This interview gives a really comprehensive picture of how J.I.D went from being kicked out of school to kicked out of his house for a neck tattoo and moving in with EarthGang. sessions and how they influenced J.I.D’s process. This dude really deserves more popularity! This is a great interview to get a feel for how J.I.D’s approach is unique. This interview is in Brussels, Belgium, his second time touring in Europe. We’ve been touring for a minute.

You couldn't kill it and take it out of me, the ideology They talk about a past relationship that was the inspiration for “Hereditary,” where J.I.D dated a girl for years who was part of an all female family that he thought treated men really bad. He talks about being around the trapping environment that Gucci made east Atlanta infamous for. So it just gave me a different perspective on music.” – Destin Route, J.I.D (2019), J.I.D Talks New Album ‘DiCaprio 2,’ What Makes Bhad Bhabie an Exciting Rapper & Mac Miller’s Genius –, This interview mostly talks about J.I.D being in the. He learned a lot from watching his six older siblings grow up. No apologies for speaking how I feel, I silently swore solemnly

and thinks it could be his best yet. For an interview with a gimmick there’s a lot of good material about individual songs. He does his music work solo and doesn’t like other people to be involved really. I overthink and second guess myself a lot – but usually if I’m doing it by myself and I get to the finished product, they love it every time.” – Destin Route, J.I.D, J.I.D: Meet the J. Cole-Signed Rapper Against ‘Happy Trappers’ –. Probably have to rock that vest shit, you fuckin' with us

J.I.D has a feature coming up that he thinks is going to be huge (was this the T.I. I ain't meet that nigga 'til I was fifteen

is based on the energy that he gets from seeing how crowds reacted to certain things within his music.

I don’t really worry about myself until I’m done with what needs to be done.” – J.I.D for ‘Complex’ (2018). It started as a necessity, “Oh I gotta get this done, I gotta figure out something.” When I lock in on something, its like, “Okay, I really got to focus on it,” and I make something happen of it. You touch them, you kill me, you can't get close to none of us This interview is a lot of shooting the shit.

Watch how these niggas flip the script with the flick of they wrist J.I.D was able to stay away from the negatives in his environment by focusing on sports. This is a great interview to hear J.I.D talk about the focus that he puts on his live shows. “I started recording myself every single day, I didn’t leave. 'Cause if I don't succeed, I probably proceed violence And that’s cool ’cause I like to have a conversation before I jump into creating.” – Destin Route, J.I.D (2019), Did I miss any interviews that you know of? “I never been through nothing like that before. He gravitates toward quicker cadences, and he moves effortlessly through his verses. J.I.D and Trexxx talk a lot about the Atlanta sound and how he stands out and what that means for Atlanta hip-hop. “People could relate to not having shit. J.I.D discusses certain career moves that he’s made and how he’s going to make his spot in hip-hop.

Like, saying some shit? Mentions that he’s working on a project with No I.D. I wasn’t even, Verizon Up | Offstage with J.I.D: “Between the lyrics.” –. Now you can hear the complete story of his journey directly from J.I.D himself. He calls out the producer for “Slick Talk,” E Wonder, because the entire project had to be pushed back due to a sample that he couldn’t clear and never saying that it was a sample in the first place.

Something that had never been done, as far as my bloodline, my family and shit. was a great opening line. This interview is an odd one. I was blessed with a platform to have a lot of people hear my music. These changes correlate to how he feels about his comparison to DiCaprio coming from being underrecognized to winning an Oscar. Shit’s beautiful. “My style if probably just like a cumulation of different crazy ideas I came up with. We cataloged and analyzed every published interview he has ever … I can paint those pictures. Briefly covers how J.I.D was still able to succeed in the industry despite starting on music late and being homeless when he really started taking it seirously. This is a great longer interview if you have TIDAL and you have the time to listen or watch. J.I.D and Cole’s relationship was built very organically. That was the main thing. I’ma throw on blue.” I don’t give a fuck. “LAUDER,” the final, J. Cole produced track on The Never Story finds J.I.D opening up about his past, his dreams of going big in the rap industry, and what he believes he was born to accomplish. So that’s the most expressive connection I feel like.” – Destin Route, J.I.D (2017), BRUH with Awful Records: J.I.D – Awful Records –. He mentions Beyonce, Steve Lacy, Little Dragon, D’Angelo, Adele, and Brittany from Alabama Shakes.

