NBC Sports’ John Clark reported that Greg Ward has also been warming up in case something happens to McCown. A familiar face was back … The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback was knocked out from Sunday's 17-9 loss to the Seattle Seahawks following the second drive with a head injury after his helmet was driven into the turf by Jadeveon Clowney. Wentz was seen walking out of the trainer’s room at Lincoln Financial Field with a significant wrapping on his hand. NBC Sports reported that Wentz was originally listed as questionable to return as he was being evaluated for the head injury. I’m told there is hope Lane Johnson will be back next Sunday How important is he?Eagles have lost 8 of last 9 games Lane has missed or hasn’t finished and are 3-11 under Doug Pederson#Eagles pic.twitter.com/ciKZw0nut2. Running back Miles Sanders also went down on the final play before halftime. I feel for him. Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz is day-to-day with a lower-body injury after missing Sunday’s practice at Lincoln Financial Field. Getty Carson Wentz is listed as questionable with a head injury. It occurred on what to some could be considered a dirty play. No one remembers it or its lessons. ... providing an important update on his status on Instagram. The early indication is the Eagles’ starting quarterback is not seriously hurt, but dealing with a soft-tissue injury that the team is being cautious with. The Eagles have been downplayed it all week and insisted their franchise quarterback would be out there for Week 1. Still, it was refreshing to hear Wentz himself declare he was “feeling great.” The decision to rest was indeed a precautionary one after the 27-year-old felt a “little groin tightness.” (No, it’s not the dreaded sports hernia). It’s all in Gods plan, not mine! The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. He turned 41 in July. Wentz downplayed the concern level in his postgame press conference, “[It’s] just my hand. Unfortunately, the Eagles will be without two of them — receivers Jalen Reagor (first round) and Quez Watkins (sixth round) — to start the year. Let’s take stock of the Philadelphia Eagles’ injury situation coming out of their Week 12 loss to the Seattle Seahawks. Follow the Heavy on Eagles Facebook page for the latest breaking news, rumors and content! "It's like, 'Bro, it's out of your control.' NFL and the NFL shield design are registered trademarks of the National Football League.The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. The new rules will take effect on Saturday, October 17. Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz holding the football during training camp at the NovaCare Complex in South Philadelphia on Monday, August 24, 2020. He’s on the sideline with his helmet, but Eagles have go with Barnett/Curry/Sweat,” Berman tweeted. “I’m very excited about it. No reporters grabbed a picture in time but here’s a description: This isn’t a joke, but it gives the best visual: Wentz’s hand was wrapped like Spider’s foot in Goodfellas after Tommy shot him. The Eagles practiced indoors Saturday in shorts and shells without contact. The early indication is the Eagles’ starting quarterback is not seriously hurt, but dealing with a soft-tissue injury that the team is being cautious with. The Athletic’s Zach Berman reported that Graham was seen back on the sideline with his helmet but had not returned as of the second quarter. Getty Here’s hoping Brooks is feeling better soon. It is just the latest in a number of significant injuries for the Eagles. “Wentz being evaluated for a head injury. "He already is, but moving forward, he's going to be a fortified leader," Jenkins said. “Why can’t he? Carson Wentz's first playoff game lasted eight plays after a head injury forced an early exit, but his Eagles teammates explained the leadership he exuded after the playoff loss. Carson Wentz finally played a playoff game. | Mike Sielski, Jason Peters to Eagles: Pay me more to play left tackle, Selling your Eagles-Ravens tickets? I’ve grown a lot as a man and in my faith.”. The Inquirer’s Jeff McLane reports Brooks was suffering from another bout of anxiety, which previously caused him to miss two games back in 2016. Wentz initially remained in the game but was taken to the locker room after he did not look like himself on the sideline. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz left the NFC wild-card game against the Seattle Seahawks with a head injury and will not return to the game. © 2020 NFL Enterprises LLC. … Brooks was originally replaced by Vaitai. Matt Pryor then came in to play at Brooks’ spot. “I was laying in a cornfield, not a great morning hunt, but got that call from coach as I was laying in the middle of the corn and we packed up right then and there and I said, ‘I gotta go’ and it was definitely one to remember and I definitely cherish that memory.”, Head coach Doug Pederson has named 1st round QB Carson Wentz the starter for Week 1. pic.twitter.com/RprPrabTJt, — Daniel Phillips (@flipsreportNFL) September 5, 2016. “He’s actually done that in a game before — in his career he has done that. Wentz suffered a hand injury that required him to get X-rays during Sunday’s game but he didn’t miss any playing time. Having Josh around last year was huge for me, but really for this entire building. NBC Sports Philadelphia’s John Clark says the Eagles are hoping the injury isn’t very serious. Denver Broncos running back Melvin Gordon missed Friday's practice due to a non-COVID-19 illness, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. The Carson Wentz head injury happened on this hit by Jadeveon Clowney pic.twitter.com/08VrYddOTV, — NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) January 5, 2020, Greg Ward is throwing passes on the sideline to be ready in case Josh McCown can’t#Eagles pic.twitter.com/yU397uHu4L, — John Clark (@JClarkNBCS) January 5, 2020. If an outbreak hits the Eagles’ quarterbacks room, McCown will swoop in and save the day. We wouldn't be in this spot without Carson. Watkins should be back by Week 4 and Reagor hopefully sooner than that. He’ll serve as a player-coach and “virtually” mentor guys from East Texas. And then there was an Adam Schefter report that emerged early on Sunday morning indicating Jeffery would be active. Wentz learned he would be the starting quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles exactly five Labor Days ago. Vikings coach Mike Zimmer announced that running back will not play against the Falcons due to a groin injury. Carson James Wentz (born December 30, 1992) is an American football quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). It’s always good to have him around and we’ll see how it unfolds this season.”. So much for “tough guys” having to “play sometimes a little beat up.” The Eagles were instead left with four wide receivers — Jordan Matthews, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Greg Ward, and Mack Hollins — who’d combined for 14 receptions, 174 yards, and zero touchdowns through Week 11. To treat them as such propagandizes old fallacies that have haunted the NFL. Wentz inked a $128 million extension last year to remain the face of the franchise through 2024.