The July 9, 1981 performance from this stand was used on the "Cover Me" release.

Springsteen didn’t sing the “Party Lights” verse at the end of the Jersey 4 Jersey telecast. My little angel gives me everything, Springsteen did add some unique touches to the song that made it his own. Bruce Springsteen, Tom Waits. #-----PLEASE NOTE-----# #This file is the author's own work and represents their interpretation of the # #song. Tom Waits est une influence majeure de plusieurs auteurs-compositeurs.

Connectez votre compte Spotify à votre compte Last.fm et scrobblez tout ce que vous écoutez, depuis n'importe quelle application Spotify sur n'importe quel appareil ou plateforme. Avez-vous quelques informations à nous donner sur ce titre ? Il fait plusieurs séances d'enregistrement avortées avant de parvenir à l'album "Closing Time", mélancolique et teinté de country en 1973. I know someday that she'll wear my ring. Shop: Billie Eilish's Manga-Inspired Murakami Collection Marked Down to $9 at UNIQLO, Stevie Wonder Releases First New Music in 15 Years, Ice Cube Tries to Explain What in the Hell He Was Thinking, Watch the Osbournes Go Ghost Hunting in ‘Night of Terror’ Trailer, These 3 Pieces of High-End Fitness Equipment Are Better Than Anything at the Gym, Miley Cyrus Makes Any Old Song Sound New Again During Her ‘Unplugged’ Concert, John Fogerty Sends Cease and Desist to Trump Campaign Over Use of ‘Fortunate Son’ at Rallies, Neil Young Releases Trailer for ‘Archives II 1972-1976’ Box Set, Veteran Sideman Brett Tuggle on His Years With Fleetwood Mac, David Lee Roth, and More. Accédez directement à la page des shouts. First off, he removed the Waits line “Don’t want no whores on Eighth Avenue” in favor of the gentler “or the girls out on the avenue.” But more importantly, he added an entire verse from his discarded 1979 tune “Party Lights” onto the end that frames the romance in a very different light. Album Heartattack and Vine. [1] The July 9 performance of "Jersey Girl" was used as the closing track of Springsteen's 1986 box set Live/1975-85, as Springsteen and producer Jon Landau felt it accurately represented the final phase of the loose story arc that connected the songs on the album together.[5]. Artiste: Tom Waits; Chanson: Jersey Girl 3 traductions; Traductions : français, grec, serbe traduction en français français. It got more exposure in 1984 when it appeared as the B side to “Cover Me.” Two years later, he included it on the Live 1975–85 box set. A A. Fille du Jersey. "Jersey Girl" is a song composed and originally sung by American singer-songwriter Tom Waits from his 1980 album Heartattack and Vine. Translation done by Steph8866.

“Jersey Girl” has become one of Bruce Springsteen’s most beloved odes to his home state even though it’s actually by Waits. Take my baby to the carnival, I'm on my way to see that girl of mine, Bruce Springsteen has no shortage of original songs about New Jersey that he could have played near the end of the Jersey 4 Jersey fundraising event on Wednesday night. Je n'ai pas le temps pour les garçons du coin, Qui font tout ce bruit en bas de la rue, Je ne veux pas de ces putains sur la huitième avenue, Car ce soir je vais être avec toi. © Copyright 2020 Rolling Stone, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske Business Media, LLC. It never fails to rev up a crowd and get them singing along to the “sha la la” chorus, but he’s done it just 48 times in the past 37 years and it’s often reserved for special nights in New Jersey. "Jersey Girl" is a song composed and originally sung by American singer-songwriter Tom Waits from his 1980 album Heartattack and Vine. Caso você queira reutilizá-la, por favor peça por permissão antes e sempre cite meu nome como o do autor. Jersey Girl Lyrics. Ce titre est présent dans les 3 albums suivants . That may be like learning that Brian Wilson didn’t pen “Surfer Girl” (he did), but “Jersey Girl” is a Tom Waits tune. Une nouvelle version de Last.fm est disponible. L'al…, Thomas Alan Waits est un compositeur, chanteur, musicien, acteur et réalisateur américain né à Pomona, en Californie, le 7 décembre 1949.

L'album reçoit un bon accueil critique mais ne connait le succès qu'en 1974 quand les Eagles reprennent un de ses titres, "Ol' 55". And I call your name, I can't sleep at night, Je ne veux pas de ces putains sur la huitième avenue. It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry, Creative Commons Attribution paternité partage à l’identique.

Ne sais-tu pas que tous mes rêves se réalisent. La carrière de Tom Waits débute à Los Angeles en…, Thomas Alan Waits est un compositeur, chanteur, musicien, acteur et réalisateur américain né à Pomona, en Californie, le 7 décembre 1949. Tu sais qu'elle me fait frissonner avec tous ses charmes. Sing sha la la la la la sha la la la.

