It’s different but it’s not. It makes you feel like you’re back in time watching E.T.

Entertainment Weekly is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. But this is the first … [and] only song I’ve written with women, only women, and produced by a woman. We’ll have more than America’s independence to celebrate as season 3 of. inspired album? The album will be called Stranger Songs and, according to Billboard, will be timed to the premiere of Stranger Things season 3. “It just started as this little seed.”.

I don’t think it necessarily has to be something that you’ve experienced. season 3 hits Netflix July 4th. The single “Jealous,” for example, channels Eleven’s (Millie Bobby Brown) emotions after seeing her crush with another girl, while “Freak Show” is an anthem for the series’ outcasts.

Hey Kid She’s previously teased that her next album would be inspired by the Netflix show. And I think that’s what I write about, that’s what I sing about and that’s what the show does really beautifully.”. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. In an interview with CNET, Michaelson discusses her personal connection to the series and how she started to craft an album around it, saying, “It must have been about a year and a half ago.

By Chelsea Steiner Jun 30th, 2019, 3:17 pm You can listen to “Jealous” from the album below.

Stranger Songs Tracklist:01. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. “But he wishes there was,” says Michaelson, laughing. The lyrics are different because you have to tell more of a story and push a plot forward, whereas you don’t necessarily have to do that in pop writing. There’s an 80s influence with some synth and electronica, but the songs retain Michaelson’s signature lyricism and poignancy. Sitemap 06. When we reached out to them [Netflix], they were very cool and even let me use their font for my name on the album artwork. “This show brings me back to a place of safety and comfort when everything seemed simple. Pop writing can be very formulaic but with a musical you have a lot more freedom to kind of meander and explore different things. That’s what I think music should do.

Ingrid Michaelson’s New Album Inspired by Stranger Things Is an Ode to Nostalgia The album of the summer has landed. There’s a song called “Mother” that is about Will missing his mother and also about Eleven searching for her mother. Well, Eleven obviously. I want the Stranger Things fans to really dig and find all the Easter eggs, but eventually make the song fit their life and help them. Below, find the album artwork and tracklist. But we all feel the same things in one form or another and in varying degrees of intensity.

It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. British ‘Married at First Sight’ star shows off bloody photos from machete attack, Meghan Markle outfit and jewels for ‘deja vu’ official portrait total $382K, AJ McLean recalls first his first time trying cocaine before Backstreet Boys video shoot, Boston News Anchor Says She Was Fired For ‘Hubie Halloween’ Cameo, © 2020 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Why 'Stranger Things' star almost quit acting because of 'Game of Thrones', Netflix offers free streaming of 'Bird Box,' 'Stranger Things' and more, Natalia Dyer: My young 'Stranger Things' co-stars are 'over-sexualized', ‘Tiger King’ lands 34M viewers in first 10 days, surpassing ‘Stranger Things 2’. Stranger Songs is available now wherever music is sold. Sound off in the comments below! So all these songs are just about the human condition in one way or the other. Hate You

I just want people to listen and to make the songs about them. Even gone-too-soon Barb (Shannon Purser) gets her due in “Best Friend.”, Each song, says Michaelson, “can be seen one way, then another.” But that’s how music is anyway.

And also, again being that I have seen people pass and I know what that is like, I think there’s something about loss and death and life and living your life as best as you can and loving as best as you can. You did theater growing up. It’s the best kind of escapism and I find myself seeking that now more than ever,” Michaelson said in a statement. Ingrid Michaelson's new album is out June 28. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. 04.

She’s previously teased that her next album would be inspired by the, that’s really comforting, it brings me back to my childhood. Millie Bobby Brown and Sadie Sink in a scene from Season 3 of "Stranger Things." “I’ve created a very personal connection with it.”, Entertainment Weekly sat down with Michaelson ahead of the release of her first single, “Missing You,” from her soon-to-be-released album Stranger Songs, to learn more about what motivated this era of nostalgia. What do you hope fans who don’t watch the show get from this music? She’s also working on a stage musical adaptation of The Notebook. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. I wasn’t cast as the lead originally, I was a secondary character. The first issue of the comic hits shelves May 29. World champion's affair rocks Olympic swimming world, Text messages show raw and intimate exchange between Joe and Hunter Biden, Airport officials strike gold searching passenger’s butt, News anchor fired for cameo in Adam Sandler movie.

Last month, Dark House announced it will release its first Stranger Things prequel comic series called Stranger Things: Six. Especially after losing my parents, the idea of living in that space, even for an hour at a time, is not only intoxicating, it’s necessary. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Entertainment Weekly may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website.

I think that is pretty great. The singer-songwriter announced on social media that she’s making a whole record inspired by the Duffer Brothers’ totally ’80s Netflix series.