The 28-year-old singer released a new political anthem, "Commander in Chief," on Wednesday and talked about her decision to speak out about her political beliefs in a new interview with CNN. Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Personally, I'm grateful he came into my life when he did.

"For years she got trashed because she wasn't taking a stance and wasn't standing up for these rights and she kind of took a back seat. Video: Trump Wants to 'Kiss all the Guys and Beautiful Women' at Rally (Veuer), Fans Just Realized Cameron Diaz Is Nicole Richie's Sister-in-Law, Tanya Tucker: From Her Love Life to Her Love of Country Music (Exclusive), Miley Cyrus Says Her Dog Got Electrocuted on ‘The Voice’ Set, Lauren Alaina on New Break Up EP; Writes About 'being mad, sad and sassy', Tearful John Legend Dedicates 'Never Break' to His Wife at BBMAs: 'This Is for Chrissy', Ariana Grande Releasing New Album This Month, 21 Savage and Metro Boomin's 'Savage Mode II' Bows Atop Billboard 200 | Billboard News, BTS Set to Make Millions When Big Hit Label Goes Public | THR News, DJ Khaled Talks Collaborating With LeBron James for Podcast, 'SNL' Preview: What to Expect From Justin Bieber and Issa Rae, Nicki Minaj Denies Fan’s Claim That Her Baby’s Name Is Jeremiah, Brandy Clark "Like Mine" - Late Show #PlayAtHome, Demi Lovato Encourages Fans to Vote with New Political Ballad ‘Commander in Chief', Morgan Wallen Dropped as 'Saturday Night Live' Musical Guest Due to COVID-19 Protocols, Cardi B Gets Steamy With Offset at Her Birthday Party, Jawsh 685, Jason Derulo & BTS' 'Savage Love' Soars to No.

"And then I thought, I don't really actually want to do that and I thought one way that I could do that is writing a song and releasing it for the whole world to hear and then he has to answer those questions to everyone and not just me.". Demi Lovato is apparently not sorry for falling in love with Taylor Swift 's new album, "Lover" -- enough that Demi offered an olive branch to Swift on Instagram, which the singer accepted.

"great job @taylorswift," she added. Demi Lovato made Taylor Swift’s day by praising the “Me!” singer’s new album, Lover.
My career isn't about that," she wrote on her Instagram Story.
Lovato, who released a new political anthem, "Commander in Chief," on Wednesday, spoke about Swift's political activism in a new interview with CNN, one week after the "Lover" singer endorsed Joe Biden ahead of the 2020 presidential election. I'll take integrity in my work over sales any day.". “Btw… I didn’t ‘shade’ anyone last night,” she clarified on her Instagram Stories.

Vote early.”, RELATED: Taylor Swift Endorses Joe Biden for President, Throws Support Behind Kamala Harris Ahead of VP Debate, Like Swift, Lovato has been critical of Trump's administration, taking aim at the incumbent president in "Commander in Chief.". As a show of gratitude, the "ME!" You can list Taylor Swift as a perfect example of that exact saying," Lovato, 28, said. Head over to Vote.org to register to vote and get the latest information.

Taylor Swift reveals Demi Lovato put the biggest smile on her face for THIS reason Demi Lovato comes out in support of Scooter Braun amidst Taylor Swift controversy, says she values loyalty

“This is so awesome & put the biggest smile on my face,” she wrote. Notifications can be turned off anytime in the browser settings.

"I have dealt with bad people in this industry, and Scooter is not one of them," Lovato wrote on her Instagram Stories back in July. Show full articles without "Continue Reading" button for {0} hours. Demi Lovato may have had a …

Great job @taylorswift. "Life's too short for women not to support other women...especially when women release great music," Lovato wrote on her Instagram Stories. After releasing the political ballad on Wednesday, the "Sorry Not Sorry" singer responded to some comments from critics who expressed that those who don't share her political views "feel like they can't listen" to her music anymore. To me, that's using my platform to speak out about the things that I see that are wrong. "Life's too short for women not to support other women," Lovato wrote at the time.

Demi Lovato Talks Taylor Swift's Political Activism: 'You're Damned If You Do, You're Damned If You Don't', KTVB Kitchen: Spring rolls with sunbutter dipping sauce, Ahead of Trump rally in Boise, community leaders ask counter protesters to stay home. In fact, the "Sorry Not Sorry" singer can't get enough of Swift's brand new seventh studio album, Lover. Kylie Jenner Sleeps in This $10 Organic Oil to Keep Skin Soft and Glowing, We Found a Cardigan Just Like J. Lo’s $995 Coach One for Under $30 Using StyleSnap. And even Swift herself was thrilled to hear that Lovato's been enjoying her latest release. American singers Demi Lovato and Taylor Swift are two of the numerous celebrities in the United States who have been continuously speaking openly … Meghan Markle’s Famous Jeans Are (Finally) Back in Stock — for Now! In case you needed another reminder.

