... Movies Like The Day the Earth Stood Still. A Classic I Recommend to Sci-Fi Fans and Film Buffs, Reviewed in the United States on July 28, 2016. Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started. Though certain aspects (mainly aesthetics, specific politics and the science) may be dated, the overall messages and observations of American society, and humankind as a whole, still ring true. Disney + Pixar + Marvel + Star Wars + Nat Geo, Get unlimited access to the largest streaming library with limited ads, Stream on up to 4 devices at the same time. Some platforms allow you to rent The Day the Earth Stood Still for a limited time or purchase the movie and download it to your device. This is one of the first of the 1950s flying saucer movies and arguably the best. ​​As an alien spaceship lands on Earth, for if the people of the earth do not change their preponderance for war and conflict then their Galactic neighbours will intercede on the Planets’ affairs. This is the best version of this brilliant film, its in Full Screen and the sound is in 5.1, and the picture plus sound is very nice, it comes with loads of special features, plus a nice booklet, this is ten times better than the average blu-ray release. Download The Day the Earth Stood Still, Watch Online,Sci fi The Day the Earth Stood Still is a 2008 American science fiction film, a loose adaptation of the 1951 film of the same name. $2.99. Puteți controla funcțiile playerului folosind aceste scurtături: O selecție foarte mare de filme și seriale poate fi găsită pe. The leads are all well cast, though some of the smaller parts get pretty wooden. Copyright © 2008 - filmehd.to. Reviewed in the United States on August 23, 2015. Descarcă Filmul. The character of Klaatu aka Michael Rennie plays the visiting alien with a genteel meticulous fashion while coming over as being charmingly suave and cosmopolitan to those he meets. The Day the Earth Stood Still is available to watch and stream, buy on demand at Amazon, Vudu, Google Play, iTunes, YouTube VOD online. Sign in to see videos available to you. Reviewed in the United States on April 30, 2019. From. Keanu Reeves is an alien who arrives on Earth with a warning for mankind: stop poisoning the planet or face extermination. It was regarded by some as proof of Communist influence in the movie industry in that McCarthy-dominated era (one of its major actors was blacklisted.) Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Toate Drepturile Rezervate. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 16, 2015. In its opening week, the film took top spot at the U.S. box office and went on to gross over $233 million worldwide. FILME HD - FILMEHD Online Subtitrate, aici puteți viziona filme online subtitrate fără reclame stresante. I found it quite enjoyable and a much better film than some reviews seem to indicate. Helen increasingly believes Klaatu's motives and determines to shield him from discovery. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links on this page. From. My reason for two stars has nothing to do with the contents on the actual discs - the film is as brilliant as it ever was, all the extras are fantastic, excellent value for money. An alien emissary gives a dramatic demonstration of power when he attempts to warn mankind about the folly of atomic experimentation. The Day the Earth Stood Still is an Science Fiction movie that was released in 1951 and has a run time of 1 hr 32 min. Okay, this film produced post WWII sparked other Sci-fi films down this road, despite it's age the underlying story remains good, and if you like black & white film with all it's shades of colour, and great angle shots, this will make your evening viewing worth it... and leads you on, to an interesting plot, that today may seem stinted or under played; however the acting is truly good and in character too, not overly played if you understand the political situation of it's time 1951. It's available to watch on TV, online, tablets, phone. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 21, 2019. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. The Day the Earth Stood Still is available to watch and stream, buy on demand at Amazon, Vudu, Google Play, iTunes, YouTube VOD online. Michael Rennie as Klaatu is a compellingly sympathetic alien and Patricia Neal as Helen is a well-developed and brave every-woman character in an era when many women were often relegated to love interests or living props. Whether it's the two medical doctors smoking in a military hospital or Gort's powerful ray melting a tank, everything about this film is classic; right down to Klaatu's instructions for preventing Gort from destroying the world - "Gort; Klaatu barada nikto! The atmosphere of this movie is pure 1950's - capitalizing on the genuine fear that flying saucers or nuclear war could snuff us out at the speed of a gamma ray. Aliens land in Washington D.C. but the not the kind you would expect. The Day The Earth Stood Still 1951 Addeddate 2016-06-05 14:59:16 Identifier The.Day.The.Earth.Stood.Still1951 ... My father was an army musician and it was probably the first full-featured film that I had ever seen in my young life. Overall this is a classic film that is both a piece of mid-20th century history and an enjoyable science-fiction story. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Video availability outside of United States varies. To add maybe a touch of melodrama to the piece, and a little bit help for Klaatu comes in the form of Patricia Neal as women disposed to love and her son Billy Gray as a clean-cut American youngster with an enquiring mind and no father figure. Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. Classic 1950s sci fi film. Reviewed in the United States on August 29, 2018. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 31, 2016. The many extra features on the Blu-ray disc alone justify the purchase. The screenplay by David Scarpa is … Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Reviewed in the United States on October 19, 2016. Marchează ca vizionat. Disclaimer: Acest website nu hosteaza niciun film pe serverele proprii. The Day the Earth Stood Still is a 2008 American science fiction film, a loose adaptation of the 1951 film of the same name. Browse the latest Amazon Prime from with Yidio. in my option; re-makes NEVER give the same sense of adventure once your hooked on the original; otherwise take a viewing of this film, I be surprised if you don't like it, that is unless your not a Science Fiction fan. The screenplay by David Scarpa is based on the 1940 classic science fiction short story "Farewell to the Master" by Harry Bates and on the 1951 screenplay adaptation by Edmund H. North. It was regarded by some as proof of Communist influence in the movie industry in that McCarthy-dominated era (one of its major actors was blacklisted.) Reprezentant al unei rase extraterestre care a trecut printr-o evoluție drastică pentru a supraviețui propriilor schimbări climatice, Klaatu vine pe Pământ pentru a evalua dacă umanitatea poate preveni daunele aduse mediului pe care le-au suferit pe propria lor planetă. It's one of the first to portray aliens in a positive light, and champions multilateral cooperation to boot! It has received poor reviews from critics and viewers, who have given it an IMDb score of 7.7. Travelling or based outside United States? The narrative is a relatively simple one, but the message is powerful. No, my beef lies with the fact this product was sold as a "Steelbook" edition, which, as the name suggests, should be in a metal case, not a plastic one with a cardboard sleeve. There's a problem loading this menu right now. "From out of space... A warning and an ultimatum". Your favorites, all in one place. Bernard Herrmann's score meshes perfectly with the script, years before he polished off North by Northwest, Vertigo or Psycho. Klaatu (Keanu Reeves), an extraterrestrial visitor to planet Earth, becomes the herald of upheaval on a global scale. According to the "making of" feature, the producers ultimately decided against casting Spencer Tracy and Claude Rains as Klaatu, preferring to use an unknown Michael Rennie which time has proven to be the right choice. This is the message Klaatu (Michael Rennie) brings to the peoples of the earth. 14A,10-12 PG,PG-13,-10,14,G,SAM 13,M,B15,15,12, 14A,B15,15 r,13+,R,14,18A,SAM 16,16,K16,15,MA 15+. Stream & Watch Online Powered by JustWatch. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Intră și bucură-te de mii de filme online subtitrate..filmehd.to. Where to Watch Full Cast & Crew Buy DVD. My memory of seeing the movie as a child was being scared by the big robot, but in later years it's become a favorite. Still a classic; The Day The Earth Stood Still(1951), Reviewed in the United States on January 19, 2017. This review is for the 1951 original, NOT the abysmal Keanu Reeves remake. Select the department you want to search in. It's one of the first to portray aliens in a positive light, and champions multilateral cooperation to boot! Escaping his capture and befriended by a young widow, Helen and her son they learn about each other's differing cultures. These, a seemingly human man, Klaatu and a powerful robot, Gort bring a message of peace but are met with violence and distrust. The film was originally scheduled for release on May 9, 2008, but was released on a roll-out schedule beginning December 12, 2008, screening in both conventional and IMAX theaters. My reason for purchasing this version of the film (I already have it on dvd - twice) was because of the steelbook element, giving it a special, more classy feel - sadly, I was disappointed. However, he is thwarted in his efforts and soon realises that other methodologies may ​be needed to convince the powers that be. The Day the Earth Stood Still is a 2008 American science fiction film, a loose adaptation of the 1951 film of the same name. Download The Day the Earth Stood Still, Watch Online,Sci fi It follows Klaatu, an alien sent to try to change human behavior or eradicate humans from Earth. The Day the Earth Stood Still is a milestone in the history of sci-fi movies. $3.99. Still, the Blu-Ray version should be welcomed by all fans of the first golden age of sci-fi cinema. From. Puteți controla funcțiile playerului folosind aceste scurtături: Enter/Space M 0-9 F J L Dacă un server nu este funcțional, nu va faceți griji, veți fi redirecționat către unul funcțional automat.