140. KidKraft Furniture Boat: Your toddler can float away to dreamland on this boat-shaped cot. It had become our own running joke, applicable to almost anything. While a leisure venue has existed on the Margate site since the 1870s, it was not until 1920 that John Henry Iles transformed it into the pleasure garden and amusement park we know today.. Ancient, Mariner, marvellous, mastery, over, delightfully, fortuitous, inconsequence, adamantine, Yes, I'd like to receive Word of the Day emails from YourDictionary.com.

"Dreamland Australia" is to guide people who would like to migrate to Australia with all necessary information. Create an account and sign in to access this FREE content. ", “She was just a shell of her former self, functioning and talking but hardly alive.”, “It’s so easy to get caught up in what people expect of you. Last 300 years. The words were faint but firm in the same tone Katie had taken with him in the dreamland. 2. dreamland cottage peacefully sits on a dairy farm in the scenic Golden Vale. Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. 172. and everything else fell away.”.

Since her dream, she'd heard him even when she was awake. I thought it was every nurse's dream to marry a doctor. Synonyms for dreamland include fairyland, paradise, cloud-cuckoo-land, Eden, fantasy, heaven, illusion, cloudland, Shangri-La and Utopia.

“I'd heard of Evergreen Care Center before. Error rating book. There's just os much wrong that I can't imagine the shame in admitting even the tiniest part of it. Sometimes, you can just lose yourself”.

You hail from Dream-land, Dragon-fly?A stranger hither? ", “It's funny how someone's perception of you can be formed without you even knowing it.”, “I couldn't tell her. Ontdek elke dag straffe deals en leuke nieuwigheden. “If you didn't love him, this never would have happened. As long as I didn't say it aloud, it wasn't real.”, “I had this wild thought that he was the only one in all this chaos who was just like me, and that was comforting and profound all at once.”, “Wake up, Caitlin, Mr. Lensing had said. you the bright eye is towing me, will let me defend in the, 27 We have found a road to the garden to the, 28 We've all heard of warm milk's magical ability to send us off to, 29 She travelled with the Ringling Brothers Circus and appeared at Coney Island 's, 30 After nightfall, the sparkling lights make the entire Bund and Pudong New Area a fantastic. All Years Fortunately, Death's assassin didn't wait long to shake her. Catch some ZZZs: When falling asleep is a struggle, many turn to lavender for its ability to lull them to dreamland. I started to seek out facts, just to stump him, but it never worked. Tags: "We can't heal you at Evergreen", the very somber voiceover said. In the same sentence he says the Dreamlands that many know is a "general land of vision". And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom. 3. There are also rare and beautiful moments when I see and hear in Dreamland.

An imaginary world experienced while dreaming. Another word for dreamland. That period was a very Dreamland of culture. “All we had was her room, her stories, and the quiet that settled in as we tried in vain to spread ourselves out and fill the space she'd left behind.”, “We laughed ourselves silly, taking back our shared past, gently, piece by piece.”. In dreamland social distinctions did not exist, and hard and tyrannical fathers were unknown. When I lifted it up to my eye it was like I crawled into the lens, losing myself there. 176.
Sometimes, you can just lose yourself.”, “Behind the camera, I was invisible. dreamland. The argument is developed with convincing ingenuity, but it may be doubted whether it has permanently " rescued Odin from the misty dreamland of mythology and restored him to history.". You, hail, stranger, hither, IAnd, sooth, wonder, us. Example sentences from the Collins Corpus. You must be living in dreamland if you think he'll change his mind. Terms of Use | An imagined world that is ideal yet unrealistic; a fantasy. ...a dreamland of snowy moonlit peaks and twinkling lights. Something's happening to me. Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge! Dreamland definition, a pleasant, lovely land that exists only in dreams or the imagination; the region of reverie. View usage for: That girl over there looks like she's in dreamland. The thumping of footsteps, running up the lawn toward me: It seemed like I could hear it through the grass, like leaning your ear to a railroad track and feeling the train coming, miles away.

a specially designed box or safe in which valuables are locked for safety, 'Hepatomegaly' and 'hydronephrosis' are among the most frequently looked-up words in September. But what he didn't under­stand was that this dreamland was preferable, walking through this life half-sleeping, everything at arm's length or farther away.”, “Your mother won a special reward," she told me, "because everyone had a head in her pictures. I understood those mermaids.I didn't care if they sang to me.All I wanted was to block out all the human voices as they called me name again and again,pulling me upward into light,to drown.” Privacy Policy. Under enlightened caliphs, the Arabs in Spain developed a civilization which, during the whole of the middle ages up to the Renaissance, exercised pregnant influence upon every department of human knowledge. Today, 9 October, is the penultimate day of this year’s World Space Week, a UN event launched in 1999.

