Like us on Facebook to see similar stories. A fire broke out inside Citi Field in Queens Wednesday afternoon, sending flames and smoke flaring from one of the entrances for several minutes before it … That could devastate the economy and their lives. Smoke is coming into the ballpark. I wish I could because this would be a lot funnier. pic.twitter.com/TzHHDUiAA1. During their game with the Atlanta Braves on Sunday, something was on fire just outside Citi Field and the smoke drifted on to the field of play. FLUSHING, Queens (WABC) -- A massive fire broke out in Queens just behind Citi Field. The fire … Where to find good, cheap pasta in every state. If Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez had won bidding to be the new owners, then this would have been perfect. Officials crack down on planned 10,000 person NYC wedding, Cuomo unveils plan that targets clusters at 'block-by-block' level, Here's when many NY movie theaters will be allowed to reopen, NJ officer saves suicidal man's life: 'I wasn't going to let go', 80-year-old man dies following apartment fire, Former sergeant votes from hospital bed before he dies, Day care aide charged with sexually abusing 3 children, Cautious optimism about absentee ballots in NY, Why there are COVID testing concerns at NYC schools, COVID Updates: Another outbreak aboard US Navy ship, Chinatown museum, artifacts ravaged in fire restored, reimagined in new space, Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts. The Mets entered Sunday with a 24-28 record, but I wouldn't exactly call them a dumpster fire. The black plumes of smoke billowed from 35th Avenue in Flushing. You can always get a laugh out of me with a papal conclave joke. Smoke is now filling the stadium. pic.twitter.com/vtItVa3BLr, Looks like something is on fire right outside Citi Field. The New York Mets haven't been great this year but this kind of symbolism is a bit heavy-handed. Something appears to be on fire outside Citi Field. COVID-19 is pushing these college students to drop out. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. Personally, my favorite reaction is below: Smoke rises beyond the walls of Citi Field as the new owner is officially selected pic.twitter.com/NRnDTW3702. CORONA, Queens (WABC) -- As if the New York Mets didn't have enough injuries and other problems to deal with, yet another sprouted up on Wednesday afternoon when a fire broke out at their ballpark. Show full articles without "Continue Reading" button for {0} hours. Something is on fire at or outside of Citi Field. Copyright © 2020 WABC-TV. FDNY fire inspectors averted a potentially lethal post-season blast near Citi Field, removing some 4,000 flammable gas tanks from a Queens welding company just two … Copyright © 2020 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved. pic.twitter.com/98u7aBY2H9.

The Mets and Braves are still playing. https://news.yahoo.com/massive-fire-breaks-behind-citi-215204907.html

FLUSHING, Queens (WABC) -- A massive fire broke out in Queens just behind Citi Field. Something at Citi Field caught on fire in a display case while the Mets are out of town The Mets are on the road, but Citi Field still had something going on By R.J. Anderson Officials crack down on planned 10,000 person NYC wedding, Cuomo unveils plan that targets clusters at 'block-by-block' level, Here's when many NY movie theaters will be allowed to reopen, NJ officer saves suicidal man's life: 'I wasn't going to let go', 80-year-old man dies following apartment fire, Former sergeant votes from hospital bed before he dies, Day care aide charged with sexually abusing 3 children, Cautious optimism about absentee ballots in NY, Why there are COVID testing concerns at NYC schools, COVID Updates: Another outbreak aboard US Navy ship, Chinatown museum, artifacts ravaged in fire restored, reimagined in new space, Mets announce hedge fund billionaire Steve Cohen has reached deal to buy team, Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts.

Something Is On Fire at Citi Field During a Mets Game. The New York Mets haven't been great this year but this kind of symbolism is a bit heavy-handed.

The fire began just after 3:30 p.m. inside a display case in the Jackie Robinson Rotunda at Citi Field and was quickly extinguished thanks to the sprinkler system and firefighters. All Rights Reserved.