The team last wore the 1950s-style uniforms — blue jerseys with silver numbers, a plain silver helmet and silver pants — to celebrate their 75th anniversary season in 2008. True Colors: The Lions Should Return to Honolulu Blue and Silver. Please check your details, and try again. In each colored box you will find the hex color code, which is made up of the 6 letters/numbers beside the pound sign. It’s a travesty that the Lions do not display championship banners at Ford Field for 1935, 1952, 1953, and 1957, nor do they display the famous numbers that have been taken out of circulation but never officially retired. Richards purchased the Portsmouth (Ohio) Spartans in 1934 and moved the team to Detroit, the newly renamed Lions unveiled a striking uniform consisting of a blue jersey, silver pants, blue socks, and a silver helmet. Please check your details, and try again. Six years ago during the Steve Mariucci era, the Lions introduced a bolder look to their legendary Honolulu Blue and Silver uniform by adding a black trim to the Leaping Lion helmet logo, numbers, jersey sleeves and pants. That would be 22 for Bobby Layne, 37 for Doak Walker, 56 for Joe Schmidt and 20 for Lem Barney, Billy Sims and Barry Sanders. Sorry, we weren't able to sign you up. Follow this link for the rest of the. We saw the Honolulu Blue and Silver and we told him that’s what we liked.”. Below are the different colors used by the Detroit Lions. It is a much paler blue and with the introduction of black outlining, they have divorced themselves from their famous colors. The shoes were black. Why the Lions would want to divorce themselves from their traditional colors that were made so famous in their glory years of the 1950s is beyond me. 2000-2002: In 2000, the Lions moved the numbers that were on the sleeves up to the shoulders. Official National Football League Record and Fact Book, The team colors are confirmed by page 168 of the. Richards he asked us to look at the different colored jerseys in the next room. His answer blew me away. Orders placed on Weekends will ship on Monday. The official Detroit Lions team colors are Honolulu blue and silver. Now obviously I know what a team wears doesn’t make a difference on how they play, but if we are going to lose, hell let’s do it in style. Legend has it that Richards had picked the beautiful deep blue color because it reminded him of the color of the water at Honolulu Hawaii where he vacationed. Sorry, we weren't able to sign you up. Great news, we've signed you up. Copyright © 2020 | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy. Ten years ago I had the pleasure to interview Glenn Presnell, the last surviving member of the first Detroit Lions team of 1934. I for one cannot stand the current Lion uniform and helmet. The color codes: RGB, CYMK for print, Hex for web and the Detroit Lions Pantone colors can be seen below. The color codes: RGB, CYMK for print, Hex for web and the Detroit Lions Pantone colors can be seen below. Aside from a brief change to maroon in 1948 instituted by then head coach Bo McMillin, which was influenced by his years as coach at Indiana, the Lions uniforms have basically remained the same. 2 / 43 Here are the Detroit Lions color codes if you need them for any of your digital projects. *For stock items that are ordered before 4:30pm EST Monday through Friday. Follow this link for the rest of the NFL hex color codes for all of your favorite football team color codes. You can use these color codes for your Lions fan site, blog, or even painting one of your rooms in the colors of your favorite football team. Don’t tell me that the Lion blue is Honolulu Blue because it isn’t. The official Detroit Lions team colors are Honolulu blue and silver. They should be celebrating and marketing that history but perhaps they don’t because maybe it’s too embarrassing to remember that over half a century since they were champions. 1934-1947: The first uniform donned by the Detroit Lions included a blue jersey with gleaming silver numerals, silver pants and a silver helmet. “My wife and I were the ones who selected the Lion’s colors,” he said. Here are the Detroit Lions color codes if you need them for any of your digital projects. The shade of blue used for the jersey became known as ‘Honolulu’ blue. Home » True Colors: The Lions Should Return to Honolulu Blue and Silver. The shoes were black. One of my last questions to him was did he know how the Lions came up with the Honolulu Blue and Silver colors. We have also listed the rbg code, which is the amount of red, green, and blue that is combined in various proportions to obtain that particular color. There was everything from orange and black to red and white were there. This change first occurred under the Matt Millen regime and for that reason alone they should rid themselves of it. The shade of blue used for the jersey became known as 'Honolulu' blue. The Detroit Lions colors are honolulu blue, silver, black and white. Ten years ago I had the pleasure to interview Glenn Presnell, the last surviving member of the first Detroit Lions team of 1934. Teamcolorcodes.com is not affiliated with any teams or leagues that have their colors displayed. The Detroit Lions colors are honolulu blue, silver, black and white. Custom lettered jerseys usually take 24 to 48 additional hours to ship. Color Codes For NFL, MLB, NBA and NCAA Teams. One of my last questions to him was did he know how the Lions came up with the Honolulu Blue and Silver colors. The first uniform donned by the Detroit Lions included a blue jersey with gleaming silver numerals, silver pants and a silver helmet. There certainly has not been good news coming out of the Detroit Lions camp recently but I was pleased to see the Lions will return to wearing their traditional throwback uniforms for the annual Thanksgiving Day game. You can use these color codes for your Lions fan site, blog, or even painting one of your rooms in the colors of your favorite football team. The Detroit Lions hex colors are confirmed by the SVG logo on the Lions’ website. Follow this link for the rest of the NFL hex color codes for all of your favorite football team color codes. We are not affiliated with any of the teams or major leagues. The Detroit Lions colors are honolulu blue, silver, black and white. Here are the Detroit Lions color codes if you need them for any of your digital projects. “At our meeting in the Fisher Building with the owner G.A. To me, they look a lot more like the Carolina Panthers. The Lions Pantone colors are confirmed by the logo slick. for all of your favorite football team color codes. Fortunately, The Evolution of the Detroit Lions’ Uniform by Bill Dow has the answer: When WJR owner G.A. The design consists of silver helmets, silver pants, and either blue or white jerseys. Mr. Ford, let’s hang those banners and jersey numbers, go back to the team’s original colors and just maybe today’s players will have instilled within them some true Lions pride. The facemasks were also changed from blue to black. We all know those changes didn’t improve the results on the gridiron.