Et je vous emmènerai tous sur les manèges. Instead, he went with “Jersey Girl.” It’s been a fan favorite ever since he first played it live on the River tour in 1981. Dites-nous ce que vous pensez du site Web de Last.fm. [8] One writer for The New York Times stated that "the Jersey girl, the one Tom Waits and Bruce Springsteen sing about, knows she'll get what she wants," and listed Springsteen's wife Patti Scialfa and Governor of New Jersey Christine Todd Whitman as examples that befit the song. Sha la la la la la la. Laisser un commentaire, Thomas Alan Waits est un compositeur, chanteur, musicien, acteur et réalisateur américain né à Pomona, en Californie, le 7 décembre 1949. [1], The song, performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, was released as the B-side of the 1984 single "Cover Me".

Commencer le wiki, I got no time for the corner boysDown in the street making all that noiseOr the girls out on the avenue'Cause tonight I wanna be with youTonight…, Vous ne voulez pas voir de publicités ?Mettez à niveau maintenant. Want more Rolling Stone?

You may only use this file for private study, scholarship, or research. And I'll take you on all the rides, Produced by Bones Howe. Blueberry). Nothin' else matters in this whole wide world, Its appearances then became even rarer, being picked to open the last of 15 Meadowlands shows in 1999 on the Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band Reunion Tour – as what The New York Times termed "a reward for [the fans'] faith and perseverance,"[6] close the last of 10 shows at New Jersey's Giants Stadium in 2003 on The Rising Tour, and be the next-to-last song in the three-show run at Giants Stadium in 2008 on the Magic Tour. Alors ne m'embête pas car je n'ai pas le temps. Vous devez utiliser Javascript pour voir les shouts sur cette page. It was basically the Tom Waits rendition minus the “whores” line, which probably seemed like the right choice considering the occasion.

[7], The song is sometimes erroneously associated with the "Jersey Girl" cultural stereotype, but in fact it makes no mention of most of the traits — such as big hair — usually associated with that stereotype. Waits and Springsteen sang it together at a 1981 show at the Brendan Byrne Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey. This is my first experiment with 'sha la la. The Jersey Girl is suddenly drained after a long day at a job she hates. The song was played as the first fan requested song at his October 3, 2009 show and was the final song performed during the last October 9, 2009 show before the demolition of Giants Stadium. Ses chansons ont parfois été rendues célèbres par certaines reprises, comme Jersey Girl par Bruce Springsteen et Tom Traubert’s Blues par Rod Stewart. Tradução feita por Steph8866.

'Cause tonight I'm gonna take that ride, There’s not even a hint of darkness or despair. Waits wrote the song for his future wife Kathleen Brennan, who had been living in New Jersey. Because the Springsteen version of the song was more played on radio and because Springsteen was often associated with New Jersey, it was not unusual for people to mistakenly think Springsteen had written it. Traduction réalisée par Steph8866.

Je n'ai pas le temps pour les garçons du coin. Down in the street makin' all that noise, Dites-nous ce que vous pensez du site Web de Last.fm.

Got no time for the corner boys, You know she thrills me with all her charms, [9], Bill Janovitz writing for AllMusic feels it is one of Waits' most tender songs, and that it captures a feeling of romantic longing despite its somewhat gritty details. Et j'appelle ton nom, je n'arrive pas à dormir la nuit, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-ROB8kI_fw, Nikos Makropoulos - Σκόνη και θρύψαλα (Skoni kai thripsala), Sunny Day Service - OH!ブルーベリー (OH! When I'm wrapped up in my baby's arms,

Down the shore everything's alright,

Jersey Girl Tom Waits. Traverser la rivière sur la rive du Jersey. Renee Cologne covered the song on her 2019 release, This page was last edited on 11 August 2020, at 22:56. (Many other “Party Lights” lyrics were later used on “Point Blank.” And “Atlantic City” also has a line where the narrator instructs a woman to “put your makeup on” before they head out.). The Waits version is about an idyllic evening with his love at a carnival in New Jersey where they dream about a life together. Sign up for our newsletter. Waits himself hasn’t played the song a single time since a 1999 gig at the Orpheum Theater in Vancouver. Écoutez Jersey Girl par Tom Waits - Anthology Of Tom Waits. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. Découvrez plus de 56 millions de titres, créez et écoutez vos propres playlists et partagez vos titres préférés avec vos amis. La carrière de Tom Waits débute à Los Angeles en 1971 quand il signe avec Herb Cohen, manager …. In case you want to reprint it, please ask for permission first and always cite my name as its author.

So don't bother me cause I got no time, (Check out this video of Waits singing the song alone at a 1986 gig in San Remo, Italy.).

[3] Springsteen slightly rewrote it to replace a Waits line about "whores on Eighth Avenue" with "the girls out on the avenue", and added a verse about taking "that little brat of yours and drop[ping] her off at your mom's"[4] (This line was originally written for "Party Lights", an out-take from The River, which wasn't officially released until 2015). Deezer : musique en streaming gratuite. Hopefully when this all ends, Waits and Springsteen will both hit the road for long overdue tours.