Then we have the struggling writer who worms her way into a world she wasn't ready for. OK, that's not a horrible plot line, but the execution? The thieves are boring and I almost quit the book after the first couple of chapters of those four. She is approached by an elegant, mysterious woman working for an even more mysterious company. Please enter 5 or 9 numbers for the ZIP Code. Mercer, Bruce, Noelle, and the supporting cast are all interesting and fun, and carried the novel even more than the plot, which was solid but could have used a little more development in a few spots. She virtually disappeared in the last bit of the plot. 2. Now, it’s just tired and unsatisfactory. This book has been read so it is very slightly worn. He has always been a great story teller, but several years ago I tired of lawyers and poorly crafted endings. Qualifying purchases could enjoy No Interest if paid in full in 6 months on purchases of $99 or more. This item will be shipped through the Global Shipping Program and includes international tracking. The plot was incredibly silly. The thieves who pulled off the initial heist are either dead or in jail; I didn’t mind that. For me, Grisham's last few offerings have been hit and miss, with many of them having disappointing resolutions. Somehow a rare-books dealer named CABLE (his last name is 'TV") apparently has obtained these manuscripts and Mercer is tasked with worming her way into Cable's orbit so she can help "ELAINE" (Seinfeld's neighbor?) I can't wait to get my hands on the next book. If you reside in an EU member state besides UK, import VAT on this purchase is not recoverable. . There are not the big twists and turns like in The Firm,but it keeps your attention and it is a very relaxing beach, pool, or airplane read. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program. 6. John Grisham Large Print Books in English. Perfect. [Grisham] reveals an amiable, sardonic edge here that makes Camino Island a most agreeable summer destination.”—USA Today Who was this story about? No obvious damage to. You were supported by a real publisher, something most writers only dream of, stop being a baby and get out there and do the work), she gets paid and sleeps with someone she's ready to send to jail(no moral compass, yet she talks about her vampid sister's obsession with material things),she whines about how her sister's college was paid for while Mercer only got one year out of her dad before he went broke, and then says she dutifully sees him once a year and whines again about how they have nothing in common and he only talks about himself.