Gone are the snakeskin gradients that caused so much consternation back in late 2015, a simpler time for all. "It's not just us with these jerseys or these uniforms. I was a little hesitant at first, but once you heard the reasons behind it and saw the designs and saw where they were going, it got you more and more excited. The uniforms were still in need of some sort of fix to lift them out of the cellar of MLB’s uniform rankings. They’re red and black or Sedona red or whatever marketing term you want to give it.

The D-backs were the only team in baseball to have the diamond gradients on the shoulders and backs of the uniforms, but after four years they are getting rid of them in order to have the focus on the uniforms be on the “D-backs” wordmark across the chest. If only it were more conspicuous — and the main home uniform. #RattleOn pic.twitter.com/VHULEb171z. "I like to be old school, but I think just the way the game is going with all the stuff," he said. PHOENIX -- The D-backs will have plenty of uniform combinations to choose from in 2016, as the team on Thursday unveiled eight uniform sets, which can also be mixed and matched to form even more looks. Subscribe to azcentral.com today. I feel like as I start to work out and build that muscle it’s going to naturally put that five to seven pounds back on.”, VOTE: What do you think of the #Dbacks' new uniforms for 2020?

It was clearly a mistake, as evidenced by the fact that the team immediately had their uniforms tweaked before the 2017 season was underway.

LOS ANGELES, CA - JULY 31: The team logo is printed on the on-deck circle at the Los Angeles ... [+] Dodgers game against the Arizona Diamondbacks on July 31, 2011 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California. “So we need to make sure that our brand and obviously our players are represented on TV even when they’re on the road. It’s definitely a more basic look. Pollock said.

The Diamondbacks made drastic changes to their uniforms after the 2015 season. A refreshed look for the start of a new decade.Introducing the 2020 #Dbacks uniforms. "My head is spinning kind of figuring out what kind of matching they're going to do," outfielder A.J. That they got the seal of approval from Goldschmidt, who has little use for flashiness, was important for the organization. The Big Lead’s Geoff Magliocchetti shared his thoughts on the look this season. The Diamondbacks won the game 6-3. Ever since 2011, I have been blogging about logos and uniforms. To usher in a new decade, the Diamondbacks have made minor adjustments to their uniforms. Prior to their inaugural season, they released their baseball caps.

No big changes were made to the overall scheme that has been in place since the 2016 season.

pic.twitter.com/rilYZwvFyc.

The look is a unique one for baseball, but it is in step with what has been a theme of late for many college football teams, which have gone to multiple uniform combinations. The Diamondbacks are also still sticking with their somewhat peculiar idea of using teal as a secondary color on another white alternate jersey. The D-backs will still have a black-and-red alternate jersey, just minus the diamond gradients, but teal will no longer be worn on the road. • The Los D-backs alternate jersey top will be black with teal.

And there you have it — pretty much the textbook definition of addition by subtraction.

The new look appears cleaner, toned down and simplified. Dodgers game against the Arizona Diamondbacks on July 31, 2011 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California.

I’m probably dreaming if I think the Diamondbacks will ever get back to the original uniforms full-time. That said, the streamlined uniforms introduced Friday are a step up from the current batch. Ahead of the 2016 season, the Arizona Diamondbacks underwent a visual identity update that ended up going a bit awry. Then they changed the lettering from that sort of stone-carved look they had … from like 2007 to 2015 and changed it to what they have now. A refreshed look for the start of a new decade.Introducing the 2020 #Dbacks uniforms.

That was the same reason the team elected to move back to a more traditional color of gray -- the lettering on the front and backs of the dark gray jerseys looked good in person, but did not translate to television despite several revisions in the lettering. In my opinion, putting the focus on the colors instead of any other additional bells and whistles is the best way to create a baseball uniform that actually looks good and it’s great that the Diamondbacks have finally figured this out on their third go-around.

Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Good riddance.

They were managed by Torey Lovullo in his third season with the franchise.

MLB Uniform Tracker Links Arizona Diamondbacks 2019 Uniform Record Road 20 - 13 Home: 0-0 Road: 20-13 RSPG: 5.8 RAPG: 4.5 View Games & Stats. Follow him on Twitter @SteveGilbertMLB. But the best thing about the uniforms, as Lukas suggests, is dumping the awful gray road uniforms.

To learn more or opt-out, read our Cookie Policy.