N***as was tryna god damn feed yourself. [Verse 1] Southern lyricists don't exist like my flow is a myth I want y’all to see me as an artist at this stage in my career so you can appreciate where I go.

Since his grandma passed on August 8 J.I.D has been struggling with writer’s block, but he’s really excited for this upcoming project with NO I.D. One day they gon' hit my phone, hit the show, scream, clap for the kid I want to start, literally, start where I am right now.

“I wanna take it to the next level, I wanna do some alternative projects. Kicked them doors because we had a lot of energy (What you talkin' 'bout, homes?) In 2020 he’s really trying to get into film with a script that he calls, I always tell people, the first form of music being made was live performance. “Being able to be on stage and perform and say these things I wrote when I was by myself in my most vulnerable moments, seeing somebody rap word for word, that’s the best thing in the world…. The interview wraps up with J.I.D receiving a perfect score. “I feel like everything I drop is going to be just another piece of my story. He also wants to work with Tierra Whack, Ella Mai (which he did later on. J.I.D doesn’t like the situation that kids are put in by the system but at the same time he says that if that’s the situation you’re going to put us in then we’re going to do whatever we have to do.

Everybody loves the new kid in school, I’m like the new kid right now. Bitch. This is another pre-show interview about J.I.D’s background. He got into nature because his parents were from the country, so he’s been fishing and shooting guns from a young age. He knows that’s what it takes and he knows that’s what he has to put out to be the greatest and he just believes it’s that simple. His two favorite rap albums of 2018 were, Apparently Cole didn’t have a whole lot to do with. J.I.D and EarthGang got popular doing live shows in Atlanta by performing live over raw instrumentals, as opposed to rapping over their lyrics.

The world is full of different people and I was shocked when I got up and got out of Atlanta and seen like the world and shit. He would have denied Cole a verse on the album for that reason. I was into some other shit, but I was around some people who were into that shit… I was sensitive to my surroundings so it kinda helped me form my own ideas and then push it forward, and I just started to do music and stuff.”, J.I.D On Kendrick Comparisons, Turtle Tattoos & Wanting To Work With Jessie Reyez –. J.I.D was there while Mac was working on “Self Care” and it really gave him a respect for Mac not just as a producer but as a composer. He thinks Atlanta gets underrated because the people there are black. Southern lyricists don't exist like my flow is a myth I wouldn’t be around if it was anything other than that. When everyone in Spillage Village was living in the house they all had to work shitty odd jobs just to keep the lights on but they prioritized their recording equipment. Dot’s (of EARTHGANG) favorite Super Smash Bros Ultimate character is Fox.

The interview is split with video clips from the tour, making it exciting to watch J.I.D perform for a different crowd. It leveled everything out, it centered me.” – Destin Route, J.I.D (2019), Live at TIDAL x Dreamville Fest – Rap Radar –. “I grew up in a city with all black people. He lived in the car at one point after being kicked out of the house and it got him all through college.

Without J.I.D knowing, Brown was showing Cole his music the whole time and he came through their place when he was in Atlanta for the Forest Hills Drive tour to smoke and listen to music.

Every show is like a fingerprint: it’s never the same. Recently he quit smoking but at the same time, he started drinking heavier. For him it’s always been about getting to the top and he’s always been ready for this kind of pressure. As a young kid his father made him read all the time which later translated into his gift for writing. He thinks it has something to do with him being a troll before he was into music. The connection is that JID sees himself as a king too, and one that will make it to where he belongs.