Then Matt looked up at me and said, "You should write a comic book, too." and you're friends with a number of comic creators. In 14 starts for the Suns, he had a 4–4 record, a 2.55 ERA, 90 strikeouts, and 24 walks in 74 innings pitched. Matt Cain was born on October 1, 1984 in Dothan, Alabama, USA as Matthew Thomas Cain. [22] On May 21, Cain pitched his first complete game shutout, a one-hitter against the Oakland Athletics. 50th Anniversary," a story that features art by Joëlle Jones and is sure to please fans of both incarnations of the title character. I wanted this book to have a '70s vibe -- it doesn't take place in the '70s, but I wanted the visual reference. August 27, 2016: San Francisco Giants sent RHP Matt Cain on a rehab assignment to Sacramento River Cats. [23] On June 19, Cain pitched ​7 2⁄3 innings of no-hit ball against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim before finally surrendering a single to Chone Figgins. Pop-Psychology for Superheroes (Chronicle Books, 2006), which Cain co-wrote with her husband. [19] In addition, he supports Project Open Hand,[12] and has expressed his support for same-sex marriage by appearing in the "No H8" photo campaign opposing California's Proposition 8. Hattie or Hatty 6. The two married in fall 2009 and have two daughters, Hartley and Everly. In Game 2 of the NL Division Series against the Atlanta Braves on October 8, Cain allowed one unearned run in ​6 2⁄3 innings but received a no-decision as the Giants lost 5–4 in 11 innings. [4] Cain also spent part of his childhood in Germantown, Tennessee, where he attended Houston High School.

He did not pitch and I failed to see him. There was just this sense of reinvention and smarts. [13] In 26 starts, Cain had a 10–5 record and ​145 2⁄3 innings pitched. San Francisco Giants activated RHP Matt Cain. [60] In Game 3 of the NL Championship Series against the Philadelphia Phillies on October 19, he threw seven shutout innings and earned the win in a 3–0 victory over the Phillies. I think he is a great pitcher, and I even have a poster of him in my room! Since 2009, Cain has been married to Chelsea Williams, with whom he … Early in his career Cain was a power pitcher whose fastball ranged from 94-98 mph. Fans of Marvel television know Bobbi Morse as a spy, thanks to her role on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." Draft: Drafted by the San Francisco Giants in the 1st round (25th) of the 2002 MLB June Amateur Draft from Houston HS (Germantown, TN). Or possibly I've just really screwed up. Cain was limited to 21 appearances (17 starts) due to injuries...he posted a 4-8 record with a 5.64 ERA (56er, 89.1ip) overall...Was placed on the disabled list three times throughout the season...twice with a right hamstring strain (May 28-June 13 and June 14-July 20) and once with a lower back strain (August 18-September 2)...missed a total of 56 games...Went 4-8 with a 5.81 ERA (54er, 83.2ip) over his 17 starts...made just four quality starts...Was placed in the bullpen after being activated from the disabled list on Sept 2...made four relief appearances, allowing two runs in 5.2 innings of work (3.18 ERA)...Struggled at the beginning of the season, posting a 0-4 record with a 7.84 ERA (27er, 31.0ip) and a .341 (44-for-129) over his first six outings...His best starts of the season came over a three game stretch from May 10-May 21 where he posted a 1.71 ERA (4er, 21.0ip), while holding opponents to a .253 (19-for-75) average against...Held opponents to a .240 clip (11 extra-base hits) the first time through the lineup...however, the opposition combined to hit .344 with 25 extrabase hits the second and third times time through the lineup...Made three rehab starts with three different minor league affiliates, starting for the rookie league Arizona Giants (3.1ip, 3h, 2r, 2er, 1hr, 6so), triple-A Sacramento (W, 5.2ip, 1h, 2r, 2er, 2bb, 2so) and Class A Advanced San Jose (L, 4.0ip, 10h, 9r, 9er, 3bb, 2so)...Despite suffering the loss, he made one of his best starts of the season on May 10 vs. Toronto... he threw 8.0 innings, allowing two runs on six hits with seven strikeouts...it marked his longest start since Aug. 1, 2013 (also 8.0 innings at PHI)...Recorded his first win in almost 10 months on May 21 vs. Chicago-NL...held the MLB-leading Cubs to one run on six hits in 6.0 innings of work in the Giants' 5-3 victory…it marked Cain's first win since July 22, 2015 at San Diego, snapping a streak of 15 consecutive winless starts...Left his start in the second inning on May 27 at Colorado with a right hamstring strain after just 1.2 innings (26 pitches)…felt it on his second-tolast pitch to Gerardo Parra, who flew out to left field... had to leave the game after that at-bat and was placed on the 15-day disabled list on May 28...Was reinstated from the 15-day disabled list on June 13 after missing a pair of starts...started that night against the Brewers and re-aggravated his hamstring after tossing 3.2 innings, while allowing three runs on five hits with five walks and was placed back on the disabled list the next day...On July 31, he tossed 5.0 no-hit innings vs. the Nationals before being removed from the game…since the Giants moved to San Francisco in 1958, Mike Krukow (May 12, 1983), Lincecum, and Cain are the only three Giants to throw 5.0 or more no-hit innings without throwing a complete game...also picked up the win, becoming the sixth pitcher to reach 100 career wins in a Giants uniform, joining Juan Marichal (238), Gaylord Perry (134), Tim Lincecum (108), Kirk Rueter (105) and Mike McCormick (104)...In his next start on August 6 at Washington he pitched another 5.0-scoreless innings, becoming just the third pitcher in the modern era (since 1900) to pitch exactly 5.0-scoreless innings and earn a win in back-to-back starts within a single season, with both starts coming against the same opposing team... it was also accomplished by Otto Hess for the Indians against the Tigers in 1904 and by Jim Deshaies for the Astros versus the Braves in 1986.
Marc and I hosted that dinner party with the singular goal of convincing Chuck to write a comic. What sort of hints can you offer up about the adversaries the title character is up against in your "Mockingbird: S.H.I.E.L.D. And he sighed and put his head in his hands. The rest, as they say, is history. [34] He had 163 strikeouts and 79 walks in 200 innings pitched; he led the league with 12 wild pitches. You are very fortunate to be married to a pro baseball player. During the 2010 MLB Postseason, he did not allow an earned run in any of the three playoff games he pitched in as the Giants won their first World Series since 1954. He was one of seven NL players to throw two or more shutouts.