Ray was noticeably slimmer. • D-backs embrace teal with new-look uniforms. The Diamondbacks made a big mistake with their uniform design ahead of the 2016 season. Instead of being an extremely dark shade of gray, the road look has gone back to the standard gray that we’re all used to seeing from baseball uniforms. I have also contributed to Yardbarker in this area since 2016, which is where I give my opinions on which uniforms in each league are the best and worst, respectively. Instead, the design has gone back to the basics and is deciding to let the team colors speak for themselves. There are a lot of things going on with this uniform and none of them are good. — Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) November 8, 2019. “Getting rid of the snakeskin is textbook addition by subtraction.

A year later, they introduced minor tweaks, including eliminating the unusual coloration on the calf area of the pants. We had a ton of pictures, and they asked, 'What do you like about this? Of course, when you talk about professional sports uniforms you’re talking about a bunch of different looks, all the better to stock the team shop with. The team unveiled the new look at its ninth annual D-backs Celebrity Golf Classic on Friday.

• Gone are the diamond-pattern gradients on the neck, sleeves and backs of the.
Ray said he has lost 15 pounds since the end of the season. I changed up my diet. It was a trend started by the University of Oregon. This would be congruent with when Nike took over production of NBA uniforms a few years ago, a lot of teams made minor to wholesale changes to their uniforms and we may be seeing the start of that in Major League Baseball. I would say it’s an upgrade.”. … Most notably, the gradient patterns on … He weighs about 205 pounds now but actually wants to gain a little weight before the start of next season. In addition to general sports logo and uniform talk, I also regularly write about baseball for SB Nation’s Talking Chop, SB Nation MLB, and Baseball Prospectus.

“Again, talking about brand, our primary colors are Sedona Red, Sonoran Sand and black,” Maxey said. Instead, Arizona’s road look is just as crisp and pleasant to look at as their home look and that’s a big upgrade from what they had before. “The black and teal Los D-backs [jersey] is kind of intriguing,” Ray said.

"They had jerseys from past All-Star Games, from other teams, from other sports.
With the 2020 season ahead, they've finally fixed their mistake.

“We’ve been really talking about what can we do to the uniforms to really bring the brand forward a little bit more,” said Cullen Maxey, an executive vice president with the club.

Smaller portions of meat and even smaller portions of carbs, like rice and stuff like that.

I’m not the only one who thinks so.

MLB Uniform Tracker Links Arizona Diamondbacks 2019 Uniform Record Road 20 - 13 Home: 0-0 Road: 20-13 RSPG: 5.8 RAPG: 4.5 View Games & Stats.

“It’s addition by subtraction,” Lukas said. And there is an alternate home uniform with teal included as highlights. In 2018, the Diamondbacks did a "Throwback Thursday" promotion where they wore various old uniforms from their 20 seasons as a major league team. • The dark gray uniforms that the team has worn on the road will revert back to the standard gray worn by the other 29 teams in baseball. Make a Donation D-backs Virtual Race Against Cancer 50/50 Raffle Weekly Online Auctions D-backs for Change Youth Jersey Program Grant Programs Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation Youth Sports Education Initiatives Military & First Responders Partner Outreach Impact Fan Zone MLBcommunity.org Baseball Tomorrow Fund Baseball Assistance Team Play Ball Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities Stand … They always looked dirty.

In addition to the multitude of combinations, the new uniforms are unique for the bold gray color used for the road uniforms. To usher in a new decade, the Diamondbacks have made minor adjustments to their uniforms By Charlie Gebow @CLEFOAINTACRIME Nov 8, 2019, 11:35am EST Share this story — Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) November 8, 2019 The D-backs were the only team in baseball to have the diamond gradients on the shoulders and backs of the uniforms, but after four years they are getting rid of them in order to have the focus on the uniforms be on the “D-backs” wordmark across the chest. As you probably noticed, we changed some of the lettering kit to make it stand out more on the dark grey. Introducing the 2016 #Dbacks uniform lineup: https://t.co/tM2b8Y0QDx #JoinTheEvolution pic.twitter.com/Bj54IsRTvu, "They brought us in very, very early before there were any designs," first baseman Paul Goldschmidt said.

It never translated on television consistently.”. In addition to the multitude of combinations, the new uniforms are unique for the bold gray color used for the road uniforms. Twitter: @goodyk.

Reach Goodykoontz at bill.goodykoontz@arizonarepublic.com. (You may remember him as the person who said the Arizona Cardinals have the worst uniforms in the NFL.).

(Photo by Paul Spinelli/MLB via Getty Images), EY & Citi On The Importance Of Resilience And Innovation, Impact 50: Investors Seeking Profit — And Pushing For Change, the idea of dark gray uniforms spreading across baseball.