He’s been linked to the likes of former title challengers Demian Maia and ... have upcoming bookings. “I think the fight with Demian Maia could be very interesting,” Thompson explained. “Yeah, the UFC is pushing him, but you’ve got to be careful.

Posted on Oct 15, 2020; 0 views; Report; This video is hosted from www.youtube.com Report here if this video is not working. Because even though he(Usman) has good boxing and is very technical and he is very powerful also. Maia said, “So you know fights are all about styles and matchups. I mean, hey, this guy went out and finished some dudes. Dana White explains Khamzat Chimaev’s double booking, confirms fight with Demian Maia will happen in Las Vegas New, 28 comments By Mike Heck @MikeHeck_JR Sep 9, 2020, 12:00pm EDT Dana White explains Khamzat Chimaev’s double booking, confirms fight with Demian Maia will happen in Las Vegas New, 28 comments By Mike Heck @MikeHeck_JR Sep 9, 2020, 12:00pm EDT It took a few extra weeks, but Khamzat Chimaev has acquired his U.S. working visa. He is more well –rounded, he is a very good wrestler and he also knows he’s had a full camp. Continue the conversation on the app, join other MMA fans on MMA Fans App, “It’s Dangerous For Usman”-Common Opponent Demian Maia Predicts Jorge Masvidal Vs Kamaru Usman, “This Is Not Like Tom Brady And Bill Belichick” – NFL Insiders Suggests Where Patrick Mahomes Will End His Career, UFC Fight Night: Ortega vs The Korean Zombie: Claudio Silva vs James Krause- Prediction and Analysis, “This Sport Is Mean and Nasty”- Mike Perry Opens up on the Reality of the UFC Landscape, WATCH: Jorge Masvidal Set to Star in His First Movie, WATCH: Jorge Masvidal Pays Tribute To His Father While Showcasing His Love For America. I love that mentality.”, As for possible opponents for the two fights, White didn’t reveal who the promotion is planning on Chimaev fighting in Las Vegas. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. Maia (28-10 MMA, 22-10 UFC) most recently competed at UFC on ESPN+ 28 in March, when he was knocked out by Gilbert Burns. It is very hard to predict such fights and its winners.”, Beating Jorge Masvidal back in 2017, Demian Maia has some advice to give Usman. At a short news conference following the UFC on ESPN+ 34 weigh-ins, UFC president Dana White said Chimaev (8-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) will be arriving on American soil in the next few days. That’s why I think Kamaru is the favorite.”, Maia went on to add, “But MMA is a crazy sport. But in this matter, Jorge is more experienced. He’s been in more standup and boxing fights. The 37-year-old recently told MMA Fighting he has a lot of interest in fighting Leon Edwards, or, should it be real this time, a future fight with the returning Nick Diaz. Get UFC Fight Island 6 results for the Ortega vs. Jung event on Saturday. A fight that has for a long time been speculated and talked about. White also said the promotion plans on having Chimaev fight in Las Vegas before a second fight during its upcoming return to “Fight Island” at Yas Island in Abu Dhabi.

UFC light heavyweight Jimmy Crute spoke with the media ahead of his main card fight against Modestas Bukauskas at UFC Fight Island 6 in Abu Dhabi. If you’re not careful, you could go out there, have that confidence and someone with a little bit of experience can put you away.

I think he may only have one fight left on his contract.

Dana White: UFC discussing Khamzat Chimaev vs. Demian Maia for 'Fight Island'. Israel Adesanya says Jon Jones has no room to give him flack for not moving up to 205 pounds after teasing a heavyweight move for years and not following through. “Yeah, it’s two grapplers, [Maia] is a lot older and I think he’s kind of coming down from where he was before. The contender of the welterweight division and the only man who has faced both Masvidala and Usman comes forward and predicts the fight.

“Wonderboy” saw Chimaev’s first two UFC wins over an 11-day stretch on Fight Island in July—finishes of John Phillips and Rhys McKee—and has also noticed the promotional backing he’s been receiving. With a lot of eyes upon Khamzat Chimaev ahead of his upcoming UFC Vegas 11 bout with Gerald Meerschaert, Stephen Thompson admits he is part of that group. This wasn’t an easy fight to secure. Set as the main event at UFC 251, Kamaru Usman will defend his welterweight belt against Jorge Masvidal.