After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. His family lacks respect for him despite his achievements. From National Book Award finalist and the New York Times bestselling author of The Year ... From National Book Award finalist and the New York Times bestselling author of The Year

Condition: Good. I don't remember Catch-22 being anywhere near this bad. This by virtue of its context, is a funny/sad look. Very minimal writing or notations in margins not affecting the text. More information about this seller Paperback. Bruce Gold is, there is no mistaking, a Jew. Published by And then there were all those digressions about Kisse. Unsold pilot for a sitcom inspired by the star Elon Gold's experiences while growing up with two brothers in a Jewish household. It was odd and brilliant at the same time.

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 30, 2019, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 14, 2015. About this Item: Simon & Schuster, 1997. . Heller puts in references to himself, and it seems like this. Condition: GOOD. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. About this Item: Simon & Schuster. It did. About this Item: Simon & Schuster, 1997. I thought this book just might be what I needed to put all of vehemence of our current election into a proper humorous perspective. 408 pages. Seller Inventory # 3206212936. Something went wrong. 23. His portrait of life in New York among an extended Jewish family is telling and intriguing. Far from being as good as gold, this book was bad. I started out thinking that this book was okay, definitely not one of Heller's best, but witty and insightful in parts. Hardcover. Clean. And then there were all those digressions about Kissenger. Seller Inventory # 3151615774. The text is in nice condition. Only his wife is kind and decent, yet, he lies and cheats on her repeatedly. Very minimal writing or notations in margins not affecting the text. Error rating book. 18. Condition: VERY GOOD. Hardcover.

Dust Jacket Condition: Good. Quotes By Joseph Heller. | Contact this seller

Condition: VERY GOOD. I would still recommend this book to others. Simon and Schuster, ISBN 10: 0671229230ISBN 13: 9780671229238, From: (Grand Prairie, TX, U.S.A.), About this Item: Simon and Schuster, 1979. As a fan of Heller's other works, I had high expectations for this book. Minimal wear. --- --- Heller's humorous satire is about a Jewish family seen against the backdrop of American politics, which are portrayed as corrupt and absurd. About this Item: Simon and Schuster. Very minimal writing or notations in margins not affecting the text. There are many things I would like to do again. Heller takes on the government and the Jewish experience in America. Follows the same path as Something Happened. Welcome back. No, I will not be sending it back. ", “Gold was not sure of many things, but he was definite about one: for every successful person he knew, he could name at least two others of greater ability, better, and higher intelligence who, by comparison, had failed.”, “We have no ideas, and they're pretty firm.”. Pro Quo Books Clearly, this novelist ranks among the finest American satirists and performs a great service to readers insofar as satirists not only speak truth to corrupt power but diminish it … Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free.

Seller Inventory # 3300934590. Heller's second premise for the novel is to write a book about what it means to experience being a Jew in America in the 20th century. Gold presents an unenviable position as the unloved, geeky second son of a middle-class immigrant American family. About this Item: Simon and Schuster. And it't not even the best part. 2. Hardcover. Gold reminded me of the protagonist, John Self, of Martin Amis in "Money" in that one of the greatest absurdities is why he behaves as he does.

It is a narrative about the experience of bigotry, stereotyping and profiling. Condition: Good. Dust Jacket Condition: Good. Spine creases, wear to binding and pages from reading. Learn how to enable JavaScript on your browser, ©1997-2020 Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Inc. 122 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10011. The main character is selfish, immoral, petty, and just about any other bad attribute you can think of. Condition: GOOD. | Contact this seller Tanenhaus said something about this being laugh out loud funny and after twenty pages he's been proven right. Clearly, this novelist ranks among the finest American satirists and performs a great service to readers insofar as satirists not only speak truth to corrupt power but diminish it … Possible clean ex-library copy, with their stickers and or stamp(s). Only his wife is kind and decent, yet, he lies and cheats on her repeatedly. Great condition for a used book! The year was 1979. It is way better than "Something Happen".