RELATED: Eric Church Surprises 10-Year-Old with $10,000 Donation to Her School's Jog-a-Thon. Download Eric Church Stick That In Your Country Song Studio Video at 320kbps audio quality. Take me on up to Detroit city Jails are full, the factories empty Mommas crying, young boys dying Under … Lyrics to 'Stick That in Your Country Song' by Eric Church. The country star, 43, outlines numerous real-life issues in the song that he says should be addressed more in country music, such as diversity, poverty, violence in cities, and underpaying school teachers. Church was also announced on Thursday as among the many artists participating in CMA's upcoming Stay-Cay event, along with Luke Combs, Lady A, Brett Eldredge, Lauren Alaina, Chris Lane, Scotty McCreery, Jason Aldean, and more. You'll get the latest updates on this topic in your browser notifications. Gimme one about the teacher who’s trying to change a life or two / She'll be rocking out all night with you / Tomorrow she'll back in a red brick school / Where the kids are climbing off the walls and it's scary walking down the halls / She's underpaid, she’s overworked / Come on man, shout one out to her. Introducing ... PEOPLE's Products Worth the Hype, Eric Church Surprises 10-Year-Old with $10,000 Donation to Her School's Jog-a-Thon, Who Is That Unmasked Man? Kane Brown, Lauren Alaina join iHeartCountry 4th of July concert, 'CMA Best of Fest' special to air July 9 on ABC, Jon Stewart suggests pandemic allowed U.S. 'clarity' on racism, What to watch next: Sign up for UPI's Streaming newsletter. In "Stick That in Your Country Song," Church sings about social issues in cities like Detroit and Baltimore. "Drop me off in Baltimore / Where every other window's got a plywood board / Where dreams become drugs and guns / The only way out is to shoot or run," Church sings. "In fact, the … Without His Trademark Shades, Eric Church Talks Career, Drive and That Outlaw Image. Eric Church’s song “Stick That In Your Country Song” addresses a number of different real-world issues including poverty, violence in cities, and underpaid school teachers. Eric Church’s song “Stick That In Your Country Song” addresses a number of different real-world issues including poverty, violence in cities, and underpaid school teachers. Lyrics to 'Stick That in Your Country Song' by Eric Church. Eric Church released his new single, "Stick That in Your Country Song," on Thursday, Eric Church is not holding back in the lyrics of his new single "Stick That in Your Country Song.". Eric Church released his new single, "Stick That in Your Country Song," on Thursday By Eric Todisco June 25, 2020 05:30 PM Conspiracy Theory Foiled, No Dallas Rally This Weekend, Donald Trump Says He May Leave U.S. if He Loses Presidential Election, Body Cam Video Shows Cop Save Suicidal Man, Tells Him, 'I Love You&apo…, 8-Year-Old Saves Halloween with Wild Candy Chute, Mister Rogers' Son Agrees Joe Biden's Like the TV Icon, Says it&a…, 'OutDaughtered' Star Michelle 'Mimi' Theriot Busted fo…, Donald Trump Loved Joaquin Buckley's Insane UFC Knockout, Called Dana …. Jeffrey Steele and Davis Naish are credited as the songwriters. Text us for exclusive photos and videos, royal news, and way more. June 25 (UPI) -- Country music singer Eric Church is back with new music. Copyright © 2020 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Eric Church puts the country music songwriting community on blast with the lyrics to his new song, "Stick That in Your Country Song. If you would like to opt out of browser push notifications, please refer to the following instructions specific to your device and browser: Eric Church Addresses Social Issues in New Tune 'Stick That in Your Country Song': Listen. These Are the Top 10 Songs of 2020 — Does Church's New Song Belong? It's difficult to describe "Stick That in Your Country Song" as anything but an affront to the community, however. During the virtual event, which airs on ABC on July 13, Church will host a retrospective segment looking back at his 2019 CMA Festival appearance where he performed a medley of hits and cover songs, revealing the full 27-minute acoustic set for the first time. For a decade he's preferred to introduce an album with a statement instead of providing radio with assurance that more hits are coming. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features “Stick That In Your Country Song” is also a little strange because it’s so expressive, but only the second song Eric Church has ever recorded that he didn’t write or co-write himself. These issues aren't pretty: Poverty, gang violence and war are a few topics he mentions specifically. "Rock me hard, stop my heart/Blow the speakers out of this car," he sings. June 25 (UPI) --Country music singer Eric Church is back with new music.The 43-year-old recording artist released the song "Stick That in Your Country Song" on Thursday. Steele's songs were an early 21st century mainstay at country radio, with "What Hurts the Most" being among his most popular hits. He's not know for divisive lyrics or messages that might upset his contemporaries. Free Eric Church Stick That In Your Country Song Live From The 55th ACM Awards 2020 mp3 192 Kbps 4.83 MB 00:03:40 7K Play RELATED: Who Is That Unmasked Man? The singer's most recent album, Desperate Man, was released in October 2018. That it's become more salient is why he chose it to go first. "C’mon, I wanna pound the dash / Stomp