And it only gets more downcast from there: "I wear this crown of thorns / Upon my liar's chair / Full of broken thoughts / I cannot repair.". These detailed lyrics follow the story of a little boy and girl who end up getting married. You are posting comments too quickly. If you buy from a link, we may earn a commission. You are allowed to reshare our quote graphics on social media or your website as long as you link back to Resilient. Just man. If you're ever in a crisis, remember there's always someone there for you. And between the music video's dramatic grand piano, falling snow, and empty home, we're not sure what makes us want to curl up in bed the most. / And I wouldn't dream of goin' nowhere," pleads singer Mike Eli. “Anything Worth Holding Onto” — Chrissy Metz and Matt Bloyd, It takes effort to fight/I don’t have the strength/I’m holding on to what’s still left of me, 47. © 2020 Billboard. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development.

All In and Down and Out Blues, Uncle Dave Macon, 1937. ", Just when you think you've moved on, you hear a song that brings old memories back to life. Country legend Willie Nelson sings about a cowboy dreaming of his lost love. ", As a daughter grows up, her relationship with her Daddy changes in the most beautiful ways. These are songs from top country artists, both modern and classic, such as Rascal Flatts, Dolly Parton,Bobbie Gentry, and Garth Brooks. "Take the very breath you gave me / Take the heart from my chest / I'll gladly take her place if you'll let me / Make this my last request / Take me out of this world / God, please don't take the girl. He croons, "Love is like a dyin' ember, only memories remain," as his heart aches for the his loved one who's now in heaven. Love may conquer all but it sure can be brutal. She pictures the broken glass, she pictures the steam/She pictures a soul/With no leak at the seam, I’ve seen fire and I’ve seen rain/I’ve seen sunny days that I thought would never end/I’ve seen lonely times when I could not find a friend, Is that all there is, is that all there is?/ If that’s all there is my friends, then let’s keep dancing, I’ve looked at life from both sides now/From win and lose and still somehow/ It’s life’s illusions I recall/ I really don’t know life at all, Started a landslide in my ego/Looked from the outside to the world I left behind, Down in a hole feelin’ so small/Down in a hole, losin’ my soul/ I’d like to fly, but my wings have been so denied, 33. This ballad is a potent reminder to keep those precious minutes you do get close to your heart as they happen and to add to your collection of life's little (but beautiful) moments every day. And Blake Shelton howling, "There's something in the bittersweet / The feeling of a memory / Right there in the moment / All I ever wanted was you and me," takes us right back. Your account was created. Some cope by self-medicating with substances that lead to addiction.

Don't let the song title fool you—this ballad is a real tearjerker. Songs about depression can provide solace to those affected by showing they're not alone in their struggle. Refresh your page, login and try again.

Katie is a blogger, certified transformation coach, and the founder of Resilient. I am thoroughly convinced that Bill Conti’s “Gonna Fly Now” (aka the theme song from the Rocky movie) is the best song ever created. It looks as though you’ve already said that. Understanding depression and combatting the stigma associated with mental health issues have received increased attention following the tragic suicides of Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington and Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell this year. I have no need of friendship, friendship causes pain/It’s laughter and it’s loving I disdain, 66. Some are a little slower or sad, but all are very emotional and powerful. To get the weekend started off just right, there are those feel-good, "It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere"-type hits, especially summer country songs that never get old. Some people deal with major clinical depression all of their lives; some suffer with situational depression after a major loss, such as the death of a loved or or the end of an important relationship. Your use of this website constitutes and manifests your acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy, Cookie Notification, and awareness of the California Privacy Rights.

Here are 14 songs for someone with depression. Your use of this website constitutes and manifests your acceptance This 2003 single is gut-wrenching to get through every single time. These 25 Instagrammers Can Help You Live Your Best Low-Carb Life, 25 IG Cartoonists Who Totally Get Your Anxiety, These 101 Songs About Depression Will Remind You That You’re Not Alone, 10 Awesome Mental Health Podcasts You Need to Subscribe To, 101 Quotes About Depression to Help You Not Feel So Alone, Kelly Clarkson’s 15 Most Inspirational Songs, Ranked, 100+ Weight Watchers Recipes with WW Points to Help You Lose Weight, Which One of These 100 Diets Could Help You Lose Weight? Check out these 75 happy songs. Sorry, comments are currently closed. “I Should Have Known Better” — Sufjan Stevens, I should have known better/To see what I could see/My black shroud/Holding down my feelings/A pillar for my enemies, I ain’t living like I should/A little rest might do me good/Got to sinking in the place where I once stood, 14. I used to play this song very sparingly and only before difficult math tests (I didn’t want this amazing song to lose its potency by being overplayed ;)).
The lyrics knock a somber punch right into our gut: "Yeah this is one of those moments that's got your name written all over it / And you know that if I have just one wish it'd be that you didn't have to miss this." It reminds parents and kids to just slow down and bask in the wonder of now. No matter what’s going on in your life, there’s a country tune that matches your mood. Her one-of-a-kind, beautiful warble may quell some of the pain, but the moment you start listening to the actual lyrics again, here come the tears. Martina tells the story of a little girl who's being abused and "hides the bruises with linen and lace."