Chelsea Cain: I felt like I could give her a point of view. After a year in New York, she returned to Portland, and edited an anthology for Seal Press titled Wild Child: Girlhoods in the Counterculture. Someone important to Bobbi is killed, and she goes after the killer. Marc was the one who came up with the idea. San Francisco Giants placed RHP Matt Cain on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to April 4, 2015.

San Francisco Giants sent RHP Matt Cain on a rehab assignment to Richmond Flying Squirrels. Cain was born February 5, 1972 in Iowa City, Iowa, to Mary Cain and Larry Schmidt. But I'm a fan. So he's obviously a psychopath. Duke replaced Cain on the NL All-Star team.

I am a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE fan of Matt Cain! In June, he was promoted to the Norwich Navigators of the Double-A Eastern League. (: Good luck in the rest of the season?

[42] In his next start on May 23, he threw a complete game, allowing just one run as San Francisco defeated the Seattle Mariners 5–1. Haley or Hailey 8. – FINAL EXITS by Michael Largo. [10] Cain attended spring training in 2005, but he began the season with the Fresno Grizzlies of the Triple-A Pacific Coast League (PCL). [104], On July 31 at AT&T Park, in a 3-1 win over the Washington Nationals, Cain won his one-hundredth career game by tossing five no-hit innings on ninety-three pitches, making him the sixth pitcher in the San Francisco Era and the twenty-third pitcher in Giants franchise history to win at least one hundred games. Cain was scheduled to become a free agent after the 2012 season. Cain earned a $5 million signing bonus, and earned $20 million each season from 2013–17. Because despite her questionable taste in men (Ka-Zar anyone?) All of this excitement could not have happened to a nicer man, your husband. I would love to write that book. Cain met his wife Chelsea Williams during spring training while she was a student at Arizona State University majoring in sociology. Position: Pitcher Bats: Right • Throws: Right 6-3, 230lb (190cm, 104kg) Born: October 1, 1984 in Dothan, AL us.