the gas, drive too fast / Rock me hard, stop my heart / And blow the speakers right out of this car," he hollers during a Jay Joyce arrangement reminiscent of "That's Damn Rock & Roll" from his The Outsiders album. This lead single from the album Church is working on falls in line with previous lead singles like "Desperate Man," "Mr. Misunderstood" and "The Outsiders." Call the song a challenge or a slap or an insult or a goal. Eric Church teased the release of this song in a video sent to Church Choir members: "I wanted you guys to hear from me first that a new single is about to hit the world.It's gonna be the tip of the spear for what's coming after, and it's Coyote Ugly Turns 20: Where Is the Cast Now? Light the arrow, pull the bow / Shoot that fire right through my soul / Hit my pride, fist up high / I wanna feel a rush, I wanna feel alive /  C’mon, I wanna pound the dash / Stomp the gas, drive too fast / Rock me hard, stop my heart / And blow the speakers right out of this car. Country songwriting veteran Jeffrey Steele (Rascal Flatts, Montgomery Gentry) wrote the lyrics to "Stick That in Your Country Song" with relative country songwriting newcomer Davis Naish, who has more than 400 titles to his credit at BMI and has most recently written songs for Rachel Reinert's Into the Blue album. Without His Trademark Shades, Eric Church Talks Career, Drive and That Outlaw Image. A Top 10 or Top 20 hit would be a win for his team here. "I hope that, if it comes from anywhere, it comes from the fact that what the music is — the quality of the music and that we play three-hour shows and give everything we have — has turned into its own thing," Church shared. Take me on up to Detroit city Jails are full, the factories empty Mommas crying, young boys dying Under … Get push notifications with news, features and more. Rock Fest: Disturbed, Limp Bizkit, Korn to headline 2021 festival, Famous birthdays for Oct. 17: Wyclef Jean, Ernie Els, What to stream this weekend: Miley Cyrus concert, 'Clouds', John Cena marries girlfriend Shay Shariatzadeh, Fetty Wap mourns late brother on Instagram, MTV VMAs: Memorable fashion moments through the years. Eric Church Stick That In Your Country Song Studio Video, Free Eric Church Stick That In Your Country Song Lyric Video, Free Eric Church Stick That In Your Country Song Live From The 55th ACM Awards 2020, Free Eric Church Stick That In Your Country Song Audio, Free Eric Church Stick That In Your Country Song Lyrics, Free Eric Church Stick That In Your Country Song ACMs 2020 3, Free Eric Church Lyrics Stick That In Your Country Song, Free Eric Church Stick That In Your Country Song Lyrics 5 Burning Questions, Free Eric Church Stick That In Your Country Song ACMs 2020 4. Here Are the Lyrics to Eric Church's "Stick That in Your Country Song", Take me on up to Detroit city / Jails are full, the factories empty / Mamas crying, young boys dying / Under that red, white and blue still flying / Drop me off in Baltimore / Where every other window got a plywood board / Where dreams become drugs and guns / The only way out is to shoot or run, Chorus:Stick that in your country song / Take that one to number one / Get the whole world singing along / Stick that in your country song, Sing about the man coming back from war / Twenty-three going on 54 / He lost a friend, his sight, his hands / Baby girl, he'll never see again. Per the Boot, "Stick That in Your Country Song" is just the second outside cut he's ever recorded, the other being "Like Jesus Does," a song on his Chief album. "Stick That in Your Country Song" is the first single from Church's yet-to-be-named next album. Later on, Church transitions from a tense whisper in the early verses to a full out scream in the second verse. But Eric Church is about the only one in the mainstream who could have delivered it, at least with any kind of impact. In February, Church acknowledged in an interview with radio host Lon Helton that he's been tagged for years with a "badass and outlaw" image. The song appears to criticize feel-good music on country radio. Blake Shelton's Birthday Message for Gwen Stefani, George Strait Wishes Alan Jackson Happy Birthday With Classic Pic, 'Home Improvement' Star Zachery Ty Bryan Arrested For Strangulati…, U.K. Birdwatchers Flock to See Rare Robin, First Sighting in 40 Years, QAnon's JFK Jr. "Stick That in Your Country Song" is the first song to debut from Church's forthcoming seventh studio album. Neither did they write it … In April, Church performed during "Stagecouch," a virtual version of Stagecoach Music Festival, after the music festival was canceled due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. "Take me on up to Detroit city / Jails are full, the factories empty / Mamas crying, young boys dying," Church sings at the start of the song. “Stick That In Your Country Song” is a protest song that was released in a protest era, particularly in the United States. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Eric Church puts the country music songwriting community on blast with the lyrics to his new song, "Stick That in Your Country Song." Church, with rising indignation, calls for more real-life American issues to color verses and choruses of songs you hear on Top 40 radio. The 43-year-old recording artist released the song "Stick That in Your Country Song" on Thursday. His sixth and most recent studio album, Desperate Man, was released in October 2018.