In a poignant tribute to his grandfathers, Scotty McCreery perfectly captures yearning for one more outing, meal, or fishing trip with someone you love. They are heartbreaking and often make us cry. “Everybody Hates Me” — The Chainsmokers, I’m so defeated, I can’t get outside my head, I am, I said/To no one there/And no one heard at all/Not even the chair, People are strange when you’re a stranger/Faces look ugly when you’re alone, 72. They might remind me of the ephemeral nature of everything—including severe depression—and push me to keep clinging to that teensy, tiny hair of hope and the knowledge that the pain will not last forever. 3-Ingredient Candy Corn Fruit Parfaits Will be a Healthy Halloween Hit, 20 Spooky (But Not So Spooky) Halloween Movies for Kids That You Can Watch Now on Netflix, 31 Easy Keto Sausage Recipes For Nights When You're So Over Chicken, Fish and Beef, Memphis Garrett Discusses His 'Need-to-Know' Mindset During, Get Your Membership Card Ready! But here, she captures a different feeling: The total, all-encompassing sadness of losing someone you love.
“1-800-273-8255” — Logic ft. Alessia Cara, Khalid, It’s holding on, though the road’s long/And seeing light in the darkest things/And when you stare at your reflection/Finally knowing who it is/I know that you’ll thank God you did, Where did I go wrong?/I lost a fried/Somewhere along in the bitterness/And I would have stayed up with you all nit/Had I known how to save a life, Please let me take you/Out of the darkness and into the light, Every night I try my best to dream tomorrow makes it better/And wake up to the cold reality and not a thing is changed, 93.

Man.

To help foster awareness and acceptance of mental health, we’ve rounded up 16 songs with lyrics about topics like therapy, depression, anxiety and more. 6. You seem to be logged out. “I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry” — Hank Williams, Hear that lonesome whipporwhill/He sounds to blue to fly/The midnight train is whining low/I’m so lonesome I could cry, I don’t think you understand/There’s nowhere left to turn, And if those mirrors could talk it would say ‘you gotta go’, I see a red door and I want to paint it black/No colors anymore I want them to turn black, In my dark times I’ve still got some problems I know/Driving too fast but just moving too slow/And I’ve got something I’ve been trying to let go/Pulling me back every time, And I don’t understand why I sleep all day/And I start to complain that there’s no rain/And all I can do is read a book to stay awake/And it rips my life away but it’s a great escape, 20. The "Single Ladies" of eighties country. “I Just Wasn’t Made For These Times” — Beach Boys, Sometimes I feel very sad (Can’t find nothin’ I can put my heart and soul into), 53. Celebrity interviews, recipes and health tips delivered to your inbox. Miranda Lambert tunes have a unique knack for capturing a specific moment, glance, or 7 a.m. exit. The list of the best classic country songs of all times just keeps growing and growing!When it comes to sad songs (oh, the sad songs), country music does it so right, capturing those somber, sick-at-heart emotions like no other genre can. Songs about depression can provide solace to those affected by showing they're not alone in their struggle. Some are motivational and upbeat while others are a little slower and something to relate to when you’re feeling down. It may be mid-tempo as opposed to the typical slow, sad country song, but it still gets us every time. She writes about personal development, inspirational quotes, and how to improve your life.

Don't you ever wonder if you had taken a left turn in life instead of veering right? This is not medical advice. 10. For professional help, please talk to a therapist or doctor and get the help you deserve.

This playlist is comprised of 75+ songs about depression written by artists who are able to articulate what depression feels like. “Holding On and Letting Go” by Ross Copperman, 16. Country music an be therapy for listeners and it’s a reason why so many love country music. And as a bonus, who can forget the amazing “I’ll Make a Man Out of You” from Mulan? "And I said if there's any way you can / Could you paint me back into her arms again?" When it rains, some people get down/They’re sporting a frown so I fit right in, I’m a ghost of a girl/That I want to be most/I’m the shell of a girl/That I used to know well, I live in a city sorrow built/It’s in my honey, it’s in my milk, And it makes no difference how far I go/Like a scar the pain will always show, If you’re on your own/In this life/The days and nights are long/When you think you’ve had too much/Of this life/To hang on, So a day when you’ve lost yourself completely/Could be a night when your life ends/ Such a heart that will lead you to deceiving/All the pain held in your/Hands are shaking cold/Your hands are min to hold, When the silence isn’t quiet/And it feels like it’s getting hard to breathe/And I know you feel like dying/But I promise we’ll take the world to its feet, 89. 1 hit delivers with angelic supporting vocals from Janie Fricke. After his wife sent him a goodbye note and then vanished, Vince still can't believe she's gone. Country duo Brooks & Dunn tells the story of old man Wrigley, a Navy veteran who has lost his wife and his baby, through the eyes of a young boy.