After years of subpar drafts, the Jets have little to show on the back of their roster. After two dismal years with the Giants, though, I just can't justify grabbing Solder, who has the ninth-largest cap hit among non-quarterbacks in the league. DB Trayvon Henderson ($675,000) Coutee has averaged 1.55 yards per route as a pro over the past two years, right in line with guys such as Sterling Shepard (1.50), Danny Amendola (1.53) and Cobb (1.57). DT Kawann Short ($19,464,000) Our most expensive player and our likely Week 1 starting quarterback will be Brissett, whose 50.1 Total QBR in 2019 was actually better than that of his replacement, Philip Rivers (48.6). • Picking offseason winners and losers ».

WR De'Anthony Thomas ($775,000) My pick: LB Olasunkanmi Adeniyi ($755,000) Yiadom has failed to impress since being drafted in the third round in 2018, and I'm not sure he is going to develop into a starter. Let's try to see what one of those teams might look like if the league decided to expand overnight, following most of the rules from the Texans' expansion draft. Rosen has no future with the Dolphins after they drafted Tua Tagovailoa, and the team would save $5.2 million over the next two years by letting him leave. RB Brandon Bolden ($1,987,500) The standout salary here belongs to Price, a 2018 first-round pick who just hasn't been very good as a pro. CB Duke Shelley ($706,960) RB Buddy Howell ($750,000) • Ranking offseasons from first to worst »

WR Devin Smith ($825,000)

WR Spencer Schnell ($610,000) My pick: LB Olasunkanmi Adeniyi ($755,000) My pick: TE Luke Willson ($887,500) Nickerson, who has bounced around three organizations over his first two years, will compete for work as a slot corner. WR Brandon Zylstra ($750,000) CB Mazzi Wilkins ($676,000) As we sit here in June, I'll have to make some slight changes to the rules to account for the different timing. CB Greg Mabin ($825,000) LB Josiah Tauaefa ($675,000). The 25-year-old would be a nice upside play under the right circumstances, but we're going to go for more talented interior linemen available elsewhere. The roster is already full with six wide receivers, although I suspect guys like Dulin and Doss would be competing for roster spots. Instead, we'll go for one player on either side of the ball. This eliminates any 2020 draft picks or undrafted free agents. Jones started for the Giants at center during their disastrous 2017 campaign before being sent to the Vikings the following year. Inside journey of Steelers' Chase Claypool, from Canada to NFL record books, Source: Patriots reopen facility after positive test, Jaguars close facility after positive COVID test, Ravens' B. Williams on Reserve/COVID-19 list, Source: OBJ to rejoin Browns after negative test, Jets DC Williams' cryptic remark adds to tension, Broncos RB Gordon, TE Fant out against Patriots, Source: Bell can make up to $1.69M with Chiefs, NFL conditionally reinstates free-agent DE Irving, Guide to every Week 6 NFL game: Picks, matchup nuggets, more, Green Bay Rodgerses vs. Tampa Bay Bradys? There's not going to be an expansion draft in real life, but this should give us a sense of what's happening on the bottom of NFL rosters. The Seahawks use plenty of tight ends, but after signing Greg Olsen, bringing back Jacob Hollister and Will Dissly, and using a fourth-round pick on Colby Parkinson, Willson's roster spot is in question. WR De'Anthony Thomas ($775,000) Can the 1-4 Vikings still be a playoff team? It won't materially impact the players each team makes available, although a few veterans on questionable contracts were released to the open market when they would have been made available to our expansion team. Our most expensive player and our likely Week 1 starting quarterback will be Brissett, whose 50.1 Total QBR in 2019 was actually better than that of his replacement, Philip Rivers (48.6). My pick: DE Deatrich Wise Jr. ($2,278,140)

It won't materially impact the players each team makes available, although a few veterans on questionable contracts were released to the open market when they would have been made available to our expansion team. Carolina couldn't free up that space via a traditional cut or trade. He'll figure in as a runner, but he is more likely to make an impact as our kick returner. Williams can be an impactful downfield receiver when healthy, and the price isn't unreasonable, as the 28-year-old has no guaranteed or dead money on his deal after this season. It might be even more surprising to suggest that an expansion team wouldn't claim Short at that price tag, but it just wouldn't be good value given his recent history. • Postponed CFB seasons » | Opt-outs » They would love to move on from Bell's lofty contract, but despite suggestions at the trade deadline, no team wants to take on the money owed to the former Steelers star, let alone give up a meaningful player or draft pick in return.

