, Bryant provides a right handed bat badly needed in a lineup that is lefty-heavy. DNVersion1