Please read our privacy policy / terms & conditions. I’ve also included a mix of his YA and adult books, just to be more complete. The Midnight Club begins at Rotterdam Home. Hier tritt - ganz überraschend - Cpt. Sein Pseudonym wählte er nach Captain Christopher Pike aus der Pilotfolge von Raumschiff Enterprise. I find this purposeful though, since it effectively adds to the novel’s visceral tone. This is a perfect example of Christopher Pike’s unique relation to his young readers. :! The Last Vampire / Thirst admittedly starts off generic, but eventually evolves into a full-blown thriller packed with government conspiracy theories, mythical lore, existential dilemmas, and much more. No small feat, considering how many I’ve taken in over the years. However, strangely, her family doesn’t seem to be able to see her. In the ‘90s, it felt like every teenager had their nose buried in a Christopher Pike novel. (Yes, 2004 was a severely off-base estimate when it comes to our expeditions to Mars!). Dieser Entwicklung nach hätte der 28. Regardless, I still think there’s something really special about the way he crafts teen horror that hasn’t been replicated since. In addition, he sometimes relies on unintended stereotypes that seem dated by today’s standards. Lucy Quintanilla. Fortsetzung der Spook City Reihe von Christopher Pike. Of the latter, there are moments when, for example, Alisa’s mindset swings oddly between a time-trodden immortal (as she should be) – and a juvenile, angst-ridden teen. The tech in this book is obviously outdated, seeing as VCRs are mostly extinct these days. This is intentional because, honestly, The Midnight Club‘s plot per se isn’t its main appeal. Now an adult in my 30s, and having read many authors since then, it’s easier for me to nitpick at some of Christopher Pike’s writing flaws. Prior to today’s plethora of teen vampire novels, The Last Vampire series really felt like a breath of fresh air. In addition, I applaud Christopher Pike for taking risks with the ending – which isn’t necessarily as you’d expect. Lovecraft books! The dialogue in The Starlight Crystal isn’t Pike’s best. Here are a few more you might really like! To me, The Season of Passage is unequivocally Christopher Pike’s magnum opus. For adults, obviously!). Im Jahr 1998 kam dann der aktuell letzte Band der Spook City-Bücher in die Geschäfte. Due to recent market demands, The Last Vampire has since been repackaged as Thirst – with newer installments still being published. Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil! Pike’s characters are well fleshed out, some of whom have quite a bit of sass and bite. That’s when Mary divulges a dark secret: the ‘people’ she’d killed were in fact not human, but ravenous monsters of some kind. A thought-provoking book that invites you to think deeply about spirituality – more specifically, what it all means to you. Let me set things straight. She befriends Ray, a teen whom she teams up with to uncover the truth as to why she’s being targeted. Die Buchreihe ging über eine Zeitspanne von drei Jahren durchschnittlich jede 1,2 Monate weiter. Die Geschichte findet sich unter dem Link [URL:http://www.sandammeer.at/rezensionen/oltion-seameetssky.htm], aber die Empfehlung, nach diesem Roman die Reihe noch einmal von vorne zu beginnen kannich trotzdem geben. Im Jahre 1995 hat die Reihe ihren Anfang. Christopher Pike changed my life as a reader, and I hope he’ll inspire you, too! (Speaking of which, you can also check out my list of other vampire romance books worth reading.). While still a great page-turner, I find the second one to be quite far-fetched, essentially turning a suspense thriller into something supernatural. Overall, Chain Letter isn’t the most complex nor nuanced Christopher Pike book. (If you’re into horror, you can also check out our list of great Stephen King and H.P. Proof That Christopher Pike Wrote Some Pretty Fucked-Up Books For Teens. Monster is Christopher Pike’s clean-cut foray into over-the-top teen science-fiction / horror. Angela’s development as a character is also well-paced. Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Es stammt übrigens nicht einzig diese Reihenfolge von Christopher Pike, sondern ebenfalls die Buchreihe Alosha. Vorstellen möchte ich Euch diesmal "Der schwarze Dom" von Christopher Pike, einem einstigen Bestseller-Autor aus Amerika. Even with its flaws, I think The Season of Passage is sorely overlooked by the sci-fi loving masses. Don’t believe me? On the flip side, the first two parts (especially the second) aren’t the best Christopher Pike books. Manchmal kann es zu einer Schlägerei kommen, aber das bleibt alles mehr oder weniger in der Familie. The year is 2004. It’s understandable, though, seeing as most older fictional works are inescapably shaped by past societal norms. Entdecke Bücher von Christopher Pike, die richtige Reihenfolge, Rezensionen und vielleicht sogar neue Bücher, die Du bisher nicht kanntest. You’re drawn so deeply into Shari’s world – of pain, love, anger, and