Everyone on the Browns struggled last year and knowing that Beckham was playing through a hernia only added to the disappointment. They come out as seniors, basically fully developed, and we expect them to continue taking large steps forward when they most likely came out of college as more of a finished product, near their ceiling. I enjoyed your posts last year & the year before. Disclosures. He showed time and time again that he can be someone to rely on. Ridley ging in seiner Geburtsstadt Coconut Creek, Florida, auf die Highschool. The Falcons were really be bad last year and it lead to them averaging 45.9 passing plays per game last year, which led the pack in the NFL. One major drawback of Ridley is his size and strength. He ran solid routes, showed good footwork in route breakdowns and caught a majority of his passes. One of the beneficiaries was Ridley, who was on pace to surpass 80 catches and 1,100 yards when an abdominal injury in the first half of Atlanta's Week 14 game ended his season. Copyright 2007 - 2020 Razzball LLC. We know the offense is changing, but that also comes with some concerns. A season after a fractured ankle ended Beckham's 2017 in Week 5, he sustained a bruised quadriceps that sidelined him for the final four games of 2018. Designed with Fantasy Football in mind. I’m not sure you can find another receiver with the same opportunity and pedigree who has yet to truly break out. In fact, I think the Falcons could have a breakout receiver similar to what the Bucs had with Chris Godwin. He went out on top gaining his second championship in three years for Alabama. Amongst active QBs, only Aaron Rodgers has more seasons of supporting 2 Top 24 WRs. He is more of a WR2 that needs to stay healthy and have better chemistry with Baker Mayfield to achieve WR1 status. After his trade to Cleveland last year it seemed like he was primed for his best season yet, things did not go the way he expected. @SWallace_FF. Später besuchte er drei Jahre lang die University of Alabama, wo er zweimal mit dem College-Football-Team das College Football Playoff National Championship Game gewann (2015 und 2017). Over the past weekend, many got to see Ridley compete among his fellow prospects during the rigorous NFL Combine. While the possible injury issues for Jarvis Landry may initially open up some opportunities, there are many safer options this high in the draft. Learn how your comment data is processed. He has the upside to become a team’s go-to target in future at this point. In the next 4 games, Ridley had a combined 3 receiving touchdowns and at least 76 yards in all 4 games. Pressure to produce is very high, and may not be worth the cost. Prior to getting hurt and having his season cut short, Ridley was on pace for 1,066 yards and eight touchdowns in 2019, which would have had him as the WR14. We are also a keeper league & we can keep a max 2 players keeper settings rounds 1 & 2 are dedicated to keepers, snake starts round 3. This will likely have some effect on his draft stock but Ridley did exceptionally well in the wide receiver drills. It's very difficult to trust Odell to any extent, especially with the potential move to an even more run-heavy offense and the arrival of Austin Hooper. Mulligan please. Gridiron Experts is a fantasy football advisory website providing content and advice to help you win your fantasy league. After that, the season was a little bit of a roller coaster of anywhere from really quiet games to having a decent game with a touchdown peppered in. Thinking of making a change for 2020 we are currently .5 ppr thinking of bumping it up to full ppr, is going from .5 ppr to full ppr that big of a jump? I’m leaning Hill + Cook. I am originally from Midland, MI but now reside in the Cincinnati, OH area. 2018 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Calvin Ridley ... Cooper was the fourth-overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, and Ridley also could go early in the 2018 NFL Draft. Beckham fought through a core injury all last year, which he addressed this offseason with surgery. And that receiver is none other than Calvin Ridley. Even while playing second fiddle to Julio Jones, Ridley totaled 833 yards and 7 TDs last year and that was in only 13 games. Get instant advice on your decision to draft Calvin Ridley or Tyler Lockett in 2020. Fortunately, Ridley is still young and will have time to grow and develop in this matter. Gridiron Experts is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. He ran a 4.43-second unofficial 40-yard dash, placing him in the top six among the wideouts. Am 10. I have been covering different aspects of the NFL, fantasy football and the NFL Draft since 2017. No, I'm a California resident looking for