I appreciated the training and getting paid for mileage. Improve your chances of receiving a raise when you ask. Check out the latest US Census Bureau Jobs. 180 US Census Bureau reviews. Many field representatives are responsible for finding new customers; these representatives must be knowledgeable abou. Very experienced as prior cencus worker in two prior assignments. Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Census Bureau. I have been working at US Census Bureau for less than a year, Contribute to your community How to Answer: What Are Your Strengths and Weaknesses? Field employees aren’t appreciated or recognized for the hard work and challenging circumstances they have to deal with. Only field supervisors are considered full time with holiday pay and extra benefits even though they just run reports all day and sit on conference calls. Here’s Exactly What to Write to Get Top Dollar, How To Follow Up After an Interview (With Templates! Copyright © 2008–2020, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. Stock Bonus, Profit Sharing, Commission Sharing, Tips have not been reported for this role. Just as long as I completed my work and got my cases completed. You do sometimes have to fight a little to get on new surveys. 299 reviews from U.S. Census Bureau employees about working as a Field Representative at U.S. Census Bureau. See if they're hiring! Surveyor, Field Representative work from early 2015 to the present with the U.S. Census Bureau, U.S. Department of Commerce, includes interviewing household respondents to complete national representative sampling surveys, maintaining records and adhering to standards of practice with the goal of producing highly valued national statistical reports on trends and impacts of economic importance to individual households. Glassdoor will not work properly unless browser cookie support is enabled. A single application allows you to be considered for several positions, including census taker, recruiting assistant, office clerk, and … The one that do not want to be bother please do not take it personally. Plans change daily What is the work environment and culture like at U.S. Census Bureau? Most census takers work in the field conducting interviews. Challenging balance to get people to cooperate. What is the work environment and culture like at U.S. Census Bureau? Help your community while getting paid. What benefits does U.S. Census Bureau offer? The locations where you are sent can seem intimidating at times. Please note that all salary figures are approximations based upon third party submissions to Indeed. $31K Office Manager Average Salary at United States Census Bureau (19 salaries)-$9K (25%) less than national average Office Manager salary ($40K)-$4K (12%) less than average United States Census Bureau salary ($35K) $50K. Learn about U.S. Census Bureau culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more. US Census Bureau salary trends based on salaries posted anonymously by US Census Bureau employees. I could work days and nights with no limite. Stop guessing. Terrific position if you want a good work/life balance. Visit clients and sites to inventory, audit and ensure floor plans and technical specifications are accurate. I worked from home and no one ever tried to give me a hard time about my work. “They had paid training, with plenty of training time allocated to learn everything that was needed. 0 United States Census Bureau Field Representative Salaries, Field Representative Average Salary at United States Census Bureau, United States Census Bureau Field Representative without location (38 salaries), Browse United States Census Bureau Salaries by Job Title →, Full Stack Engineer- Remote West Coast time zone. Get weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews. Average U.S. Census Bureau Field Representative hourly pay in the United States is approximately $18.05, which is 22% above the national average. temporary position , a lot of unnecessary political drama at times , I have been working at US Census Bureau part-time, Pay rate was good and there were lots of hours, Pay rate not much better than subordinates, Independence; meeting many interesting people; solving "mysteries" e.g. Is U.S. Census Bureau hiring new workers during the COVID-19 outbreak? Field supervisors make there own rules and some do not help or support there teams with no consequences. The impact made by working for the Census is a real self-fulfilling thing. Visit PayScale to research field representative hourly pay by city, experience, skill, employer and more. But, if you have a supervisor who's willing to assist you, you will be alright. The formula for a winning company culture. The wear and tear on your vehicle can be tough since some assignments are in rural areas where you may not be used to driving through. Understand what's truly driving the gender pay gap. When you get pay right, you attract and retain the best talent. Field representatives may complete a wide variety of tasks outside of their company's headquarters; these assignments can range from finding new employees to finding new customers to installing or fixing equipment. Next, use our tool to calculate your market worth & see where you stand among peers. Not even families first cares act benefit or unemployment during shutdowns or covid. I love that each field representative is mostly autonomous. If you were in charge, what would you do to make U.S. Census Bureau a better place to work? I really believed in what I was doing… I felt I could get people to talk to me on the phone as well as in person. https://www.census.gov, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. - Cupertino, CA. They train and your day can start as early as 9 and as late as 8 pm. Average U.S. Census Bureau Field Representative hourly pay in the United States is approximately $18.07, which is 22% above the national average. Good benefits, Unreasonable expectations at times I liked to gather information from respondents to get accurate count of population in the United States. Stay up to date on the latest compensation trends. Copyright © 2008–2020, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. Find a Great First Job to Jumpstart Your Career, Getting a Job Is Tough; This Guide Makes it Easier, Climb the Ladder With These Proven Promotion Tips, A Guide to Negotiating the Salary You Deserve, Current Employee - Census Field Supervisor, KEY NOT FOUND: reviews.temporary-current - Field Representative, Current Contractor - Census Field Manager, Former Employee - Census Field Supervisor, KEY NOT FOUND: reviews.temporary-current - Census Field Supervisor, US Census Bureau Field Representative Jobs, US Census Bureau Regional Technician Jobs, US Census Bureau Office Clerk/Receptionist Jobs, US Census Bureau Information Technology Manager Jobs, 9 Attention-Grabbing Cover Letter Examples, 10 of the Best Companies for Working From Home, The Top 20 Jobs With the Highest Satisfaction, 12 Companies That Will Pay You to Travel the World, 7 Types of Companies You Should Never Work For, How to Become the Candidate Recruiters Can’t Resist, 11 Words and Phrases to Use in Salary Negotiations, 10 High-Paying Jobs With Tons of Open Positions, Negotiating Over Email? I do like it that they sent me into other areas and paid me per diem. Below are the most popular skills and their effect on salary. What questions did they ask during your interview at U.S. Census Bureau? I do like it that they sent me into other areas and paid me per diem. U.S. Census Bureau employees with the job title Field Representative … See how your offer stacks up to other pay packages and negotiate confidently. Free interview details posted anonymously by US Census Bureau interview candidates. Salary estimated from 97 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 36 months. The typical US Census Bureau Field Representative salary is $16. Meaningful work