the background scores are great and jells well to their situations. Explore. Bill Maher Implores Dems To Make Amy Coney Barrett’s Catholicism An Issue On HBO’s ‘Real Time’: “Being Nuts Is Relevant”, Stream It Or Skip It: 'Dream Home Makeover' On Netflix, A Show That Is Exactly What It Sounds Like, Boston News Anchor Says She Was Fired For 'Hubie Halloween' Cameo, How to Watch 'Totally Under Control,' The Coronavirus Documentary Filmed In Secret, Netflix’s 'Dream Home Makeover': Meet Shea and Syd McGee of Studio McGee, 'Love and Monsters' Director Says Dylan O’Brien Was Distracted Playing With The Movie's Dog, Stream It Or Skip It: 'The Cabin With Bert Kreischer' On Netflix, Comedy Big Brother For A Day, 'NCIS: New Orleans' Actors Allege CBS Orchestrated a "Guerilla-Style" Robbery Scene with No Safety Measures, How to Watch Donald Trump's Town Hall Meeting Live Tonight, 'Jeopardy' Stunner Leaves Alex Trebek and Fans Speechless: "The Stage Looks Very Lonely". He tries to be ruthless and cold-blooded, but he can never bring himself to deliver the death blow that would sever ties with Hwi. This is what made the ending truly tragic and fitting. Meanwhile, Hwi manages to fight off a few guards of his own after being found, hitting them with arrows and using yellow robes to evade their attacks. Boasting high production values and some impressive choreography, My Country’s only downside comes from its teasing love triangle between its three leads which, if they go down this route, may well devalue the good work done so far. Top Actors; Add New Person; MDL v6. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! © 2020 TheReviewGeek. Two friends aim their swords against one another due to differences in opinion about "my country." My Country: The New Age is a lushly-filmed epic with great performances. 2,624, This story has been shared 1,684 times. Despite the 80 minute run time, My Country packs an awful lot into its first episode. Despite that, the series has all the makings to be one of the better Korean dramas of the year. Son of the greatest sword-smith in Goryeo, Hwe walks past Sun-Ho and Hee-Jae, bursting into the palace as he purposefully walks up to the Officer, fighting off numerous guards with Sun-Ho before slamming the arrowhead down on the table as Hee-Jae watches on from afar where we leave the episode. All Rights Reserved. Even though they are constantly being torn apart and forced to betray and hurt each other, their loyalty endures to the end. Can't wait for the rest of the episodes to come out. My Country: The New Age gets ★★★★½ star rating and review from HeyChingu users. With the influx of bright, cheerful fusion sageuks this year, JTBC and Netflix’s sageuk My Country: The New Age brings some welcome gravitas to my drama-watching line-up. She slowly turns around to walk back, but then sees Sun-ho standing there in the middle of the peer. I love love love this drama.. it couldnt get any better..best serial of  2019 so far, been watching it side by side with vagabond and i must say.. this story and plot beats out the other show in every possible way.. i hope it doesnt  go to waste like arthdal chronicles or other shows that have a good beginning but continues to dissappoint us as the show progresses.. keeping my toes and fingers crossed . It is refreshing, feels modern and cant wait to get lost in the remaining episodes yet to come.. As usual, foreign shows beat American shows hands down. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Nam Sun-ho saw her as his own sister, and always fought with his life to protect her and keep her safe when Hwi couldn’t (it’s a long story). #SIOSI. At the end of the Goryeo period, there were those who led the charge to proclaim a new age -- and the ordinary individuals who risked everything. With plenty of questions left hanging over this one, My Country looks set to be another popular Korean drama but whether it can keep up this level of intrigue over the coming weeks remains to be seen. Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service. Seon-ho wants to take the army exam to prove to himself that he can surpass his social rank, but Hwi would rather take care of his sister, who has epilepsy. Set during the end of the Goryeo period to the early Joseon period. At the end of the Goryeo period, there were those who led the charge to proclaim a new age -- and the ordinary individuals who risked everything. As children, Hui-jae and Seo Geom cross paths after Hui-jae endures a traumatic incident. If it takes the safe approach, then we might end up with a seen-that-before plot involving quarreling friends, a love triangle and  "kill the king" plot. Petites annonces. 8/10: the main bromance and political intrigue carried the drama for me, as well as the epic soundtrack and beautifully shot cinematography and choreography. Don’t worry, it won’t take long. Jun 06, 2020. My Country: The New Age is a lushly-filmed epic with great performances. Seon-ho beseeches Yi Seong-gye for more influence. With plenty of questions left hanging over this one, My Country looks set to be another popular Korean drama but whether it can keep up this level of intrigue over the coming weeks remains to be seen. (Source: AsianWiki) Edit Translation, Set during the end of the Goryeo period to the early Joseon period. What Jessica More Wants You To Know About 'Below Deck Med' Season 5: "I Wasn’t A Psychopath For No Reason", ‘Below Deck Med’ Exclusive: Your First Look at the Season 5 Reunion, 'Below Deck Med' Recap: Rob Bails on The Trip To Bali With Jess, One of the things about historical dramas from the Far East is that much of the history being depicted isn’t just a few hundred years old. He’s the greatest swordsman in Goryeo, Seo Geom. His life devolves into a hellish existence, but he still holds a smile. Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. The Right Chancellor is impressed with Hwi’s skills, and gives him one of his arrowheads, which will allow Hwi to apply for the military exam. Dressed up and in disguise, both Hee-Jae and Hwi manage to blend in with the others as Chi-Do, the guard in charge, demands they each come forward and stand next to the poster. Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. The lead actors were poignant and portrayed their roles well specifically Yang se Jong and Jang Hyuk. Our Take: It’s hard to wrap what went on in the 83-minute first episode of My Country: The New Age into a few paragraphs. Movies. They encounter Han Hee-jae (Kim Seol-hyun), who has been putting up anti-war posters around their village, and has incurred the wrath of the General’s forces. Meanwhile, on the battlefield, Park Chi-do meets Hwi. wow, the production of this drama is no joke. |, I really love Asians movies but I was so sad when both of my best characters died this was a good drama. If you have some patience, this drama will bring you to a very satisfying, but tragic conclusion. No boring episode! Sun-ho’s father is also quite evil, and because of that, Sun-ho is often implicated or forcibly involved in his father’s decisions and actions. For instance, My Country: The New Age takes place in the waning years of the 14th century, 600 years ago, as the Goryeo dynasty gives way to the early years of the Joseon dynasty. Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". My Country: The New Age is a lushly-filmed epic with great performances. Yi Bang-won commands Seo Hwi to lead an offensive maneuver that brings him in direct contact with Nam Seon-ho. This show is PRETTY good especially as far as fight scenes.. but the storyline is ALL over the place and the acting of the person portraying prince jeongan is at times UNWATCHABLE. Huo Ting En, a Cordon Bleu head chef at La Mure finds his path crossed with Wei Fen Qing a meager chef at a night market when netizens claim her dishes to be at par with Ting En's cooking. Besides Sun-ho’s mesmerizing story arc, I honestly wasn’t super invested in the side plots or side characters. Top Movies Most Popular Movies Newest Upcoming Reviews … Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. He wants Hwi to be a chaser to rout out prey. Stream It Or Skip It: 'Rooting For Roona' On Netflix, A Documentary About A Girl With Birth Defects Facing Overwhelming Odds, Stream It Or Skip It: 'The Perfect Weapon' On HBO, A Documentary About The Rise Of Cyber Attacks, Stream It Or Skip It: 'Time' on Amazon Prime, An Against-The-Odds Love Story That Pushes Hard Against A Broken System, 'Time' on Prime Video: Your Guide to Rob G. Rich's Case, Horny for Horror: The Naughtiest Sex Scenes in Scary Movies, Final Girl Friday: Long Live the Grinning May Queen of Horror, Florence Pugh, 'The Wolf of Snow Hollow' Exclusive Clip: Managing a Crime Scene Isn't Easy, AMC+ Is Well-Positioned To Expand Shudder's Reach Past Spooky Season, 'Dolly Parton: Here I Am' Is A Testament To The Artistry And Image Of Country Music's "Backwoods Barbie", Stream It Or Skip It: 'BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky' on Netflix, The Journey Of The World's Most Popular Girl Group, Shawn Mendes Doc 'In Wonder' to Premiere on Netflix, 10 Times Eddie Van Halen Blew Up Your Television, Stream It Or Skip It: 'A Babysitter’s Guide to Monster Hunting' on Netflix, Derivative Kid Fodder for the Terminally Bored, Pixar's 'Soul' to Premiere Exclusively on Disney+ This December, 'Hocus Pocus 2' Release Date, Cast, and Everything We Know So Far, Who Are 'The Boys In The Band'? So the first episode has aired and these are my feeling about the show. Love blooms between the two but their union is hindered as a secret buried in their past comes to light. 'Emily in Paris' Star Lucas Bravo Says Critics "Are Right" About Cliches in the Show, 'Emily in Paris' Controversy Grows As French Critics Chime In, Help! 488, This story has been shared 453 times. Seon-ho forces Hwi to realize a harsh reality while the two flee danger. Set during the transition period from Goryeo to Joseon, it is a battle between two best friends turned enemies who each side with a different notion of their country. Meanwhile, Ihwaru tries to hide a crime as Hwi and his friends implicate Bang-won in one of their plots. A weak apology follows, before he leaves the trio to toast over drinks, forging their friendship over alcohol. Also, he blatantly does not seem to care about Sun-ho and sacrifices him/leaves him for dead on at least two occasions…. and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. Seon-ho, due to his superior skills with a bow and arrow, is selected to go hunting with the Right Chancellor. It is a perfect Korean show, full of drama, emotions, twists and is very immersive. What Time Will 'A West Wing Special' Premiere on HBO Max. The cinematography, the background score, the art-direction are top-notch. I just watched 10 episodes in 2 days. In general, the pacing of the drama could have been a tighter, some sideplots could have been cut down or omitted, and more screen time should have been devoted to clarifying the main conflicts and relationships. In the making of a new age, two friends face off each other as they battle to create their own idea of a new country. Written by: Chae Seung-dae: Directed by: Kim Jin-won: Starring 640, This story has been shared 639 times. Just as things look set to kick off, Sun-Ho arrives and tells them he’s noble-born and to call off the attack. Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password. Tonal shifts like that are endemic in Korean dramas, whether they take place in the 14th century or the 21st, and it’s something we’re still not used to. Yeon had embroidered a sash for Sun-ho before she died, and he kept it tied to his sword after her death. My Country is quite heavy on the politics, as well on the battles and blood and all that good stuff you can find in a drama such as this. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your account. A standing ovation for Woo Do-hwan, who gave such a heart-rendingly raw and emotional performance throughout. Six years later, Seon-ho tracks a robber who has been taking cargo in transit. 'The Great British Baking Show's Breakout Star, 'The Great British Baking Show' Soda Bread Challenge Shows off the Bakers' Biggest Fault This Year, 'Fargo' Season 4 Episode 4 Recap: The Snowman Cometh, Jessie Buckley Is the Existential Tour de Force 2020 Needs, Who Plays Swanee Capps in 'Fargo'?