[7], On August 9, 2019, American singer Lana Del Rey released a cover of the song for the film, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (2019), which plays during the film's end credits. Said it must be the season, must be the season, must be the season (Witch) (You've got to pick up every stitch) According to Genius Lyrics, Lana Del Rey announced ‘Season of the Witch’ through her social media on 5th of August, 2019. [5] They included Lenny Maitlin on keyboards, Don Brown on lead electric guitar, Bobby Ray on bass and "Fast" Eddie Hoh on drums.

If you are a new Lana Del Rey fan, we have picked our 10 Best Lana Del Rey Songs! You've got to pick up every stitch (Gonna be, gonna be)
(Gonna be) [Bridge] [15] Savannah Sicurella of Paste stated "Del Rey managed to capture the prickly, macabre feeling of the popular Alvin Schwartz stories on which the film was based. Must be the season of the witch Now, let’s walk through the meaning behind the lyrics of ‘Season of the Witch’ by Lana Del Rey. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. You've got to pick up every stitch (Gonna be, gonna be) Beatniks are out to make it rich Some other cat looking over (Shadoop, shadoop) Witch (Must be the season of the witch) There's a problem loading this menu right now. Oh no, must be the season of the witch “Season of the Witch” is a cover of Donovan’s song of the same title and part of the soundtrack of Guillermo Del Toro’s movie Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, released on August 9th, 2019. Said it must be the season, must be the season, must be the season (Witch) The song is credited to Donovan, although sometime collaborator Shawn Phillips has also claimed authorship. Del Rey announced the song through her social media on August 5th, 2019. It's very strange to me. (Must be the season of the witch) They're strange, so strange Must be the season of the witch The song is used in films such as Gus van Sant's To Die For and Adam McKay's The Other Guys. Said it must be the season, must be the season, must be the season (Witch)

And when I look in my window

It is an honor for me to have met her.”[14], Mirko Parlevliet of Vital Thrills praised the pairing of Del Rey's sound and the film's vintage aesthetic. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. "Season Of The Witch". [5] Donovan played the second guitar part, as he explained in his autobiography: I played a white Fender Telecaster Electric Guitar on "Witch," chunking down on the chord pattern, wailing a chilling chorus.

When I look over my shoulder (What happens then?) [5] According to Donovan, he and Phillips wanted a "rock-combo sound" for the song and chose some local musicians from the local clubs. [Pre-Chorus] Many sights to see Lana Del Rey Lyrics. Said it must be the season, must be the season, must be the season (Witch) (You've got to pick up every stitch) When I look out my window The song features Lana’s breathy low register and higher vocals drowned in reverb. So many different people to be. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. [Pre-Chorus] [Outro] [4] Because of a dispute with Donovan's record company, a UK edition with the song was not released until June 1967.

Must be the season of the witch A major seventh with an open G, to D 9th with a G-flat bass (Bert Jansch chord). [9][10][11] Del Rey's version of the song was released for digital download and streaming on August 9, the same day at the film's premiere and the same day she released the political single, "Looking for America". Get a special offer and listen to over 60 million songs, anywhere with Amazon Music Unlimited. Hmm, hmm "Season of the Witch" was recorded at the CBS studios in Hollywood, California, where most of Sunshine Superman was recorded. "Season of the Witch" is a song by Scottish singer-songwriter Donovan released in September 1966 on his third American album, Sunshine Superman. He's very strange to me To enjoy Prime Music, go to Your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com (US). [Verse 2] There are 0 customer reviews and 17 customer ratings. The following day, August 6, Del Rey presented del Toro with his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and teased the song on her social media. (Mmm)

Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. [5], Donovan does not mention the involvement of Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones. Witch, witch ), On August 5, CBS Films and Entertainment One announced that the Guillermo del Toro film Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark would featured a cover of "Seasons of the Witch" by Lana Del Rey. Sold by Amazon.com Services LLC. Oh no, must be the season of the witch [Verse 1] "Season of the Witch" is a song by Scottish singer-songwriter Donovan released in September 1966 on his third American album, Sunshine Superman. The riff is pure feel. Your Amazon Music account is currently associated with a different marketplace. A day earlier, a well-known leaker revealed that the track runs at 4 minutes 7 seconds and features Lana’s breathy low register and higher vocals drowned in reverb.

However, their exact contributions, if any, to "Season of the Witch" are unknown. You've got to pick up every stitch (Gonna be) Witch, witch (from "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" soundtrack) When I look out my window. "[16], "Follow the Ever-Changing Ballad of Shawn Phillips", "Donovan: 'Season of the Witch' – Review", "Lana Del Rey Covers 'Season of the Witch' in New 'Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark' Trailer", "Lana Del Rey Releases "Looking For America" and "Season of the Witch": Listen", "Del Toro gets Hollywood star, urges immigrants to reject fear", "Lana Del Rey to present Guillermo Del Toro with his star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame", "Lana Del Rey Releases Two New Songs: Listen", "Lana Del Rey Gets Witchy with Donovan Cover for Guillermo del Toro Film", "Hear Lana Del Rey Cover Donovan's 'Season of the Witch' in 'Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark' Trailer", "Lana Del Rey Sings Season of the Witch for Scary Stories Movie", "Hear Lana Del Rey Cover "Season of the Witch" in New Scary Stories Trailer", "Le Top de la semaine : Top Singles Téléchargés", "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100", "Lana Del Rey Chart History - Hot Rock Songs", Troubadour: The Definitive Collection 1964–1976, Hope Is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have – but I Have It, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Season_of_the_Witch_(song)&oldid=981315316#Lana_Del_Rey_version, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 1 October 2020, at 15:37.