This September, acclaimed thriller writer Chelsea Cain will make her comics debut with "Mockingbird: S.H.I.E.L.D. He finished eighth with 193 strikeouts, joining teammates Bumgarner and Lincecum among the top 10 in the NL in that category. In 2009, Cain was named to his first career All-Star Game and won the Willie Mac Award. Cain spent her early childhood on a hippie commune outside of Iowa City. At the time, Chelsea was waitressing at a local steakhouse. Matt Cain. She wrote her first thriller Heartsick in 2004, while pregnant with her daughter. You are like the luckiest person on the face of the planet!! Cain struggled for the remainder of the season before being sidelined due to elbow difficulties in July, pitching his last game on July 9, 2014. The use of software that blocks ads hinders our ability to serve you the content you came here to enjoy. [12], In 2010, Cain was part of a rotation that included 2008 and 2009 NL Cy Young Award winner Lincecum, 2002 American League Cy Young Award winner Barry Zito, Jonathan Sánchez, and Wellemeyer[51] (who was replaced midseason by Madison Bumgarner).

I considered that a plus. Right elbow inflammation, San Francisco Giants placed RHP Matt Cain on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to May 22, 2014. 06-14-2012: Last night, Matt Cain pitched what many are calling the best game ever pitched in baseball history, and his wife was there to see the whole thing. They have one daughter, Eliza. Bringing your characters to life is Joëlle Jones,a versatile artist who does everything from the viking horror of "Helheim" to the suburban crime/comedy "Lady Killer." San Francisco Giants sent RHP Matt Cain on a rehab assignment to San Jose Giants. [62] On October 28, Cain capped an impressive post-season performance as he pitched ​7 2⁄3 scoreless innings in Game 2 of the World Series against the Texas Rangers (a 9–0 Giants' victory) to become the fifth pitcher to pitch at least 20 innings in the postseason without allowing an earned run. Copyright © 2009-2018 PlayerWives.com, All Rights Reserved. He wear argyle socks. San Francisco Giants activated RHP Matt Cain from the 15-day disabled list. Chelsea Cain: I felt like I could give her a point of view. Conquering super villains, you say? Chelsea Cain (24) Forward - 2019-20 (Freshman): Played in all 29 games, starting in 10... averaged 15.0 minutes as a true freshman... totaled 141 points for a 4.9 They are like pigeons here in Portland. An answer might save my 43 year marriage. [89] San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee, in recognition of the perfect game, presented Cain with the key to the city and made a proclamation that June 13 every year will be known as "Matt Cain Day". 50th Anniversary" is your first comics work. Tell him he has a huge fan! Right hamstring strain, San Francisco Giants placed RHP Matt Cain on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to August 26, 2015. [16], Cain's 2005 performance was impressive enough that manager Felipe Alou named him to the team's 2006 starting rotation before spring training began. [31][32] In September, he had an 0–3 record. The Cardinals beat the Giants 14–3.

[53] In his next start, on May 28, Cain shut out the Diamondbacks, allowing one hit (a double by Mark Reynolds) as the Giants won 5–0. Sorry, you got the date wrong. Matt’s most impressive accomplishment is NOT his Perfect Game but getting a true HOF Wife. [97] In late September, Cain underwent surgery on his right ankle to remove a bone spur. Matt Cain.

Contusion on his right forearm. Which aspects of her character are you especially interested in exploring in this story? But she doesn't draw them through the male gaze. How would you describe the tone? Matt spent ten years making arts and entertainment programmes for ITV, including documentaries about Freddie Mercury, Mamma Mia! The Giants scored two or fewer runs in 20 of Cain's first 30 starts.