Now, Swifties and Lovatics can breathe a sigh of relief — especially after the rampant (and false) rumors that Swift was the reason Lovato didn't attend this year's MTV Video Music Awards. Like us on Facebook to see similar stories, The fascinating history of the drive-thru, Trump Wants to 'Kiss all the Guys and Beautiful Women' at Rally. Obviously, fans of both pop stars were delighted to see Lovato praising Swift's new music. "I made a piece of art that stands for something I believe in. Last week, Swift, 30 announced she would be supporting Biden, 77, and his running mate Kamala Harris in the upcoming election, marking her first public endorsement of a presidential candidate. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.

songstress shared Lovato's post to her own Instagram Stories, writing, "This is so awesome & put the biggest smile on my face.

"Thank you @ddlovato.".

Great job @taylorswift.”, Her post caught the attention of Swift, 29, herself, who reposted the message on her Instagram Stories later on Monday. After calling the song “Cruel Summer” a “jam,” the former Disney Channel star, 27, wrote on her Instagram Stories on Monday, September 1, “Life’s too short for women to not support other women.. especially when women release great music. After Swift grew close with Lovato’s former Barney & Friends and Disney costar Selena Gomez in the late 2000s, a fan approached the “Sober” singer as she signed autographs in London to ask, “How’s Selena?” Lovato’s response? And although Lovato and Swift certainly don't share the same opinions about Braun, we're glad to see that they can still lift each other up and celebrate each other's triumphs. "You're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't. American singers Demi Lovato and Taylor Swift are two of the numerous celebrities in the United States who have been continuously speaking openly … ", "This is so awesome & put the biggest smile on my face," Swift responded to the post.

The exchange came exactly one week after Lovato wrote on Instagram that she skipped the 2019 MTV Video Music Awards “for a REASON.” The Camp Rock star’s cryptic message led some fans to speculate that she had been trying to avoid Swift, who opened the August 26 show. You can list Taylor Swift as a perfect example of that exact saying.

There's enough hate in this world as it is." The 28-year-old singer released a new political anthem, "Commander in Chief," on Wednesday and … Swift called out Braun, 38, in a lengthy Tumblr post, while Lovato sided with her manager, calling him a “good man.”, The drama has since simmered down — and Braun even congratulated the Grammy winner on her latest record.

“Thank you @ddlovato.”. "To me, that's using my platform to speak out about the things that I see that are wrong.".

Former foes Demi Lovato and Taylor Swift have been one of the many voices in the United State who have been raising their voice against injustices and calling for political change. Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ for just $12.99/mo. Something for everyone. Swift and Perry have since buried their "Bad Blood" feud, while Lovato reached out to Swift last year on social media to praise her Lover album. Ahead of voting day, Lovato will be performing her new politically charged song at Wednesday's Billboard Music Awards. And I'm putting it out even at the risk of losing fans. Lovato also wants to urge her fans of all political parties to vote in this year's election. More specifically, though, Lovato seems to be a big fan of the album's second track, titled "Cruel Summer."

MTV AND ALL RELATED TITLES AND LOGOS ARE TRADEMARKS OF VIACOM INTERNATIONAL INC, (Christopher Polk/MTV1415/Getty Images for MTV). performing her new politically charged song at Wednesday's Billboard Music Awards. Miley Cyrus recalled one of her pet’s most outrageous stories that happened while she was a coach on The Voice. "As much as I would like to be sad that I disappointed you, I'm too busy being bummed that you expect me, a queer Hispanic woman, to silence my views/beliefs in order to please my audience," she added. Supporting was always the healthier option #brilliantalbum #brilliantcampaign congrats.”.

The “Malibu” singer, 27, revealed that her animals have had a variety of wild moments, one of which took place with her pooch Little Dog when they were on set […].

And on Monday (September 2), she took to Instagram to show support for Swift and her new music.

Demi Lovato is not backing down from talking politics — and she's applauding Taylor Swift for doing the same. For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!

", "It's just, like, you have to live what feels authentic to you," the "Anyone" songstress added. “Request a ballot early. See Cameron's perfect reaction! Please stop 'dragging' people or bullying them. ©2020 Viacom International Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

"Especially when women release great music.

And don't forget, Election Day is November 3, 2020! "And, honestly, for me, whether you are a Republican or Democrat, just get out and vote.".