© 2013-2020 Shutterstock Inc. All rights reserved. While it’s striking on its own, it’s also the perfect companion for pops of bright, contrasting colors such as the aforementioned Lush Lava and Aqua Menthe. See the Aqua Menthe curated footage collection. How does Benjamin Moore choose its annual Color of the Year and the Color Trends palette? It fondly brings to mind summer vacations and the crystal-clear waters of Bora Bora. We may earn commission on some of the items you choose to buy. Color can highlight something important or just as easily disguise something insignificant. I’m loving it enlivened with strategic pops of brights, white, and ebony to add warmth and drama to the cocooning factor.” —Elaine Griffin of Elaine Griffin Design, “Pastels are still hugely popular, but I think we’re gravitating toward pastels with added warmth and earthy undertones. The emotional response is immediate, and the look remains timeless.” —Laura Umansky of Laura U Interior Design, “We are embracing rich, saturated blue, green, and gray colors that change based on the time of day and light in the room. Like its namesake, this bold and fiery orange-red can’t help but demand attention. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Right Paint, 18 Top Designers' Favorite Neutral Paint Colors, 10+ Chartreuse Color Ideas For Dreary Spaces, 20 Chic Living Rooms with Creative Color Palettes, 60 High-Style Rooms with Blue Accent Walls, William Waldron; Produced by Anita Sarsidi. A nice blue-gray evokes wellness.” —John Cialone of Tom Stringer Design Partners, “Deep avocado green is everything to me right now! Famously used in van Gogh’s Starry Night, this deep saturated indigo-navy perfectly illustrated the dramatic skies around a glowing moon. Explore and shop them all here. While versatile, I prefer a bold pattern, like Art Deco ziggurat tile, for a little drama. Instilling calm, confidence, and connection, this enduring blue hue highlights our desire for a dependable and stable foundation on which to build as we cross the threshold into a new era. Darker tones communicate stability, trustworthiness, and sophistication—and Phantom Blue is no exception. Saturated, rich avocado green is actually a blend of almost every color in the rainbow, so it goes with everything. See the Phantom Blue curated footage collection. 6 trending colors to use in 2019. Colormix ® Color Forecast 2020. See all. I expect to see a lot of these natural, earthy tones for the remainder of 2020.” —Jade Joyner of Metal + Petal, “I think navy blue will continue to dominate the remainder of the year. Introducing 45 trend colors, spun into five welcoming and intuitive palettes that bring joy, serenity and focus to the mind, body and spirit. After a decade filled with all-white kitchens and gray everywhere, I’m hopeful that homeowners will begin to embrace color—from nature-inspired greens and blues to rich jewel tones—and take more design risks.” —Sue Wadden of Sherwin-Williams, “No fear! Here are some of the hottest hues for the year ahead from across the pond and beyond. Three simple color palettes to use when designing. We looked to Envato search data and our experts—and found five new color trends emerging as this year’s favorites. 30 examples of pastel colors. It is actually an amazing neutral that pairs well with so many colors: camel, rust, navy, peach, and pale woods, such as white oak and birch. Whether in the exaggerated shadows of a popular nightclub or a new pair of dark denim jeans, this shade mesmerizes the eye with its rich depth. I’m seeing a lot every time I travel—prints with a caravan of colors.” —John Robshaw of John Robshaw Textiles, 60 Small Bathroom Designs That Are Far from Boring, The Inside Launches Holiday and Tabletop Lines, This House Is a Lesson in Universal Design, 31 Cool and Sophisticated Boys’ Bedroom Ideas, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. Color is a simple, yet powerful form of messaging. Warm neutrals and tones in place of cool grays and blues will be much more popular for colors this coming year.” —Cheryl Eisen of Interior Marketing Group, “High-contrast black and white is such a dynamic duo. A neutral that floats between warm and cool. Discover the 10 colors in the Color Trends 2020 palette, which complement the Color of the Year across all rooms in a home. 4. But when it comes to colors that have been unexpectedly popular, we’re definitely seeing a trend toward rich, moody hues. And that’s what dark, velvety hues do best: They bring the cozy like nobody’s business. While color is universally celebrated, countries from around the globe have diverging (and sometimes converging) trends when it comes to which shades are having their moment in the spotlight. But pinpointing the perfect color for your space can be quite tricky sometimes, so we’ve decided to consult with top designers and color experts for a bit of direction. It portrays a wide range of emotions without so much as a word or image. Rooted in its sparkling semi-precious origins and reminiscent of luxurious, ocean-front shorelines, this bright hue evokes ‘look at me now’ in a decidedly calm way. We then mapped each pixel to their closest named hex code and deduced which colors had the greatest growth between last year and this year to give you this, our 2020 Color Trends. Aqua Menthe is a mix of cyan and mint—two colors that are individually pleasing to the eye but together become an even more stunning shade. It can invoke the past, inform the present, and inspire the future. Color Trends 2020: From Classic Blue to Burnt Orange. Monique Valeris is the senior home editor for Good Housekeeping, where she covers decorating ideas, home tours, gift guides and more. Plus, I love colors that are deep and calming at the same time.” —Amy Sklar of Amy Sklar Design, “When it