These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. “But what he didn't understand was that this dreamland was preferable,walking through this life half-sleeping,everything at arm's length or farther away. It's like I'm shrinking smaller and smaller and I can't stp it. But he'd been all I'd had, all this time. “I jammed my hand in my jacket pocket, bracing myself fo the next hit, and fel something. 146. Ah, the pranks that the nixies of Dreamland play on us while we sleep! By continuing, you agree to our It was a lucid dream; half awake, half asleep. quiet, steeps, waters, rams, bell, rings, neath, arch, stars. Copyright © 2016 sentencedict.com All Rights Reserved Contact: Meaning: n. a pleasing country existing only in dreams or imagination. Translations of the phrase IS IN DREAMLAND from english to dutch and examples of the use of "IS IN DREAMLAND" in a sentence with their translations: Leo is in dreamland . 35 sentence examples: 1. Dreamland definition: If you describe a place as a dreamland , you mean that it is so beautiful it is hard to... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples It was then that he created Dreamland and opened the famous Scenic Railway to the public.. A series of large-scale events, new art commissions … Read in: 4 minutes Favorite quote from the author: period, culture, Under, enlightened, caliphs, Spain, developed, civilization, whole. and Today (July 3) Dreamland celebrates its 100th birthday.

A stranger hither? Please set a username for yourself. How to use dreamland in a sentence. Last 10 years While in Margate Anderson shot his own short film, O Dreamland, an unsettling depiction of a seaside amusement park. Katie awoke from the dreamland and sat up groggily. (...) Yet this Spanish-Arabic period bequeathed to us such magnificent tokens of architectural skill, of scientific research, and of philosophic thought, that far from regarding it as a fancy's dream, we know it to be one of the corner-stone of civilization. ; He was so morbidly shy from living alone in his dreamland that he could not open a letter without trembling. Unfortunately, the trip to dreamland was short in duration. Welcome back. Little Keills Tayvallich, Argyll - truly ancient Scotland, this is an enchanting, mysterious, stunning, dreamland. Now, while it is important that your child learns how to fall asleep on her own, there are certain steps you can take to encourage her to sail off into dreamland.

‘The name ‘Dreamland’ came from people commenting that the Northwest is a dreamland for skaters.’ ‘This is just pathetic, and is further evidence of the dreamland that California is living in.’ ‘At the same time he paints a sad picture of the dreamland inhabited by his drunks, druggies and small-time punks.’ You, hail, stranger, hither, sooth, wonder, We, us, His are the quiet steeps of Dreamland, The waters of no-more-pain; His ram’s bell rings ‘neath an arch of stars, “Rest, rest, and rest again.”, Tags: Copyright © 2020 LoveToKnow. "And famous for her commercials. 1-Sentence-Summary: Dreamland blows open the story of the United States’ opioid crisis, from the frustrating greed and oversight that created it, how drug dealers accelerated it’s spread, and what we’re doing now to stop it. Last 50 years
There are some words that seem to be of perennial interest, so if you compare the list of words that were looked up most often in March with the words that were looked up most often in September, you will find a lot of words appearing on both lists. dream. Find more ways to say dreamland, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. We were comfortable with each other's flaws and weaknesses, so we stuck together and kept to ourselves.”, “Rogerson," I asked him sweetly as we sat watching a video in the pool house, "where would I find the pelagic zone? “But what he didn't understand was that this dreamland was preferable,walking through this life half-sleeping,everything at arm's length or farther away. All rights reserved. A really mean witch has turned Dreamland into a painting and robbed Kirby of his limbs. From moonshoot to balconing: discover the latest words added to the Collins Dictionary.

“And she was good to me: strong, fun, and fiercely loyal. Refresh and try again. needs to be approached in a realistic manner. Like I'm half-asleep, and I can't wake up, can't wake up....”, “I was running from one problem or place to another, with no time left to study, or sleep, or just, “Can she be divorced?" 352.