My pick: WR Tyrell Williams ($11,100,000) These five players combined for just 76 snaps on either offense or defense a year ago. With Shaheen an injury risk and Vander Laan's aptitude for the position in question, Willson gives us a solid two-way tight end who we can drop directly into the lineup. My pick: G Andrew Norwell ($12,000,000) The cap was a much bigger concern in 2002, which led teams to make plenty of expensive players available. With Rob Gronkowski joining the team, it's difficult to imagine the Bucs carrying five tight ends and keeping Hudson on the roster. My pick: DT Bruce Hector ($750,000) My pick: RB Kerrith Whyte ($675,000) Hodges is the most famous player on this list after stepping in as Pittsburgh's third starting quarterback last season; but after posting a 30.1 Total QBR, he looks like a replacement-level backup. OT Nate Solder ($19,500,000) Brissett has been a low-risk, low-reward option over his two stretches as a starter with the Colts, averaging 6.6 yards per attempt in 2017 and matching that rate last season. It would take years for this organization to blossom, and it was a different era of roster-building and development when the Jaguars and Panthers made playoff runs in their second seasons.
It might be even more surprising to suggest that an expansion team wouldn't claim Short at that price tag, but it just wouldn't be good value given his recent history. This includes information about the number of visitors to the site, what pages visitors view on our site and how long visitors are viewing pages on the site.

WR Trenton Irwin ($610,000), • Grading the Cam Newton signing » The former Chargers receiver had his first season with the Raiders wrecked by a toe injury, and his long-term spot on the roster is likely going to be taken by Henry Ruggs III. DT Kentavius Street ($827,550) My pick: QB Jacoby Brissett ($21,375,000)

It's unclear whether he'll be healthy enough to play in Week 1, and in addition to his $15.5 million cap hit, the Eagles would owe $10.7 million in dead money if they release him after this season.
Carolina couldn't free up that space via a traditional cut or trade. The 1967 National Football League expansion draft was a National Football League (NFL) … My pick: QB Josh Rosen ($2,169,796)

LB Robert Spillane ($675,000) Shaheen was ticketed as Chicago's tight end of the future when general manager Ryan Pace selected him in the second round of the 2017 draft, but the Ashland product hasn't been able to translate his athleticism into production or stay healthy. He still has $1.5 million in guaranteed money left on his deal in 2020. OL Conor McDermott ($825,000) LB Josh Harvey-Clemons ($846,078) • 2020 schedule » | More NFL coverage ». WR Chad Williams ($825,000) WR Steve Mitchell Jr. ($675,000). The standout salary here belongs to Price, a 2018 first-round pick who just hasn't been very good as a pro.

We're not going to add anyone here. OT Alex Bars ($675,000) The Flames can protect up to one (1) goaltender and must expose at least one (1) goaltender who is either under contract for 2021-22 or a restricted free agent.

We'll avoid them and go after a cheaper option in Williams, who scored a short-yardage touchdown for the Chiefs in the playoffs. Let's focus on special teams here by adding Hassell, who made it to the NFL in 2019 despite having the use of just one hand. But first, a small technical thing: A 34th team should follow close behind, for obvious reasons. We would essentially be signing Norwell to a three-year, $43 million deal with $9 million guaranteed after the Jags restructured his deal; on the open market, he would get a smaller average salary, but with more money guaranteed. WR Jalen Guyton ($675,000) TE Stephen Anderson ($750,000) Sherfield is simply a product of the numbers game. CB Cornell Armstrong ($750,000) CB Dontae Johnson ($910,000)

My pick: WR Keke Coutee ($932,256) I'll list the five players from each team, then bold my selections. Our roster already has three wideouts -- and more to come -- but Dulin is an interesting dart throw. That was in March, though, before the draft and free agency. Our roster already has three wideouts -- and more to come -- but Dulin is an interesting dart throw.

He could be a reclamation project. T Chandler Brewer ($675,000)

The roster is already full with six wide receivers, although I suspect guys like Dulin and Doss would be competing for roster spots.

Hitchens is a solid linebacker being paid like a superstar, while Okafor has had injury issues and probably profiles best as a rotational pass-rusher.

My pick: DT Justin Ellis ($887,500) Short is an enormous player to put on this list, but since he signed a five-year, $80 million extension with the Panthers in April 2017, the star defensive tackle has just 10.5 sacks and 27 knockdowns across three seasons. Let's talk about the big name.

OL Patrick Morris ($675,000). S Donovan Wilson ($706,839) Offensive line depth is great, but your third and fourth guards shouldn't be occupying nearly $12 million of your cap.