regret – that you’ll find yourself filled with heartfelt empathy by the time it’s all finished. In Amerika steht er in etwa auf einer Stufe mit R.L. Thinking Mary to be mad, Angela nonetheless decides to probe further – and soon discovers the terrifying truth. The Starlight Crystal covers some very evocative sci-fi themes. Dort können sich diejenigen, die mächtige Schiffe jedweder Form und Ära kommandiert haben, treffen, um sich zu entspannen und ein oder zwei Drinks mit anderen ihres Schlags zu genießen. But nothing is quite as it seems as she unravels a mystery drenched in unexpected hate and vengeance. She’s a celebrated medical officer who suspects an alien infection has killed off the secluded Russian crew. You really feel like you’re a part of her dangerous and self-evolving journey to destroy an ancient evil. They aren’t ranked in any particular order, and of course, have been chosen based on my personal taste. I admit, I’m not sure teens these days will understand what snail-mail ‘chain letters’ are, what with emails and digital technology being so ubiquitous. August 16, 2018. Gimme A Kiss, for instance, hasn’t held up well over the years. I grew up on Mr. Pike. Pretty nifty – until one day she sees herself in the headlines, for all the wrong reasons. Everyone’s gone. Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Nostalgia aside, I still think of them as among the most enthralling books I’ve ever read. It’s a quick, atmospheric read that twists and turns in all the right ways. There’s a hint of The Lovely Bones here, before that book was even published. That to me is the hallmark of not just a great young adult writer, but an all-round gifted author who, in my opinion, remains woefully underrated by the masses. Things start off with a literal bang. Der Teil "Das Geheimnis des Grabes" eröffnet die Serie. Unfortunately, the doctor soon discovers that Mars holds a secret far scarier than what she and her comrades can ever fathom. Die Originalausgabe des ersten Buches lautet zum Beispiel "The Secret Path". However, against your better judgment, you’ll start to warm up to him when he discovers he’s accidentally caught a potential murder on film. Which is a crying shame. The U.S. has commissioned a journey to Mars. 1: The Last Vampire, Black … Sati is about a girl who shows up in a small town as people around her react to her odd and inexplicably mythical presence. Twenty years on, I still find the book to be among the most satisfying sci-fi horror novels ever written. In deinem Webbrowser ist JavaScript deaktiviert. It is an odd sci-fictional concoction, for sure, which is precisely why it’s such a delightful and unique read. Back then, I binge read nearly every book he churned out, and was always ecstatic when he released something new. Entsprechend wird es mit hoher Wahrscheinlichkeit keine Fortführung der Reihe geben. She soon realizes she’s actually dead – an invisible wandering spirit. We then shift to Angela, Mary’s best friend, who visits her in a holding cell. Still a highly enjoyable read, though! It’s a mistake to compare these books by Christopher Pike to the unabashed teen romances of Twilight. He’s the author who inspired me as a kid to become an avid lifelong reader! Put simply, he didn’t dumb things down for his young audience, which is something I greatly respect. Go for it! In short, if you’re even remotely interested in vampire fiction, give these books a try! Be warned. She then does everything she can to change her tragic fate – or die trying. However, I still ventured back to read several lesser-known Christopher Pike books – in particular, those marketed to a more grown-up audience. The story focuses on Paige, an eighteen-year-old who lives on a time-bending spaceship that orbits Earth as it moves beyond light speed. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. But what it does have is a lot of heart. But, in the end, the narrative ebb and flow, along with the rich cast of characters, truly makes this novel an enrapturing reading experience. The above are some of my all-time favorite books by Christopher Pike. Things escalate quickly when Shari finds out she didn’t just die – she’s been murdered! Many long-time Pike fans feel the same. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Rather, the book is merely used by Pike as an impetus for us to reflect on the bittersweet paradox of our ephemeral – yet, transcendental – lives. Christopher Pike maxes the chill factor here with a young adult tale that, surprisingly, tackles a number of mature issues, including abortion. The Best HP Lovecraft Books That'll Give You Nightmares, 15+ Best Vampire Romance Books Like Twilight & The Vampire Diaries (Paranormal Love). Sie hat sich seit der Idee auf insgesamt 27 Bücher vermehrt. Die Originalausgaben der Reihenfolge kommen ursprünglich nicht aus Deutschland. Vor über zwanzig Jahren entstand diese Serie von Christopher Pike (Pseudonym von Kevin Christopher McFadden). Don’t be discouraged by the Fear Street-esque cover.