the California Consumer Privacy Act form. There have been some big-name wide receivers that have been drafted from Alabama including Julio Jones and Amari Cooper, both were first-round selections. Whether Julio is the same or not actually doesn’t really have an effect on Ridley’s ceiling. Hey MB! Not many realize that Mohamed Sanu saw 94 targets in 2018 and was on pace for 96 targets before being traded in 2019. I’m starting to get in the flow for fantasy football 2020 (hopefully there’s a season), hope you are well during these crazy times! Im glad you’re making the jump to full PPR. OBJ once again battled injuries and poor QB play as he disappointed for the third consecutive season. His six foot, 189-pound frame could be bounced around if he is placed against the wrong matchup. Calvin Orin Ridley (born December 20, 1994) is an American football wide receiver for the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League (NFL). Ridley has real top-five breakout potential and is an ideal high-end WR2 on your fantasy team. © Copyright 2010-2020 FantasyPros.com Disclaimer: Gridiron Experts does participate in some select affiliate programs. 1 overall wide receiver upside. Part 2. Learn more about. Check out our new NFL Depth Charts! This means that if you click and/or make a purchase through certain affiliate links on this site, Gridiron Experts may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). If Ridley had played all 16 games, conservatively he catches 75+ passes for over 1,000 yards and 8-9 touchdowns. MB says: While I don't expect the Browns to be as run-heavy as the Vikings were, it's an added level of concern. If I do that should I make QBs passing TD 6 pt instead of 4 pt? Ridley put his speed on display for the NFL scouts and executives over the weekend. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Beckham has done it before and has true No. Will 2020 Be Calvin Ridley’s True Breakout Year. Ridley fing in seinen drei Jahren am College 224 Pässe für 2.781 Yards und 19 Touchdowns. I don’t think that the uniforms are the only similarity that there will be with the Bucs and Falcons this year. But here's the thing - it's not like a lot of the wide receivers in the 10-15 range don't come with similar issues or question marks. Razzball.com and the Razzball logo units are copyright Razzball LLC.Site by Design & Develop. My options are Dalvin cook, Tyreek hill, Zach ertz, Russell Wilson, David Johnson. Go to Who Should I Start. But he did have his fair share of struggles over the weekend. Lastly could Jk Dobbins, Jonathan Taylor, or Deandre Swift be the RB to draft in this years fantasy draft? Getting him as your high-end WR2 is worth it. But that's where fantasy players go wrong. At his current ADP, Ridley's a home run selection and has the potential of finishing the season as a WR1. Since Nick Saban’s arrival in 2007, the Crimson Tide have won 132 games and have gotten 67 players drafted in the NFL, including 22 first round selections. Looking for Start/Sit Advice? Outside of the touchdowns, Ridley tallied up 64 catches for 821 yards. He also impressed in the three-cone drill where he ran an unofficial 4.41 time, placing him in the top ten of that category. Austin Hooper, Calvin Ridley, Julio Jones, Laquon Treadwell, Water Boy says: If we were replaying last season, we wouldn't be drafting him until the fifth or sixth round of fantasy drafts. You can also throw in the fact that Austin Hooper signed with the Browns and I don’t see the addition of Laquon Treadwell being much of a threat to Ridley’s production. OBJ is moving into the Adam Thielen role in Kevin Stefanksi's offense and should be the target leader in this offense. He's in the prime of his career at 27 years old and his only competition for targets (Jarvis Landry) is coming off hip surgery. Although he was banged up, Julio Jones only sat out of the Falcons’ week 13 game against the Saints. Brandon Sysak is an staff writer for Gridiron Experts. What in the world happened to Beckham in 2019? 2019 was the first year he'd posted WR2 or better numbers in less than 66.7 percent of his games (which is ridiculous). I wouldn’t be surprised if the Falcons need to depend on Ridley more in the 2020 season. Full PPR shouldn’t make a ton of difference for QB value for that big of a point jump. @gnarlynickk, Matt Ryan has supported 2 Top 24 PPR WRs four times in his career. Fantasy Impact: Browns Trade for Jarvis Landry and Tyrod Taylor, Early 2018 Fantasy Football Breakout Candidates, NFL DFS Picks Week 6: Main Slate and GPP Targets, Buy Low Sell High Fantasy Football Week 6 – RB Edition. With the Falcons having nothing to play for, they shut Ridley down for the final 3 games of the year after suffering an abdominal injury.