comes to paint colors at Clare, we believe in timeless over trendy. The biggest color trends in 2020. Culturally, this shade represents happiness, love, and good health in Asian countries—something to keep in mind when communicating with that audience. Living room paint colors 2020 have adopted hazelnut as their lead shade. Related articles. One color that appears to have true staying power: pink. “Jewel tones come back in style over and over again as a go-to for adding some punch and pizzazz to any interior. Here are the top color trends for 2020, according to interior designers and color experts. See the Lush Lava curated footage collection. Visit your local Benjamin Moore retailer for your own Color of the Year 2020 brochure, or get your copy here. On-screen and printer color representations may vary from actual paint colors. By Lachean Humphreys. See the Phantom Blue curated image collection. Mixing other shades with green is a bold move. Posted 23 Jan 2020. I’ve also found myself leaning into terra-cotta tones. Colors like cobalt blue, kelly green, or even aubergine can evoke monochromatic in a daring way that’s full of personality and elegance.” —Jonathan Rachman of Decorist, “My new color crush is a dusty teal. As an enterprise driven by creativity, Shutterstock appreciates how intrinsic color is to design, marketing, messaging, and everything in-between. From the brilliant glow of a stunning sunset to the burning embers of a roaring fireplace, this vibrant hue isn’t afraid to confidently stand out in a crowd. Receive The Latest Inspiration and Advice. Announcing the Pantone Color of the Year 2020 PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue. What colors will continue to dominate homes in 2020? Unsubscribe Anytime. It portrays a wide range of emotions without so much as a word or image. In practical use, this exciting color easily catches the eye—a perfect tool for companies looking to immediately draw attention to their branding. Find the perfect on-trend color with curated palettes, how-to’s, and other tools for 2020 from the color experts at Behr. Gray-green is a unique approach to interior color trends 2020. From moody hues to vibrant shades, here are the colors you’ll see everywhere this year. Read on to discover predictions for color trends in 2020 from top designers around the country. The Top Kitchen Cabinet Paint Colors for 2020, The Top 2020 Trend Predictions, According to Etsy, The Design Trends That Are IN and OUT in 2020. See the Lush Lava curated image collection. In the islands of the Caribbean, people love to splash this tropical shade across houses and buildings to create an uplifting landscape. Whether used as an accent or as a main color, it’s an excellent choice for fun and contemporary brands. ELLE Decor participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Whether featured in saturated jewel-box rooms or as pops of color in a more neutral space, they always do the trick in creating environments with drama and flair. Shades of chocolate brown, wine, olive green, and ocher are all taking over in homes. The ten harmonious hues of the Color Trends 2020 palette, including First Light, deliver modern paint color pairings that combine optimism with understatement, a timeless way to lighten up. Please check your email to confirm your subscription. Check out this collection and learn how to mix and match hues to make your projects more eye-catching. Whether it’s a response to the minimalist obsession of recent years or a collective desire for self-expression, the idea that more is more has climbed to new heights. See the Aqua Menthe curated image collection. It’s also a top five best-selling color, and outside of this rich green shade, we’re seeing more of an interest in deeper, moodier colors.” —Nicole Gibbons of Clare, “In 2020, we’re going to see a shift away from the cool color palette that defined the last decade and toward warmer, more organic tones. To discover exactly which colors are on the rise, we sorted through our customer downloads and analyzed hundreds of billions of pixel data from all those images. Every item on this page was curated by an ELLE Decor editor. Enjoy color and design inspiration, product innovation news, and event updates. From moody hues to vibrant shades, here's inspiration for your own home. Any interior designer will confirm that color has the power to transform a room, whether it’s a bold accent wall or an unexpected painted ceiling. Here, the deep magenta paired with ocher yellow (and teal) give some much-needed oomph to this monochromatic gray space.” —Danielle Colding of Danielle Colding Design, “I love warm creams and lovely stone colors—colors that leave me feeling grounded. They immediately create a mysterious, sexy, and interesting space.” —Kristen Peña of K Interiors, “Say goodbye to the cool tones that have ruled for so many years. See First Light 2102-70 and the Color Trends 2020 palette come to life. All the way back, starting from 2018, green has been dominating the color choices for interior design. Green is definitely the star of interior color trends 2020. I love ikats with crazy, punchy color combinations that don’t back down. Want to take a spin on the color wheel? This rosy shade, which was the Benjamin Moore 2020 color of the year, continues to bloom for interior designers, who are pairing it with other warm colors such as cinnamon and saffron. When the world outside gets scary, your home—no matter what size, where it is, or whether you rent or own—goes into nurturing overdrive. From fashion to fine arts, we’ve been seeing a shift from soft pastel colors to more sensational shades. For overall color palettes, we’re using a mix of both spring and autumnal colors.” —Young Huh of Young Huh Interior Design, “Monochromatic does not have to be pale.